dcpc in europe

now i know like all good e.u. citizens we have totally embraced the driver c.p.c, but has the rest of our fellow europeians, is there any country that has said we ain’t doing it, or not till we think we can be arsed, and that will be a long way down the line. i am just wondering if its only the u.k that jumps when the idiots in brussels say so :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Most have been doing it for years and it is far tougher

I recently had a driver attend 5 DCPC courses in a row because he needed his DQC for the job he wanted in france.

He was telling me when he was last working in France he had some other qualification (the name of which I can’t remember) but it put a code on French licences - and as a Brit he had a seperate card to show he had undergone the training and PASSED.

So from what he said - it is harder in France and involves a pass not just attendance.

He did the 35 hours with me, got his DQC and was given the job in France.

Talking of passing - came a cross a driver trying to pass the initial DCPC and struggling. Seems there is a very large bank of questions covering all manner of things and he’s failed 3 time now. he has his actual licence but can’t drive on the road for a living until he gets Mod 3 (theory exam) passed then his Mod 4 (practical). He was fine till his boss realised he should have the Initial DCPC and had to take him off the road.

I am getting the impression the DCPC for ‘acquired rights’ drivers is far easier than having to pass the initial.