DCPC Trainers talking BS

So over the last week or so almost every other topic has been ‘DCPC trainer said x’ and it was a load of cobblers. As I understand it, JAUPT approved centres need to register their trainers, and demonstrate they have appropriate industry knowledge of the area to be taught… Right?

So clearly this is not being done. Why isn’t there a standard test trainers must take on each subject area- particularly WTD/DH regs- to check they actually KNOW the rules? And why is there not a standard reporting procedure to report muppet trainers so penalties can be applied to the school for not being professional, and to log the trainer as incompetent?

I can’t help thinking for every good driver who knows its BS, someone in the room thinks ‘whoops, I’ve been doing it wrong’ and leaves to ■■■■ things up with the best of intentions.

Gerr! Why does no one take pride in doing a good job now days!!!?

Because most DCPC trainers are only in it for the money

Perhaps a dcpc trainer can tell us if a drivers hours course content accuracy is checked upon by an official person/expert who knows what they are talking about?

I think every HGV driver wouldnt mind a new course being available, but it has to be cost effective, it has to actually add to the drivers knowledge, and purely and simply, this so called DCPC is not of any interest whatsoever, or teaches nothing new, that a present driver doesnt already know.
We were basically forced into taking this course, by stating that all drivers must have the card, or face being taken off the road. I often wondered if a driver refused, to do the course, then went on the road, and got stopped, what exactly would happen, forgive my ignorance, but i havnt read of any penaltys as yet, merely that a driver would be breaking the law, by not having one. The way i see it is, if it went to court, under what pretence, the driver has a current licence to drive, so surely a charge of not having taken a course, or not complying with legislation, must in effect have its own heading, just wondering what that would be. To me its like being charged for buying a newspaper, when i couldnt read.
What do you guys think ?
And ( dont know if this has been covered ) but what should be in a course, personally, i think that a school/s should be set up to teach newbies, how to ratchet, rope, sheet, chain, etc, to at least give a newbie a chance to get a foot on the ladder, at the moment he cant, mainly because he lacks experience, so the RHA should be allowed to take part in a training program, ex drivers like myself, should be offered a role in its setting up, and running, similar to a wartime situation, where transport was commandeered, the same as a training program, but depended on the availability of vehicles, and trailers, and obviously would need, flats, tauts, fridges, low loaders, although not necessarily, as a classroom could be set up to represent trailers, even units for gear changes, what do you think about that idea, because personally,it stinks, no training has ever been put into practice, maybe in house, but certainly not across the board, once a driver has passed a test, he is on his own, to learn all the skills, that us oldies had to learn from fellow drivers, but the difference back then, was we could bluff our way, and then train, or learn, basically as you went along,whereas today, the only way once you have a licence is through an agency, but there is no ongoing training, and a lot of newbies have no idea of the various tasks expected of him once he enters that depot.

The laws are already current …

Failure to carry an issued DQC = FPN of £30 - might have gone up recently

Failure to complete required dcpc training = max fine of £1000 for both driver and employer

It’s a very similar situation to my previous profession as a sparky. I was fully qualified to 17th edition regs and could go and wire up and test the largest factory, but I couldn’t install a socket in my own kitchen without either registering with the NICEIC as a domestic installer, or by paying the council building inspector to come round and make sure that I’d done it correctly. Qualifications and ability count for very little these days, it’s whether somebody can tick a box on their form which matters :frowning:

Gary