dCPC

I am contemplating setting up a driver cpc training centre as a supplement to pension as there is little provision in my area. Has anyone on TNUK done this?

Good luck with that. You may find that no ones providing dcpc training because there’s no demand.
Most drivers are up to date, as their companies have paid for them to sit one module per year.

Depends where you are in the country it will have to go through Jaupt

gov.uk/guidance/set-up-a-dr … ing-centre

Sixties boy:
Good luck with that. You may find that no ones providing dcpc training because there’s no demand.

My employer is struggling to find places available. Got a text with dates on offer and the comment “limited places left”.

Optimum:
I am contemplating setting up a driver cpc training centre as a supplement to pension as there is little provision in my area. Has anyone on TNUK done this?

There has been a couple of dcpc instructors on where, but not seen some them post for a while, I also think a poster called good friend has started or starting.

pig pen:

Optimum:

There has been a couple of dcpc instructors on where, but not seen some them post for a while, I also think a poster called good friend has started or starting.

Good Friend is a trainer so is Pat Nicholson / Ratcliffe so cant remember her sure name there are probably some more

I had a friend who went into this in 2014.went on a teacher training course tied in with another training provider so he didn’t have all the course set up and register fees, hired a venue held regular courses visited various companies own premises and in the 6 months between march and September 2014 he actually started to earn a little money.
Then September 2014 arrived dcpc’s not needed for another 5 years, no new customers so no option but to finish.

If you are interested in doing it for a bit of pocket money you could try getting hold of a training provider from outside the area to see if you could set something up using their training course and just taking a fee for it

I think even Mercedes pulled out of providing DCPC through their dealer network as they couldn’t make it pay.
I believe they had some training companies involved on a partner basis.

I don’t think that being a DCPC trainer would make a viable business. You would have to do it along side something else. How about being a policeman.?

I think the comments so far are pretty correct TBH. It does pay atm but for how long that will be the case I’m not sure.

If you want to talk about it I don’t mind answering questions so just send me a PM and I can provide a phone number (or get the one off my website :smiley: )

This isn’t the only job I have though. I am an external TM, I use my DGSA, I still drive artics and I train. I think it’s the epitome of not having all your eggs in 1 basket!

Of course, the alternative is to contact any local training companies and see if they are looking for trainers.

My company only employs drivers to be trainers but most aren’t so restrictive. All I know is we are all looking for decent trainers and it’s a guaranteed wage if you don’t mind having all the admin done for you.

I am a trained DCPC trainer. I do my courses in association with a driving Agency. I would say there is little chance of making this pay - as a full time job. I would also add that as I do agency driving + driving for my own customers, it is astounding how many drivers have done very little towards their CPC. The agency I work for has about 120 drivers on their books. I would say, about 25% of the drivers have done the training through the agency. They get a discounted rate - but they can use other providers, but I bump into their drivers all the time, and a lot I havent trained. I also know of about 15-20 EMPLOYED drivers at 4x companies who are short of 3 days, I know one company where 4/5 drivers have done NO training!
I have an ongoing “bet” if you like with another trainer, that between us and our areas - Worcestershire, Herefordshire, Gloucestershire and the West Midlands, there will be drivers who will fall through the net, and we will have the situation where a driver in a company vehicle will be stopped post September without having a valid CPC. It will more than likely be an Agency driver, on a customers vehicle. The company OCRS will go south. My friend believes it will be in my area. I don’t agree, however I have a horrible idea he may be right.There is nothing I can really do. The agencies are not actively doing anything Im aware of.
The horrible outcome - and I hope im wrong in saying this, will be with honest drivers - either company or Agency. Any company who has a vehicle pulled and the driver turns out to not be legal, will be in the brown stuff, and it will be deep!!! honest drivers will then be scrutinised by the authorities because of the broken law.
Look at it like this. We all read the posts about Agency drivers leaving Damage and mess. But if you work for a company as a driver, does your company check how much CPC training agency drivers have done - or not?

Its a driver"s responsibility to be legal ,that means have the licence and valid DCPC card. The agency ought to see those qualifications before giving him or her employment and the operator should check those things before handing over the keys.

alamcculloch:
Its a driver"s responsibility to be legal ,that means have the licence and valid DCPC card. The agency ought to see those qualifications before giving him or her employment and the operator should check those things before handing over the keys.

Makes sense. So that’s two or three opportunities to impose fines!

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk