Dcpc deadline - today or 1 year away

Today (Tuesday 10 September 2013) is the deadline for many bus and
coach drivers to have completed their first block of periodic training.

Existing drivers were given ‘acquired rights’ which took their previous
experience into account. This meant they didn’t have to take the initial
qualification but had 5 years in which to complete their first block of
35 hours periodic training.

VOSA officers already check the Driver CPC status of drivers.
From today, VOSA will check whether ‘acquired rights’ coach
drivers have a Driver Qualification Card (DQC) or are driving illegally.

The latest statistics show that 242,000 drivers have now been
issued with a DQC. They also show that 662,000 have started
doing some periodic training.

Deadline for lorry drivers:
You have ONE YEAR, until 10 September 2014, to finish your
training if you’re a lorry driver with acquired rights. You risk
being fined and even losing your livelihood if you don’t
complete your training by the deadline.

Are the stats for drivers who hold a LGV licence or for drivers who are driving LGVs for a job ?

ROG:
Are the stats for drivers who hold a LGV licence or
for drivers who are driving LGVs for a job ?

They are stats released by the Driving Standards Agency today, based on
cards issued and Driver CPC courses started.

How can they tell if a Driver is driving for a job or not?
Nobody has ever asked me if I’m doing a driving job or not.

Dieseldoforme:

ROG:
Are the stats for drivers who hold a LGV licence or
for drivers who are driving LGVs for a job ?

They are stats released by the Driving Standards Agency today, based on
cards issued and Driver CPC courses started.

How can they tell if a Driver is driving for a job or not?

Thats my point - there could be X amount LGV licence holders including those with pre 1997 C1s but only a percentage actually needing dcpc

This makes a mockery of those statements that say so many percent have not got dcpc

ROG:
Thats my point - there could be X amount LGV licence holders including those with pre 1997 C1s but only a percentage actually needing dcpc

This makes a mockery of those statements that say so many percent have not got dcpc

I don’t think that we will know the true picture until one year today.

I think there are a lot of Bullshotters who are saying one thing and
attending class on the quiet !

I just hope that this crap is not repeated after 2019.

Dieseldoforme:
I just hope that this crap is not repeated after 2019.

As it is renewable every 5 years then I bet this comes around again

How exactly does the DCPC time frame work? I know its a 5 yearly thing but does your 5 years start from the day you complete your 35 hours training or is it on fixed periods?
My dad already had his ADR licence from a few years back and after completing two seven hour courses he received a DQC in the post, despite being booked on a further 3 course in the comings weeks/months. So it would seem that his previously held ADR counted as 21 hours and upon completing 14 more hours his DQC was automatically generated and sent out. Now, his card says it expires in 2019 which is 6 years from now, but 5 years from the start of the DCPC deadline so I’m presuming that all DCPC’s for those with acquired rights will run on fixed 5 year intervals, 2014/2019/2024 and so on, and not not for example 2017 if you completed 35 hours in 2012 and then 5 yearly intervals from then. If my dads company were to still send him for the additional two days that he now apparently does not need, will that count towards his next DCPC or to count towards that, would the training need to take place between September 2014 and September 2019? He’ll no doubt be retired by 2019 as he’s 63 now but just wondering out of curiosity at how the whole thing works.

Dieseldoforme:

By the way are you driving for a living ?

robinhood_1984:
How exactly does the DCPC time frame work? I know its a 5 yearly thing but does your 5 years start from the day you complete your 35 hours training or is it on fixed periods?

The drivers gets 5 years dcpc either because they passed initial mods 2 + 4 or because the have aquired rights

Berfore that 5 years dealine is up the driver must have completed 35 hours of periodic dcpc if they wish to continue driving commercially

On completion of the 35 hours five more years is added to the current expiry date

Training will only count if done within 5 years of the current expiry date listed on a DQC - driver cpc card - whether that be a real DQC or a ghost one because of aquired rights

ROG:
The drivers gets 5 years dcpc either because they passed initial mods 2 + 4 or because the have aquired rights

Berfore that 5 years dealine is up the driver must have completed 35 hours of periodic dcpc if they wish to continue driving commercially

On completion of the 35 hours five more years is added to the current expiry date

Training will only count if done within 5 years of the current expiry date listed on a DQC - driver cpc card - whether that be a real DQC or a ghost one because of aquired rights

Thanks. So in that case everyone who initially had acquired rights to start with, will from here on in all have DCPC’s that expire on exactly the same date, ie September 2014/2019/2024/2029 etc etc and only those who were new starters after the introduction of the DCPC will have differing expiry dates?

So in that case everyone who initially had acquired rights to start with, will from here on in all have DCPC’s that expire on exactly the same date, ie September 2014/2019/2024/2029 etc etc

That’s correct. The easy way to deal with the cpc is just to do one day each year. That saves the hassle that many are now putting themselves through by doing it all in a week.

And more newly qualified drivers will have differing dates according to when they passed their test and initial qualification driver cpc.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
That’s correct. The easy way to deal with the cpc is just to do one day each year. That saves the hassle that many are now putting themselves through by doing it all in a week.

And more newly qualified drivers will have differing dates according to when they passed their test and initial qualification driver cpc.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks.

I’m a bus driver.

No cpc card=no work.