DCPC Online option - update

For those that hate the idea of classroom DCPC (isn’t that everyone?) this is just to let you know that, despite what many of us believed to be common sense, the DVSA will definitely soon be removing the option to do all of it online.

From 22nd July they’re making changes which will allow only 12 hours of e-learning in the full 35. Yes, 12 not an obvious 14 hours :unamused:

gov.uk/government/consultat … egulations

Zac_A:
For those that hate the idea of classroom DCPC (isn’t that everyone?) this is just to let you know that, despite what many of us believed to be common sense, the DVSA will definitely soon be removing the option to do all of it online.

From 22nd July they’re making changes which will allow only 12 hours of e-learning in the full 35. Yes, 12 not an obvious 14 hours :unamused:

gov.uk/government/consultat … egulations

If the online thing was kept I would maybe have considered doing it for next time round. Looks like I’ll just do the same again, pay a guy and voila, 35 hours done in just a few minutes.

Im glad I did it all when furloughed

What’s the 12 instead 14 all about■■?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boris1971:
What’s the 12 instead 14 all about■■?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apparently the ■■■■■■■ session doesn’t count for load security anymore

Not sure this is gospel as this consultation pre-dates coronavirus and was carried out before there’d been any trial of courses online.

I don’t think e-learning = zoom. It can just mean using a computer.

I would say that e-learning is not online training.

The 12 hours is a little strange.

The devil will be in the detail!

I think it’s fair to say that e-learning means anything involving an electronic device, so yes, online delivery whether by Zoom or MS Teams or any other platform.

The 12 hour thing is just daft, I’m tempted to say it’s even perverse to keep it shy of two full days, but maybe there’ll be some small justification when they make it into law - I wouldn’t bet on it though.
commercialmotor.com/news/co … driver-cpc