Dcpc cards eastern block drivers

well here we go again pls help my brain lol just had a chat with a polish lad who lives on the same road as me i was on my drive washing the mrs car this arfternoon when this lad came upto me and ask if i can give him an update on weather he needs to have a dcpc card or not he lives in the uk on a polish licence but has a uk counterpart paper one with his uk address on it he does a lot of agency work and no one seems to give him a stright answer i did hear that they have some form of code on thiers but hay ive got no idea all i know i got mine but i did say that i will try and get some info about it before i shipp out tommorrow for 3 weeks piont to note never bring the unit home so everyone knows what you do :wink: :wink:

I believe Poland has the same date as us for acquired rights so he will need code 95 I think next to his LGV categories

If he gets 35 hours in the uk then he will need to use a special form if he has a non uk licence

gov.uk/driver-certificate-o … ce-holders

thanks rog i will tell him later when ill take the dog for a walk :smiley:

I’ve had exactly the same question from a Polish driver called in to see me.

He too had a Polish licence and UK counterpart with a UK licence number showing no code 95 for DCPC (which is how Poland record DCPC). I also noticed his C and CE had no expiry dates !!!

I said he didn’t have a CPC the UK would recognise and advised he exchange his licence for a UK licence then attend 35 hours.

He then produced a certificate dated 2007 he claimed was a ‘life long CPC’ in Poland having cost him 1000 Euro.

I scanned the lot and sent it to the DSA. Answer was - anything issued before 09/2009 is not recognised. He can attend 35 hours by September, complete form DQC1 and send it to DSA with his DCPC certificates and they will issue a DQC. Or exchange his licence for UK licence then attend DCPC like anyone else.

So the way I see it is no code 95 on the licence means no DCPC

shep532:

He too had a Polish licence and UK counterpart with a UK licence number showing no code 95 for DCPC (which is how Poland record DCPC). I also noticed his C and CE had no expiry dates !!!

I said he didn’t have a CPC the UK would recognise and advised he exchange his licence for a UK licence then attend 35 hours.

He then produced a certificate dated 2007 he claimed was a ‘life long CPC’ in Poland having cost him 1000 Euro.

I scanned the lot and sent it to the DSA. Answer was - anything issued before 09/2009 is not recognised. He can attend 35 hours by Septembe8r, complete form DQC1 and send it to DSA with his DCPC certificates and they will issue a DQC. Or exchange his licence for UK licence then attend DCPC like anyone else.

I think there’s a clause somewhere that if your reg in the uk you must have attended at least I session in the UK .

shep532:

Show him this. All Polish drivers have to complete their periodic training by 12.9.2014. As he now lives and works in the UK he will have to do it here (Art 2.9 in link)

http://ec.europa.eu/transport/road_safety/pdf/professional_drivers/report_on_periodic_training_of_professional_drivers_en.pdf

nick2008:

shep532:

I scanned the lot and sent it to the DSA. Answer was - anything issued before 09/2009 is not recognised. He can attend 35 hours by Septembe8r, complete form DQC1 and send it to DSA with his DCPC certificates and they will issue a DQC. Or exchange his licence for UK licence then attend DCPC like anyone else.

I think there’s a clause somewhere that if your reg in the uk you must have attended at least I session in the UK .

yes i red that on the web site the way i see it is if you work for a uk company and have a uk counter part you must have done at lest one day from a uk trainning company when you apply for your dcpc card with your previos records

shep532:

I scanned the lot and sent it to the DSA. Answer was - anything issued before 09/2009 is not recognised. He can attend 35 hours by September, complete form DQC1 and send it to DSA with his DCPC certificates and they will issue a DQC. Or exchange his licence for UK licence then attend DCPC like anyone else.

surly if his lgv licence has no exp date on it it cant be a real one■■? cos he seems to have brought his dcpc card on the qt as like ours it runs out on your 45 birthday until you get a medical done