DCPC DQC expiry dates and training times

When a DQC (driver cpc card) is issued it will have an expiry date on it.

All periodic dcpc training must be done within the 5 years prior to that expiry date for it to count

Many holding both PCV & LGV will get the 35 hours completed by 09/09/2013 and get a DQC issued with both LGV & PCV expiry dated 09/09/2019. Any further dcpc training done before 10/09/2014 will not count

ROG:

All periodic dcpc training must be done within the 5 years prior to that expiry date for it to count

Many holding both PCV & LGV will get the 35 hours completed by 09/09/2013 and get a DQC issued with both LGV & PCV expiry dated 09/09/2019. Any further dcpc training done before 10/09/2014 will not count

Are you sure about that ?

I would have thought that the expiry date in those circumstances would be 09/09/2018 when the DCPC for PSV vehicles expires.

I’m not saying you’re wrong, just what I would have expected to happen.

OK. So I have a Drivers CPC card here.

My Passenger carrying capabilities are rated until 22.10.2013.
My Haulage carrying capabilities are rated until 09.09.2014.

I have 3 receipts stating I carried out my required training with PCV related vehicles for 3 seperate years. Assuming I have another 2 on LGVs, can I use those three to go towards my LGV CPC?

I have been told by two different organisations that I can (one was a trainer).

Doing a bit of searching brings up a MS Word Document on the DSA site.

Driver CPC at DSA.GOV

DSA Document, Linked Above:
If a driver already holds an initial CPC for one LGV category (e.g. rigid lorry Category C), will that person need another CPC to drive another LGV Category (e.g. articulated lorry Category C+E)?
No. (This will not affect the requirement to pass the relevant driving licence acquisition test for the additional category.)

If a driver already holds an initial CPC for one PCV category (e.g. minibus sub-Category D1), will that person need another CPC to drive another PCV Category (e.g. full-sized coach Category D)?
No. (This will not affect the requirement to pass the relevant driving licence acquisition test for the additional category.)

and further down it clarifies things, for me at least.

DSA Document, Linked Above:
As a holder of both LGV and PCV licences will I need to do two sets of periodic training or will one set of training cover both aspects of my licence?
No, in these circumstances a driver will only be required to undertake a single cycle of 35 hour periodic training every 5 years to maintain their CPC status.

So it seems I’m probably OK and In The Clear for that one. It doesn’t say that I can mix my training days though :unamused: :unamused: I think it would be pushing it a bit though for them to have included it :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

tachograph:

ROG:

Are you sure about that ?

I would have thought that the expiry date in those circumstances would be 09/09/2018 when the DCPC for PSV vehicles expires.

I’m not saying you’re wrong, just what I would have expected to happen.

Positive that it is correct

The DSA realised in hindsight that having two different expiry dates for those that have both LGV & PCV will cause problems with drivers trying to work out when exactly when they should do the 35 hours to cover both dates so they devised a way af aligning them

This meant either losing time from one category or giving extra free time to the other

Apparently the first goes against the EU directive

As an aside, they have had to rethink the way they do it three times where a second category is added and we now have this method (until they change their minds again!!) - this is the DSA… :laughing:
1st category expires 09/09/2014 (could be LGV aquired rights or PCV passed on 10/09/2009)
2nd category passed 22/10/11
DQC issued with 2 expiry dates - 09/09/2014 for 1st & 21/10/2016 for 2nd
35 hours of dcpc completed before 09/09/2014
New DQC issued - now with both expiry dates at 21/10/2021 which is 5 years from the latest expiry date on the previous DQC

This now means that any further dcpc training will not count until 22/10/2016

There is a new government web site were you can voice your opinions on all matters regarding red tape in the transport industry including the pathetic driver CPC!
Take a look at the link below

redtapechallenge.cabinetoffi … ment-18199