DCPC online courses

Can anyone recommend a company that do online courses for CPC at the weekends?

Thanks.

ineedmoney:
Can anyone recommend a company that do online courses for CPC at the weekends? Thanks.

I think Pete from PSTT answered this on another thread, but make sure if you take a course that they are registered with DCPC. I found one place online with reed training, but it all looks very sus to me @£65 a course for 3.5 hrs towards CPC? This is not a recommendation.

I am still looking into if you can get a tax rebate for the course from the HMRC, you get one for £140 cleaning uniform per year, tools for your job, why not necessary renewed qualifications for an occupation.

VR-Services in Hamilton where doing them for £35 via zoom

V R training spot on, done the 35hrs over the 5 days £175.00 .Had all certificate emailed on the last day and showing on the gov site

Would it be more beneficial to do the ADR than DCPC? Normally same price that I have seen and it is 28hrs towards DCPC?

Try enterprise

I did 4 days worth of Online CPC training with EP in Surrey.

The instructors tried to make it interesting and tried to get people involved etc. I was happy with what I got from it.

They do a Saturday option too from memory.

eptraining.co.uk/course/category/driver-cpc

ADR is normally much more expensive than DCPC, “darn sarf” you’ll pay up to £700, much less further north (around £450).

But… personally I reckon it’s worth doing ADR instead of regular DCPC: ADR is all worthwhile knowledge whereas a lot of DCPC courses can be quite repetitive and have a lot of “padding” in them.

Adds to your employability too, for example if you were on agency work and they had work for ADR qualified drivers but not for non-ADR, you’d essentially have the ADR course “pay for itself” within two weeks.

Zac_A:
whereas a lot of DCPC courses can be quite repetitive

Judging by the crap people are still posting in here and on Facebook trucking pages about drivers hours they need to be because quite clearly there are a lot of drivers who clearly need it repeating to them on a continuous loop for 7hrs, 5 days in a row until they finally get it. You’d have thought that after almost 30 years with very few changes that they’d have managed to work it out by now…

peirre:
VR-Services in Hamilton where doing them for £35 via zoom

Spoke to them on the phone and they were only doing Mon-Fri.

Conor:

Zac_A:
whereas a lot of DCPC courses can be quite repetitive

Judging by the crap people are still posting in here and on Facebook trucking pages about drivers hours they need to be because quite clearly there are a lot of drivers who clearly need it repeating to them on a continuous loop for 7hrs, 5 days in a row until they finally get it. You’d have thought that after almost 30 years with very few changes that they’d have managed to work it out by now…

As far as Driver Hours goes, I totally agree, it has to be the number one topic yet is frequently so poorly understood.
Safe/secure loading is another one that doesn’t seem to get taken as seriously as it needs to.
I was thinking more about the repetition of topics such as PPE, which seems to get bunged in all over the place to pad things out. Health and Safety frequently gets overdone and dragged out - I once sat through a course that did almost half the day on manual handling :unamused:

Hyh:
I did 4 days worth of Online CPC training with EP in Surrey.

The instructors tried to make it interesting and tried to get people involved etc. I was happy with what I got from it.

They do a Saturday option too from memory.

eptraining.co.uk/course/category/driver-cpc

They’re only doing mon-fri as well.

Can’t find any that are doing weekend courses. :neutral_face:

I’m not surprised VR are only doing it Mon-Fri, as I understand it they only had one trainer delivering it,week after week, he must be knackered and totally fed up!

These guys had one scheduled for Saturday 26th July (yesterday). I had been told they weren’t doing it online anymore, only classroom, so I don’t know if this was a bit of a one-off. They usually do DCPC every second Saturday. It’s possible if you could get three or four people together they might be persuaded to run one again? They’re quoting £68.75
chartwise-online.com/product-ca … river-cpc/

And before anyone has a go about the prices, it’s got nowt to do with me, I’m just trying to help out anyone looking to avoid sitting in a stuffy classroom in the middle of summer.