DCPC idea.

i’ve had an idea. :laughing:
as we all know, the driver cpc is a complete waste of time.
wouldn’t it be useful, if you could do a foreign language course, and that would count as the full 35 hours?

limeyphil:
wouldn’t it be useful, if you could do a foreign language course, and that would count as the full 35 hours?

To be honest I think that’s actually a good idea :open_mouth:

Perhaps if it could be arranged for on-line learning of Esperanto to count for 35 hours training, unfortunately it’s not possible with the way the DCPC is currently set-up, but if it was possible at least we’d all be talking crap in the same language :wink:

Would doing English in a different accent count?

If they taught polski i’d be able to fit in with the rest of the country when i leave the house everyday.

If the course was JAUPT approved then no reason why not, ANY course that is JAUPT approved counts.
Finding a language course that is JAUPT approved however may be a bit tricky

Get a course in Talking ■■■■■■■■ JAUPT approved and the DCPC thing will be easy. Obviously as 1 hour of listening to nonsense pour forth from a driver’s mouth feels like 7 hours the whole course could be completed in 5 hours. Might even get the entire course done in one sitting while waiting to tip in your average RDC.

limeyphil:

This is called leading the question with your own versions of possible outcomes. There are many that do not think the DCPC is a waste of time, so it negates this leader on your question and possibly its direction.
(Yeah i know i swallowed a dictionary !!) :smiley: :smiley:

limeyphil:

I wouldn’t think it usefull to learn a second language if it meant omitting something else. The vast majority of the world learn English specifically for the use of trade/commerce. This is also seen in the fact many countries speak English as a second language. Why would we waste our time learning a different language in order to do our job when the majority of the rest of the world are learning English to be able to converse with us? Use your time wiseley i always say !!!