DCPC Language Courses

Does anyone know if there are any JAUPT approved basic language courses in Polish that will count towards me becoming a bona fide professional LGV Driver?

My thx in advance.

Don’t think valeting counts towards it mate.

Thank you please.

Warsaw.

Heaps of them.

don’t know about learning Polish, but I do a home study course called trucknet where I have learnt to speak total [zb] :smiley:

Dork Lard:
Does anyone know if there are any JAUPT approved basic language courses in Polish that will count towards me becoming a bona fide professional LGV Driver?

My thx in advance.

Why you need Cpc in Polish language?All what need you it is come to Classroom, taked seat and stay there for 8 hours.You can not listen,understand nothing but you get 7 hours.

Andrejs:

Dork Lard:

My thx in advance.

Why you need Cpc in Polish language?All what need you it is come to Cox, talked seat and stay there for 8 hours.You can not listen,understand nothing but you get 7 hours.

:laughing: I think you have a fair point there.

Although I think the OP is on a wind up, I think doing a language course as part of the DCPC would be a great idea, might actually feel like you’ve achieved something.
Looked at doing language courses in adult education centres, but they don’t fit round this type of work.

[/quote]

If you go to Germany…you learn German

if you go to Poland…you learn Polish

if you go to France…you learn French

do you see where this is going ■■ pay attention at the back !!

IF YOU GO TO ENGLAND…GUESS WHAT LANGUAGE YOU MUST LEARN…■■..THE ANSWER IS…ENGLISH…

So, there will be no classes in England where another language is spoken…you can learn english…then do your study…or the cheaper option is go to Poland, and learn it in your own language…i dont think theres a problem in holding a dcpc in another language other than english.

muckles:
Although I think the OP is on a wind up, I think doing a language course as part of the DCPC would be a great idea, might actually feel like you’ve achieved something.
Looked at doing language courses in adult education centres, but they don’t fit round this type of work.

Do you not think there is enough crap with the DCPC as it is.
How far do you go with doing stuff that has ■■■■ all to do with the job …flower arranging, dress making,.weapons training.
Let’s just ban the ■■■■ thing instead, driving standards and standards of many drivers have not changed a jot as it is since this ■■■■■■■■ became compulsory.
Problem is many have became richer because of it…apart from us drivers that is.

The Dcpc is a tax for drivers, you can do the same course subject title over and over again .
Sit in the back dribbling over a ■■■■■■■ magazine if you wish.
No exam, no test.
The police and Dvsa have never asked to see my card .
Ban it when Brexit comes, waste of time .
Trainers that talk bollacks, have no clue of the real world who still think its a 60 quid fine per trailer leg wind up handle.

truckyboy:
So, there will be no classes in England where another language is spoken…

So… is it not possible that in some parts of the UK someone could hold a DCPC course where all the attendees and the tutor are UK residents from the polish community?
So in theory it could be possible run a course where the syllabus is approved by the UK authorities, but all communication is in Polish. As long as they understand all the facts presented during the course I see no reason why the course cannot be held in a non English speaking language

robroy:

muckles:

Do you not think there is enough crap with the DCPC as it is.
How far do you go with doing stuff that has [zb] all to do with the job …flower arranging, dress making,.weapons training.
Let’s just ban the [zb] thing instead, driving standards and standards of many drivers have not changed a jot as it is since this ■■■■■■■■ became compulsory.
Problem is many have became richer because of it…apart from us drivers that is.

I wasn’t saying make a language course compulsory, but as its here and we have to do it I thinking I could do something that might be of use to me, instead of sitting through some of the stuff I’ve sat through, the last 2 sessions I’ve had the instructor has been lifting content straight from the operators cpc, which I’ve already done.

truckyboy:
If you go to Germany…you learn German

if you go to Poland…you learn Polish

if you go to France…you learn French

do you see where this is going ■■ pay attention at the back !!

IF YOU GO TO ENGLAND…GUESS WHAT LANGUAGE YOU MUST LEARN…■■..THE ANSWER IS…ENGLISH…

So, there will be no classes in England where another language is spoken…you can learn english…then do your study…or the cheaper option is go to Poland, and learn it in your own language…i dont think theres a problem in holding a dcpc in another language other than english.

^
This
Im fluent in Spanish and French but…only because ive been over here so long. To do a language course to actually speak fluently another language would take an age…

peirre:

truckyboy:
So, there will be no classes in England where another language is spoken…

So… is it not possible that in some parts of the UK someone could hold a DCPC course where all the attendees and the tutor are UK residents from the polish community?
So in theory it could be possible run a course where the syllabus is approved by the UK authorities, but all communication is in Polish. As long as they understand all the facts presented during the course I see no reason why the course cannot be held in a non English speaking language

As the owner of an Approved DCPC Training Centre I can confirm this would be perfectly ok.

I’m not sure how JAUPT would approve the course or audit the course if in Polish etc but that’d be their problem.

Looks like theres two sides to this thread, one, learning another language as part of a DCPC and two, having a DCPC course for those not indigenous to the country.
The second one would work, the first certainly wouldnt, it would take weeks of learning to just pick up the basics of another language. Speaking French and Spanish now comes as second nature as ive had years of practice but…occasionally ill get a funny look if i mispronounce something… :stuck_out_tongue:

AndrewG:
Looks like theres two sides to this thread, one, learning another language as part of a DCPC and two, having a DCPC course for those not indigenous to the country.
The second one would work, the first certainly wouldnt, it would take weeks of learning to just pick up the basics of another language. Speaking French and Spanish now comes as second nature as ive had years of practice but…occasionally ill get a funny look if i mispronounce something… :stuck_out_tongue:

Who said anything about being fluent in the language?
Just some basics, would be more useful in my professional and personal life than much of what’s already done on the DCPC.

muckles:

AndrewG:

Just some basics, would be more useful in my professional and personal life than much of what’s already done on the DCPC.

If you are equating learning a language in the dcpc to be able to do the job all I ever needed was.

A quelle heure le bateau part il?

and

Un grande biere sil vous plait.
:smiley:

robroy:

muckles:

AndrewG:

Just som e basics, would be more useful in my professional and personal life than much of what’s already done on the DCPC.

If you are equating learning a language in the dcpc to be able to do the job all I ever needed was.

A quelle heure le bateau part il?

and

Un grande biere sil vous plait.
:smiley:

Thanks Rob, see I’ve just learned more than a whole 7 hours module. :laughing: