DCPC £30+ upload =£38.50

Byrnetraining (Birmingham) is offering a 7 hour dcpc module for £30 +upload fee of £8.50 totaling £38.50. This was advertized in the trucklocator magazine last week (14th-20th July). I phoned them to confirm this and was told that they would do deals depending on how many people wanted training.

This is the lowest I have found yet and I believe as the deadline for the dcpc draws near prices for courses will in fact plummet as the 900 or so providers compete and ■■■■■ prices.

As there is little or no validation of up loads unscrupulous trainers will do deals with employers to get the work- details will be uploaded where courses have never even taken place.

I challenge anyone to deny this will not happen under the present system.

Their website says the DCPC course is “£50 per module (inclusive of DSA upload fee)” so presumably the £38.50 is the price for group bookings not single bookings.

Still £50 is still less than some training companies are charging, and I agree that prices may fall as 2014 gets closer.

I don’t see the prices rocketing at all as 2014 draws closer; the exact opposite in fact. The market’s flooded with trainers/courses even now, hence why we’re seeing the prices drop so much as they all fight for a piece of the cake. Imagine how many people will be doing it (trainers) in a few years time. You’ll just phone each one up, tell them you’ve just spoke to x who can do it for £y, can you beat it? Oh yes I’m sure we can do something… and then just keep playing them off against each other.

Rob K:
I don’t see the prices rocketing at all as 2014 draws closer

I think for the most part only training companies are saying prices will rise closer to 2014 :wink:

Banquo:
Byrnetraining (Birmingham) is offering a 7 hour dcpc module for £30 +upload fee of £8.50 totaling £38.50. This was advertized in the trucklocator magazine last week (14th-20th July). I phoned them to confirm this and was told that they would do deals depending on how many people wanted training.

This is the lowest I have found yet and I believe as the deadline for the dcpc draws near prices for courses will in fact plummet as the 900 or so providers compete and ■■■■■ prices.

As there is little or no validation of up loads unscrupulous trainers will do deals with employers to get the work- details will be uploaded where courses have never even taken place.

I challenge anyone to deny this will not happen under the present system.

Nowt wrong with that at all, i would gladly just hand over a sum of cash in return for the said DCPC card without attending any classroom nonsense and loosing money at the same time too & the cheaper it is the better for us lowly overworked underpaid & undervalued drivers