Dcpc Training

Hey Guys wasn`t sure where to put this so Ive gone for in here. this may waffle on a bit so apologies from the off. :laughing:

Now im struggling to get work as a hgv driver an with some savings in the bank was considering doing my pcv D cat license now as far as my cpc for hgv is concerned im on grandfather rights an have completed 3 of the 5 that have to be done before 2014.

but my question is do i have todo the initial cpc for psv before taking the test or can i use the 21 hrs ive already done for my hgv as part of my pcv?? in other words are my hgv cpcs valid or would i have to take 2 sets of cpcs to carry on driving both typesâ– â– ? :confused: :confused:

either finish your 35 hours then do conversion for pcv or you have to do initial pcv mod 2+4

so if i do another 2 on hgv id be covered for pcv aswell yeah?

Think you have to do a conversion module 2 but still do module 1,3 and 4 so no real benefit, Rog or Peter will be along later to sort you out :smiley:

I’ll do a made up example of how the periodic dcpc DQC (driver cpc card) expiry dates will go under the current DSA system -

21 hours of periodic dcpc done so far
Pass all 4 initial PCV dcpc modules on 04/04/2012
Get a DQC expiry dated 03/04/2017 PCV and 09/09/2014 LGV
Complete the other 14 hours of periodic dcpc at any time before 09/09/2014 and get a new DQC
That new DQC will be expiry dated (get this) 03/04/2022 for BOTH PCV & LGV - wow !!
No more periodic dcpc will count until 04/04/2017 which is 5 years before the 5 year expiry date of 03/04/2022

Rog am I correct in thinking that if you have done your 35 hours before doing pcv then you do the conversion mod 2 rather than the initial

Noworries:
Rog am I correct in thinking that if you have done your 35 hours before doing pcv then you do the conversion mod 2 rather than the initial

If I remember correctly the conversion is only for those who have done one set of dcpc initial and then go on to do the other dcpc iniitial

so if i got this right, your saying do all the 4 modules of the initial cpc for pcv aswell as my 2 for hgv before 2014 then id be covered for both till 2022 or 2017 when id have to start training again, an then id have to only complete 5 cpc`s to keep both or 10â– â–  :confused:

also ive been looking on a website for a training company near me they only mention 2 modules 2case studies an 4 practical demo an no mention of the other 2 what are these?? are they just classroom based like the hgv cpc.

an module 4 is a pratical at the test centre i passed at an in the same vehicle, im guessing i have to pass the test first, before doing this one do i have to pass before doing the others aswell?

Sorry for all the questions just id rather get the advise, than get ripped off by a school an doing courses i dont have to…
Ive got D provisional on my licence already an theory test booked for end of month :slight_smile:

yes only 1 lot of 35 hours as cpc covers for both pcv and lgv you don’t have to do two lots once you’ve got it

Cheers no worries thats one the main bits i was worried about :smiley:

ROG:
If I remember correctly the conversion is only for those who have done one set of dcpc initial and then go on to do the other dcpc iniitial

Spot on Rog. The conversion test is a cut down version of the Module 2. It is only available if you have previously passed the Mod 2 and Mod 4 for either Cat D or Cat C. I have never spoken to a single person that has ever taken the conversion exam.