DCPC feedback.

Ready to many drivers done all 35 hours or near.
1.Are you learn something there??
2.Course trainers was good ??experienced??
3.all 15 drivers was active ,ask question or just seating??
4.how many stupid question was from drivers??
5.and any funny situation at course.
6.what you think-what must improve,change ■■?

The same issue remains - there is no assessment of each driver to determine what if any training they need and then to tailor that training for that driver which then needs testing to determine if that driver has assimilated the info correctly

Until that is done then some drivers might get a little from each course but its unlikely that the whole of a course will be useful unless its dcpc as an add on to a course that was there in the first place like ADR in which case the driver has simply paid out more money for no more knowledge than they would have got before dcpc

What subjects do they cover over the next five years or is it the same as before?

The syllabus remains the same, but you can choose whatever courses you like.

Sadly the best ones are horribly expensive…there’s a Mercedes one on avoiding roll-overs where you drive around in circles until your (stabiliser-equipped) trailer tips up which is really good (they explain the physics/dynamics of it and braking v swerving as avoidance techniques and so on) but it cost a fortune.

I’d challenge anyone to do it and honestly say that they didn’t find it enjoyable and informative.

waddy640:
What subjects do they cover over the next five years or is it the same as before?

There are no set courses which need to be taken to make up the 35 hours although some training companies set out their own courses as modules 1 to 5 so it gives the impression that there are such = clever marketing ploy

You can do a particular course 5 times to make up the 35 hours and then do that exact same course another 5 times for the following set of 35 hours and so on = very boring but if paying yourself and its cheap …

Can someone point me in the right direction regarding this scenario…I already have my DQC as I’ve completed 35 hours Periodic Training. If I were to attend another module before September would the 7 hours count? Would it be uploaded & ‘carried over’ to next 5 year cycle? I don’t think this is possible - I think the extra training will be invalid. I can’t find a link, just several references to the training cycles 2009-2014, 2014-2019 etc. Can anyone help■■?

seeing as DCPC is here to stay, I really think that the course’s and content need to be much more informative, I’ve completed my 35 hours, and learned very little, I think first aid should be compulsory, and even minor repairs on vehicles etc, to get drivers out of trouble.
My feeling is it is just a box ticking exercise, with very few training providers giving much thought to the courses they teach, picking up your money and running. this set of training should have been a learning curve, for the authorities and training companies, with the next round being much improved, and the authorities able to send people on training if they have been caught for offences ie tacho infringements, load problems, sending employees on relevant training.

but hey, I’m just a truck driver, trying to earn a living in this industry, who listens to us, and our thoughts■■?

No. Not valid mate.

Ive done my 35hrs and 2 of the days were exactly the same ,watched the same video and talked about the same things ,only difference was their were different people in the room moaning about different things.

it’s a load of old crap.
Why not do a test? If you pass, you carry on. if you fail, you train to pass.

squibbo:
seeing as DCPC is here to stay, I really think that the course’s and content need to be much more informative, I’ve completed my 35 hours, and learned very little, I think first aid should be compulsory, and even minor repairs on vehicles etc, to get drivers out of trouble.
My feeling is it is just a box ticking exercise, with very few training providers giving much thought to the courses they teach, picking up your money and running. this set of training should have been a learning curve, for the authorities and training companies, with the next round being much improved, and the authorities able to send people on training if they have been caught for offences ie tacho infringements, load problems, sending employees on relevant training.

but hey, I’m just a truck driver, trying to earn a living in this industry, who listens to us, and our thoughts■■?

If your company is taken to PI for, say, hours infringements, then the TC is likely to be more lenient if the employer can show all drivers (and maybe key office staff) have been sent on the appropriate training course.

There was at least one case in the bus industry where an O licence was suspended, with the express condition that all staff had to go on the appropriate D CPC course before it was returned.

seth 70:
Ive done my 35hrs and 2 of the days were exactly the same ,watched the same video and talked about the same things ,only difference was their were different people in the room moaning about different things.

So, why did you choose to go on the same course twice…or were you sent on it?

cheekymonkey:
No. Not valid mate.

Thanks, yep that’s what I thought. Also to clarify - I just got an Email response from JAUPT clearly stating the ‘extra’ hours would be invalid. Here’s the main part of the Email:

If a driver has completed their 35 hours of Periodic Training, they cannot obtain any more hours towards their next licence. They will have to wait until the next five year period in order to obtain any further hours towards their Driver CPC licence.

If, however, a driver does decide to undertake more Periodic Training after completion of their 35 hours, then they are able to sit on the course and be taught the information, but the hours won’t be uploaded towards their next 5 year period. In other words, they cannot ‘bank’ their hours.

Thanks again.

Back on subject…DCPC training needs to be more job-related, more training needs to count towards DCPC & this procedure needs to be made easier to happen. HI-AB, fork-lift, CPCS, Manager CPC training, driving assessments, company inductions, H&S courses & many more- all should be given some sort of credit towards the 35 hours. And I would like the 7 hours to be more flexible i.e. maybe shorter training should count as something - maybe capped at 14 hours out of the 35 hours?? 5 x 7 hours is a lot to ask EVERY 5 years■■?

Quality training is a must, so probably more spot-checks or even consider unannounced ‘mystery shoppers’.

Daz1970:

cheekymonkey:
No. Not valid mate.

Thanks, yep that’s what I thought. Also to clarify - I just got an Email response from JAUPT clearly stating the ‘extra’ hours would be invalid. Here’s the main part of the Email:

If a driver has completed their 35 hours of Periodic Training, they cannot obtain any more hours towards their next licence. They will have to wait until the next five year period in order to obtain any further hours towards their Driver CPC licence.

If, however, a driver does decide to undertake more Periodic Training after completion of their 35 hours, then they are able to sit on the course and be taught the information, but the hours won’t be uploaded towards their next 5 year period. In other words, they cannot ‘bank’ their hours.

Thanks again.

JAUPT still haven’t realised that in five years time, A Drivers Driver qualification card will have to run out before they can undertake any training that will count.
There should be a timescale of say 3 years, Then you can start banking some hours towards the next 5 year period.

Only training hours done within the 5 years prior to the current or ghost DQC expiry date can count

There is a one off exception and that is for those who have both PCV & LGV acquired rights where the 6 years from 09/09/2013 to 09/09/2019 will counts for any hours done towards the 09/09/2019 to 09/09/2024 period

GasGas:

seth 70:

So, why did you choose to go on the same course twice…or were you sent on it?

work paid fo it m8.

Andrejs:
‘…what you think-what must improve,change ■■?..’

Leave the waste of both space and money European (supposed) ‘Union’ that legislates a supposed need for the DCPC, which:

1. Does not present what’s best - or is necessarily needed for UK LGV drivers
  2. Is undemocratic
  3. Is expensive
  4. Is actively irritating Russia into a European War - what with Ukrainians wanting a slice of the £53,000,000 per day that the UK pays to remain in the fiasco and wiping the Russians nose in it.

I’ll give you my feedback…

This farce, along with every other plan, scheme or project that is thought up by anybody who wears a suit for a living is a poorly thought out, poorly executed crock of ■■■■.

The only surprise is that we are surprised.

I sometimes sit at home watching trucks and buses on youtube etc.This time does not count for my DCPC.I went to a training establishment and watched self same footage and it counted for my DCPC.The thing is just a scam.