dcpc question

hi, guys… company has annouced our first date for the dcpc, this will be a in house course. my question is one of the drivers says he can only attend the course for about 4 or may 5 hours, is the 7 hour course for each time we attend compulsary or can it be broken down to suite with the aim to catch up later :confused:

If it has been arranged as a seven hour course then a seven hour course it is. I believe there is an option for the trainer to schedule 2x3.5 hour courses on consecutive days but it doesn’t sound like that is the case here.

If the driver can’t attend for the full seven hours then not a lot of point in him attending at all as he can’t just go along and make up 2 or 3 hours later.

Having said that some courses don’t necessarily last the full 7 hours with the trainer being somewhat flexible in his/her interpretation of what 7 hours is. :wink:

Unless things have changed, doing it “inhouse” is not allowed, it has to be at an official DCPC accredited place. Ive done 7 hours and it was done “inhouse” but only because the firm I was with at the time setup the training centre in a consortium with a few other local firms so the rules were bent a little and wasnt to be repeated as a official bod can turn up unexpected to make sure things are being done properly.

i asked the question about inhouse courses and was told the instructor has been sent on an official dcpc instructors course :stuck_out_tongue: fit for purpose,
as for the ammount of hour this driver can do on the dcpc course thanks for the reply, ill let him work it out, i was just curious but i can see your point, thanks very much.

Alcpone:
Unless things have changed, doing it “inhouse” is not allowed, it has to be at an official DCPC accredited place. Ive done 7 hours and it was done “inhouse” but only because the firm I was with at the time setup the training centre in a consortium with a few other local firms so the rules were bent a little and wasnt to be repeated as a official bod can turn up unexpected to make sure things are being done properly.

Larger Company have own In-House Training centre.

ofcourse i dont know the full company details regarding the trainer but he is going from one depot to another carrying out these courses, by the way my company is coop, just been reading on the net regarding trainer courses so im guessing this could be ok, :wink: hey perhaps i shouldnt worry too much as long as iget my cpc card at the end :smiley: :smiley: