DCPC!

Do you need to have an HGV licence to do the DCPC?

No, a few office guys / girls sit in on ours.

I called the DSA dcpc hotline just now and had this explained to me

Those without any LGV or PCV categories on their licences can sit a periodic dcpc course and have them uploaded using their driver licence number BUT they will not get issued with a DQC - driver cpc card - because the system will not allow that to happen as it looks firstly for the LGV/PCV entitlement then determines whether initial is required before issuing the DQC

ROG:

Those without any LGV or PCV categories on their licences can sit a periodic dcpc course and have them uploaded using their driver licence number BUT they will not get issued with a DQC - driver cpc card - because the system will not allow that to happen as it looks firstly for the LGV/PCV entitlement then determines whether initial is required before issuing the DQC

unless the holder has a C1 / D1 licence.

trubster:

ROG:

unless the holder has a C1 / D1 licence.

That would be LGV/PCV :smiley:

Thanks for your replies, most of our HGV drivers have completed the 35hrs. & the remaining courses are being filled up with non HGV licence holders, it,s just that I could not see the point in them completing 35hrs. with no licence benefit, maybe we are heading towards some kind of qualification for all licence holders in the future.