Dcpc DSA response

i’ve had a reply from the DSA regarding dodgy info from dcpc trainers.
if you’ve been given duff info, then post a brief account of it and as much detail regarding who the trainer was, the name of the organisation, and how much you paid.

this is what the reply.

Thank you for your message, which has been sent on to me for a reply.

The Driving Standards Agency (DSA) takes seriously all complaints regarding Driver CPC periodic training provision, and would be very interested to receive the collated list of trainers and concerns you are assembling. Quality assurance is a very important area and DSA is keen to address poor quality courses.

Driver CPC is a requirement arising from an EU Directive. Neither the Driving Standards Agency, nor any other body I am aware of within the UK, can choose to ignore or refuse to implement an EU Directive. You may, therefore, wish to take this matter up with your EU Member of Parliament.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you wish to discuss the matter. My telephone number is 0115 936 6241.

Kind regards,

Tim Harris | Post Test Operations Support Officer
Driving Standards Agency | Post Test Operations

Telephone: 0115 936 6241
Email: tim.harris@dsa.gsi.gov.uk

Maybe he shouldn’t have given the phone number for you to post on here? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

streaky:
Maybe he shouldn’t have given the phone number for you to post on here? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

It’s the work phone number of a public employee. There’s no reason he should hide it.

wilbur:

streaky:

It’s the work phone number of a public employee. There’s no reason he should hide it.

I meant he may have a few calls now? I thank you. :grimacing:

streaky:

he’ll be working for his final salary pension. :laughing:
or they’ll have to pay him off due to the enevitable post traumatic trucknetuk mental instability syndrome. :laughing:

limeyphil:
i’ve had a reply from the DSA regarding dodgy info from dcpc trainers.
if you’ve been given duff info, then post a brief account of it and as much detail regarding who the trainer was, the name of the organisation, and how much you paid.

this is what the reply.

Thank you for your message, which has been sent on to me for a reply.

The Driving Standards Agency (DSA) takes seriously all complaints regarding Driver CPC periodic training provision, and would be very interested to receive the collated list of trainers and concerns you are assembling. Quality assurance is a very important area and DSA is keen to address poor quality courses.

Driver CPC is a requirement arising from an EU Directive. Neither the Driving Standards Agency, nor any other body I am aware of within the UK, can choose to ignore or refuse to implement an EU Directive. You may, therefore, wish to take this matter up with your EU Member of Parliament.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you wish to discuss the matter. My telephone number is 0115 936 6241.

Kind regards,

Tim Harris | Post Test Operations Support Officer
Driving Standards Agency | Post Test Operations

Telephone: 0115 936 6241
Email: tim.harris@dsa.gsi.gov.uk

So no one in UK can refuse an EU directive■■? Seems that the MPS can always pick and choose which legislation they always want to put in place. Clown Cameron was on TV other month disputing some new EU rulings that they were going to choose to ignore!!!