DCPC, Help needed guys

Have had 30 years on class 1 then gave it up for career change which didn’t work out.
After being off the road for 6 years I now want my licence back.
Eyesight test and medical all sorted but now have a problem with the 35 hours DCPC.
Local firm wants £495 which I’ve been told is over the top, but when I google it I can’t find any in the area which I feel confident of.
Can any of you guys recommend a training centre in East Sussex or Kent?

Confident of?

You’re not going to learn anything mate, and there’s no test, pay as little as possible, get the card, crack on

There was a thread a few days ago where its much cheaper and included accommodation if you can travel. It might be worth using the search to have a quick look for it.

m1cks:
There was a thread a few days ago where its much cheaper and included accommodation if you can travel. It might be worth using the search to have a quick look for it.

Thanks m1cks, found the thread but it’s in Newbury, was half hoping for something a bit closer.
Might have to go for that one and have a week away from the mrs for first time in 6 years!!

Sounds like a win-win scenario

waynedl:
Confident of?

You’re not going to learn anything mate, and there’s no test, pay as little as possible, get the card, crack on

THIS ^^^^^^^^

Problem now is a lot of training centres have stopped doing it for the time being - lack of demand.

But shop around - you should find somewhere. Ask agencies - they sometimes know places…

Hving said I don’t want to do mine. I have changed my mind and am looking at one in Doncaster starting on the 10th November I live in Devon! :open_mouth:

bigvern1:
Hving said I don’t want to do mine. I have changed my mind and am looking at one in Doncaster starting on the 10th November I live in Devon! :open_mouth:

Doncaster? How much is that then?

After phoning all round the country I finally found someone just an hour away from me.
As I’ve had so many problems getting someone to do cpc training at short notice, I think it’s only right that I should put his contact details on here to help others in same position. Details are as follows

Kevin Hardwick
Ace Driver CPC Training
Hothfield, nr Ashford, Kent
07595 65 42 57

He’s an ex driver and ex TM so knows his stuff. Done 2 days so far and it’s actually been a laugh, thought I was going to be bored to tears.