Dazed and Confused

Hello Gents although I do not know why I am being so polite.As I said a couple of days ago I have been observing this forum for quite some time and now realise why I was advised not to post.

Since my first post I have been met with a barrage of hostility abuse and downright childishness.My intention was to discuss autonomous vehicles and their progress and possibly give you some valuable information.However after some of the replies I have received I feel no urge to give any details on this subject.

Some of you seem to have a problem with being given info about your industry.I have noticed this frequently reading previous threads.I would say I am fairly clued up on lorry driving in most respects.When I first drove a lorry it had no power steering no synchro gearbox and a short single axle trailer.Since then I suppose I have driven most vehicles right up to todays autos.
As I have said it is not my main profession but I have worked many a weekend for various companies as I enjoy driving trucks.
I hate the though of autonomous vehicles in one way which is really ironic considering that is what I am heavily involved in.

My grudge is with drivers who show no respect for others safety on the roads.Cars, lorries and buses all have their fair share of
very bad drivers and it only seems to be getting worse hence why humans will not be allowed to fully control vehicles in the near future.We have proved time and time again how bad we are but most just carry on oblivious to the fact they could be or cause the next statisitc.

Going back to some of the responses I was told that I must think I am better than the average truck driver.I do not think that.
I know I am better but really that is not hard when you look at drivers on the road.
They are arrogant,ignorant aggressive and downright dangerous a lot of the time.My 19 year old daughter drives an artic regularly and I can honestly say she is 10 times better than most on the road who have far more experience.It was not her chosen career but a medical problem prevented her doing what she really wanted.She is in the RAF.

Then I was told how I was a disgrace for being on this thread because people had died.Well in my very first post I gave my condolences to all involved.As I said my grudge is with the drivers that cause these horrendous accidents and NOT with the victims.
One driver has already been found guilty and the other has been charged.The poor third driver has lost his life probably because of driver error and it happens far too often in my book.Most drivers show little courtesy,are very aggressive and selfish.
Elephant racing by trucks causes huge problems for others but day in day out these selfish drivers carry on probably blaming the speed limiter or the other driver for their selfishness.Day in we cars lorries and others traveling far too close to each other but it never changes bacause these drivers are too stupid and ignorant to realise they are the problem and probably one of the next statistics when it all goes wrong.

I will go now and probably will not visit this site again as there seem to be very few with anything worth bringing to the table.

See ya. …bye now.
Don’t forget to shut the door on your way out. :bulb:

Since you’re not going to visit this forum again, I’ll not waste my time replying to your post.

Oh, ■■■■!

Give this guy some credit here, he’s excelled and left his mark.
15 posts on only two threads…but:.

Called everybody on here ■■■■ useless and incompetent.

Slagged the entire UK haulage industry off.

Told us how superior he is to the rest of us (sounds a bit familiar does that :bulb: )

Told us how superior his 19yr old daughter is, at driving, to the rest of us.

Finishing off with his piece de resistance with not one…but TWO :open_mouth: …Diva mince offs. :sunglasses:

Trucknet Legend :sunglasses: …how we’ll.all miss him…not. :unamused:

Ok bye bye now only joined less than a week ago and already going must be a record.Also has been observing for quite sometime wonder what his other username is then.

Watch out for that door [emoji376] it hurts when it hits you in the back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dr Damon:
My grudge is with drivers who show no respect for others safety on the roads.Cars, lorries and buses all have their fair share of
very bad drivers and it only seems to be getting worse hence why humans will not be allowed to fully control vehicles in the near future.We have proved time and time again how bad we are but most just carry on oblivious to the fact they could be or cause the next statisitc.

I don’t think anyone has said that we are all perfect drivers but with an increasing numbers of vehicles on the road, the trend in road deaths has been declining. Not all of which can be attributed to safer manufacture/airbags etc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reported_ … _Roads.png

And these figures show that the UK is one of the safest places in the world regarding road deaths
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_c … death_rate

So where is your evidence ? or is it just your opinion ? If it’s the latter then why should we pay you anymore attention than anyone else with a “grudge” ?

Maybe some hairy asked truck driver was spending “quality time” with your wife (or boyfriend, got to be inclusive these day’s) while you were observing everyone else’s driving habits, in which case I can understand why you have issues :smiley:

joeyd:

Dr Damon:

I don’t think anyone has said that we are all perfect drivers but with an increasing numbers of vehicles on the road, the trend in road deaths has been declining. Not all of which can be attributed to safer manufacture/airbags etc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reported_ … _Roads.png

And these figures show that the UK is one of the safest places in the world regarding road deaths
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_c … death_rate

So where is your evidence ? or is it just your opinion ? If it’s the latter then why should we pay you anymore attention than anyone else with a “grudge” ?

Maybe some hairy asked truck driver was spending “quality time” with your wife (or boyfriend, got to be inclusive these day’s) while you were observing everyone else’s driving habits, in which case I can understand why you have issues :smiley:

I reckon he’s a cyclists no wonder he hates us all

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Oh well see ya then i personally think that you have never been a driver but hey ho its just my opinion,the same as you are entitled to yours just a shame you came on with a crap attitude or it might have worked out for you !

Quote- One driver has been found guilty and the other has been charged.

Oh really, pyschic as well are you

Regards

Pat.

peeej48:
Quote- One driver has been found guilty and the other has been charged.

Oh really, pyschic as well are you

Regards

Pat.

Probably a time traveler sent back from the future to help trucking kind.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

and the name of the next victim is■■?

Right I’ve just fine tooth combed his posts on that thread.

You know what this latest flounce from a newbie was about?

Someone posted a picture of popcorn

Someone posted a picture of some newsreaders

Someone posted a sensible reply and Damon told them to stop talking nonsense.

That was it. Literally - it. Is trucknet being trolled by flouncers or is this really turning into snowflakenet? Honestly at a loss. No one was rude to him. Seems the latest thing is you get some hothead joining. Likes to throw weight around using weighty opinion and at the first sparrow ■■■■ of someone disagreeing or using any differing opinion or bantering they throws a strop. Nice :laughing:

To be serious for a minute.
There’s nothing wrong with a knowledgable educated guy coming on here with good subjects for discussion and opinions, which usually generates some good threads for debate, which is a vast improvement on the likes of… ‘‘Which ■■■■ sat nav’’ type of crap :unamused: … which is prevalent on here.

However no matter how educated or knowledgable, the rot sets in when the patronising attitude comes, that a lot these guys bring to the table, it just causes hostility and gets under people’s skin.

dieseldog999:

You are a clever lot summing up my post extremely well with your childish ignorant replies.
Let me reply to a few with pleasure…

robroy if you think the RHA is doing well and we have a high standard of drivers you are one deluded fella.

colin-scottish you sum up the average truck driver brilliantly.

joeyd Where is my evidence…doh…are you blind? The evidence is in accidents like the one a few days ago and the many others where we see lorries ploughing into the back of other vehicles amongst other things.
Also I see it with my own eyes almost everyday on the road I see aggression and accidents waiting to happen.Drive round the M25 at anytime and tell me we are the best drivers!
If you believe these statistics you have a lot to learn fella.

Duffman that is your prerogative but I can assure you it is true.You say I came on with a bad attitude? Try reading my first post again sunshine and explain the bad attitude please.

Pat what the hell is pyschic? Dear oh dear.

DD999 Sorry but unfortunately I am not psychic!

I know the truth hurts sometimes but the more astute amongst you will know what I say is very true.

Damon.

You just can’t help yourself can you here you are coming on acting the Knob again with your crap attitude,anyway keep lucky Sunshine.

Dr Damon - You sum up the usual newbies. Come on giving it the big un about how wonderful they are, call everyone names (selfish, idiots, useless etc) then decide everyones childish for giving you it back. Maybe if youd been a bit more subtle (and dare I say, believable) from the start then you might have gotten taken seriously instead of giving it the big I am and looking down your nose at everyone. If youre going to push buttons, dont throw a hissy fit when you push one that gets a reaction
And in another wonderful cliche, you announced you were done with the forum then came back an hour later to respond

I’ve not been a user of this forum for long but I can’t really agree with Damon. Like any forum it has those members who are a bit coarse with their language, it has its trolls and and know it alls. But generally I’ve experienced amusing banter and when I’ve asked a serious question I’ve been met with decent helpful replies.

Maybe because I’m a regular forum/reddit user I’m used to the idiots and filter that out, dunno.

In anyway case, if trucknet is that bad, instead of running away from it. Why not stick around and try to raise the bar?

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Ahh, the stereotypical internet flounce…

“I’m never coming back here again”

Next day… looks who’s back.

Either stay and contribute or ■■■■ off.

Dr Damon:

dieseldog999:

You are a clever lot summing up my post extremely well with your childish ignorant replies.
Let me reply to a few with pleasure…

robroy if you think the RHA is doing well and we have a high standard of drivers you are one deluded fella.

colin-scottish you sum up the average truck driver brilliantly.

joeyd Where is my evidence…doh…are you blind? The evidence is in accidents like the one a few days ago and the many others where we see lorries ploughing into the back of other vehicles amongst other things.
Also I see it with my own eyes almost everyday on the road I see aggression and accidents waiting to happen.Drive round the M25 at anytime and tell me we are the best drivers!
If you believe these statistics you have a lot to learn fella.

Duffman that is your prerogative but I can assure you it is true.You say I came on with a bad attitude? Try reading my first post again sunshine and explain the bad attitude please.

Pat what the hell is pyschic? Dear oh dear.

DD999 Sorry but unfortunately I am not psychic!

I know the truth hurts sometimes but the more astute amongst you will know what I say is very true.

Damon.

:open_mouth: Funny that, I thought you’d decided not to come back on here !!
You need some work on your flouncing off technique mate. :laughing: :laughing:

So…where did I even mention the RHA ? :open_mouth:
Or for that matter say that I thought we had a high standard among drivers.
For the record I’ve often commented on the dropping of standards among drivers over the years.
I would have responded to you, but it was your condescending smart arse attitude towards everybody that put me off doing so. :bulb: