dCPC Done..Thanks CTT Wolves

Just a little plug for CTT wolverhampton who I completed my CPC course with last week.

35 hours all in one week and a massive thumbs up to trainer/teacher (Bob) who knew his stuff and made the course’s not only informative but also enjoyable with a lot of in class participation. A good bunch of lads as well so some great laughs and banter mixed into it as well.

Certificate e-mailed to me after each day and 3 days later my shiny new DQC card arrived in the post, which I am now wearing round my neck with pride.
Courses fully booked I think up to late September but anyone in the West Mids give them a call on the off chance. Oh and yes I learnt a lot.

Out of the 35 hours - how many hours were useful to you?

Did my licenses with them years ago. They were good then as well. Is Bob the ex car transporter OD?

ROG:
Out of the 35 hours - how many hours were useful to you?

To be fair, a lot was stuff I knew (perhaps 70%) and just relearning, but apart from a bit on euro driving that was tough going (but may still come in handy) all of it was useful and not to painful.

The strange thing is what we think we know and what we actually know are very different and even to articulate into words can be difficult.

Although as I paid for myself I had to particiapte and make the most of it other wise its just daft. I know the dCPC is considered by some as a joke and another futile EU exercise the UK drops its ■■■■■■■ for and its possible to do the same course 5 times (how stupid would you have to be to do this) but mine also included emergency first aid which in itself makes the whole thing worthwhile.

kjw21:
Did my licenses with them years ago. They were good then as well. Is Bob the ex car transporter OD?

Yep, thats the one - great bloke with some interesting stories to tell.

Good to read a positive DCPC thread for a change…we can all learn & try to get something out of the 35 hours training. It ain’t going to change the world overnight but generally I see it as a good system with a few issues that need addressing!!! A lot of the critics can and do learn things on their DCPC Periodic Training. Very few people know everything about LGV/PCV driving. Some say they do, but not many actually do!!!

They may be good for the 35 hour cpc but I’d tell anyone to steer clear for initial driver cpc training. Waste of time. They got me through my class 2 then messed me about with my cpc. I went for class one elsewhere and found their training much better. Just my opinion.