DCPC dilemma

Im newly qualified having passed class 2 last Friday.

I’ve just emailed DVSA to obtain confirmation as to whether I hold grandad rights - I have a C1 from 1993 with no restrictions.

My dilemma however relates to cpc. It appears that for not much more than the cost of the cpc course, I could do the 5 day adr course and obtain 28 hours towards the 35 hours required for the driver cpc card.

As a newly qualified driver, whilst the adr lasts 5 years, is it worth bagging this now, or saving the little extra cash and just doing the basic driver cpc which covers driver hours and tacho’s etc.

I do have an interest in adr, and further down the line want to get involved with fuels etc so I wouldn’t be doing it for the sake of value alone.

Maybe this helps:

Book your C or CE with us and we’ll stand a retest if you’re unlucky first time around. That includes test fee, use of vehicle and VAT. (Normal value £300). You will still get your normal 10% Trucknet user discount.

Offers don’t run for long - so if you want it, book it. £150 secures the course (£300 secures C and CE). You can take the course anytime you like during 2017 and pay the balance a couple of weeks before you start.

Simply call the office 01623 555661 during office hours to get it sorted. The offer will be withdrawn at any time.

Anyone wanting ADR - - book sharpish for £300 ALL IN! (Offer will be withdrawn at any time). Call the office and make your reservation.

Good luck all, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Probably the best offer out there at the moment. Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I was on the first ADR run by PSTT and it was great! Its a great way of getting 28 hours in. Get the last 7 hours in on a Tacho course.

Here’s an overview of the course mate: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=128053

Edit: And so Diesel Dave doesn’t feel left out, here’s an thread of his: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=23162

I’ve just done my ADR to ‘cover’ / go towards 28hrs of my CPC.

I left the job before the CPC thing kicked off, so I now need the 35 hours before I can turn a wheel again.

So I look at it as, I’m getting ‘2 for 1’.

For not much more that the cost of the CPC on it’s own, I’m getting the ADR thrown in too…

And it’ll hopefully look good on your CV too…

If you were any nearer Pete I’d have booked already at that price. It’s a minimum of £190 cheaper than other quotes I’ve had. I need to wait the response from the DVSA to see if I do indeed hold stinky grandad rights.

Hades3000:
If you were any nearer Pete I’d have booked already at that price. It’s a minimum of £190 cheaper than other quotes I’ve had. I need to wait the response from the DVSA to see if I do indeed hold stinky grandad rights.

You’ll have Werther’s originals rights mate, as you passed your car licence before 1997.

I was told, even if you do ‘currently hold’ granddad rights, you can keep the hours for the ‘renewal time’…

Either way, I still have to obtain the driver card. Which is the best route is the question.

Hades3000:
Either way, I still have to obtain the driver card. Which is the best route is the question.

If you need the card then do module 2 and 4. You could do them in a day.

So I have received confirmation that I do hold stinky rights and can therefore acquire the driver card via periodic training. Anyone know a quick route to 35 hours :slight_smile:

Hades3000:
So I have received confirmation that I do hold stinky rights and can therefore acquire the driver card via periodic training. Anyone know a quick route to 35 hours :slight_smile:

What are you asking?

Is there a trainer on an open forum who’s prepared to credit me with 35 hours instead of me doing 5 days of classroom training? :open_mouth:

Dear god …wouldn’t dream of such dirty tactics :open_mouth: