DCPC for those with 9th September expiry date

How many days DCPC training have you completed?

Finished the last one tonight at 16.30 decided to do an ADR one for a change and it was good to sit and learn something rather than sit and listen to an ins.tructor who at best ahs a limited grasp of drivers hours

Done , at last one there is a letter saying there having
Trouble issuing cards and check online you
Have done 35 hrs training & carry your
5 attendance certificates and you will be
Ok to drive until your card arrives
Training school bloke told & pointed out to us
Memo to us but as above , make sure you have
Done 5 x 7 hr courses

I haven’t done any at all. I did have to renew my licence last week but without the psv or the class one (which I had held since 1976). It is most unlikely I will ever need them again since I took an early retirement over two years ago :slight_smile:

When I entered the room for my LAST time I greeted a couple of old hands with “what are you doing here then?” They had retired but got bored so wanted back in the saddle.

Did my last one last week. Hopefully last I’ll ever do as I’ll be 71 when this lot expires, but, never say never!!!
I was surprisingly well organised, doing one in '17 two in '18 and two this year.
Did three first aid; (worth while and interesting). One drivers hours, conducted by an arrogant and ignorant Individual who was not happy when a roomful of old men ripped holes in what he was peddling. The last one was so bad that although i did it last Thursday, i cant remember what the subject was.

Never mind, a man who left school in 1970 with three O levels and one Higher, now has a Professional Qualification!!!
My dear old Mum would have been made up.

Got my shiney new card 4 or 5 weeks ago. Surprised there isn’t a slot on the dash to stick it in which allows the engine to start given how vital it is [emoji57]

Didn’t vote as my five mods are ongoing and I will have five in the bag by Friday, Trainer told me today that if a person has only completed say four of their five modules by the date of expiry, and the last one is taken in the new period of training, then they will have to do the whole lot again, gawd knows if thats true!

Just finished with it. My last two were booked for mid November but I got a phone call to say there had been cancellations. I did all with two local driver training companies; Gordon Springate and Kent Metro; this was a good move since the lecturers are driving instructors and each had a long history in the haulage industry so knew what they were about. Much banter and ‘please join in with experiences and any questions because it’ll make the clock seem to go round faster’. So thanks to Paul and Steve for making it better than just about bearable. I can’t imagine what it must have been like for them having to do this week in - week out for the last few months. I don’t see the point in doing any more for the next round until I know If I have passed my medical in five years time and have decided if I have the desire to carry on in my seventies … if I get that far.

Twoninety88:
Didn’t vote as my five mods are ongoing and I will have five in the bag by Friday, Trainer told me today that if a person has only completed say four of their five modules by the date of expiry, and the last one is taken in the new period of training, then they will have to do the whole lot again, gawd knows if thats true!

I think you will find that is known as “DCPC trainer ■■■■■■■■”. :wink:

If you had only done 4 modules then you would not be qualified to drive vocationally until the fifth was done.