DAY XF 95 Astron fault

Good Morning Fellow truckers
Hope some one has had the same problem as me and can advise. I have a Daf XF 95 with astronic gearbox. It has the following problems
1 it will not work in auto only manual
2 when I engage 3 low and then select neutral the whole truck leaps forward.

When I select 1 low and then select neutral it does not leap
When I select 1 2 3 reverse low it does not leap forward.
The transmission warning light is in yellow and not red.
I have changed clutch plate pressure plate and servo
I have tried to use a tower from another truck
I have used a DNR from another truck.
I am now thinking that it is an internal fault in the gearbox but I am also not sure if the problem can lay within the harness.
Could anyone she’d some light on this
Thanks in advance
Safe trucking

zamboy:
Good Morning Fellow truckers
Hope some one has had the same problem as me and can advise. I have a Daf XF 95 with astronic gearbox. It has the following problems
1 it will not work in auto only manual
2 when I engage 3 low and then select neutral the whole truck leaps forward.

When I select 1 low and then select neutral it does not leap
When I select 1 2 3 reverse low it does not leap forward.
The transmission warning light is in yellow and not red.
I have changed clutch plate pressure plate and servo
I have tried to use a tower from another truck
I have used a DNR from another truck.
I am now thinking that it is an internal fault in the gearbox but I am also not sure if the problem can lay within the harness.
Could anyone she’d some light on this
Thanks in advance
Safe trucking

It sounds like an old vehicle and it may be internal ,but before throwing more money at it ,get the fault code read …or if you have another unit available swap boxes ,would take a couple of hours and would help you narrow it down ,there is also an e module behind the dash at the fuse box area

Im sure we had to learn a new servo on a 2012 85 recently, which we have never had to do before.

Trickydick:
Im sure we had to learn a new servo on a 2012 85 recently, which we have never had to do before.

if you mean the booster as in the clutch actuator ,it is plug and play …only the lid on the gearbox requires programming

norb:

Trickydick:

if you mean the booster as in the clutch actuator ,it is plug and play …only the lid on the gearbox requires programming

If you’ve changed the clutch actuator then get a dealer to calibrate it but I suspect it is water in the loom

norb:

Trickydick:

Yes that what we always did/thought and both of us worked for Daf for many years and never had to do this before, in fact Ive not seen it as an option on Davie but this time we were using Texa.

We used to replace at least 5/6 per clutches week (so many in fact the record for XF105 clutch replacement and driving out the door was 1 hr 15mins) and as Astronic became more popular this went down to approx 1 per week over the whole shift of 5 blokes.
Now when I remove a box the clutch can still be perfectly serviceable with over 800k on the clock, but they get us to change it anyway.

There is no calibration for the booster it is plug and play ,if you have paid for calibration you have been ripped off