Uncleskid:
Nah he wants to drive car transporters :smiley: :smiley:

…and? What am I missing here?

stu675:

Uncleskid:

trucknetuk.com/phpBB/viewto … 5#p2876200

The, admittedly few, interviews I’ve had have all been for tramping roles… and the interviewers spent most of the interview trying to put me off tramping/telling me its not for new drivers. :unamused:

I’ve spent enough time being a day driver to know Im sick of it :unamused: getting up stupid’o’clock to commute in, spend the whole day trying to cram in far too much work, get back late and still have to empty the back out, get home and have just enough time to scoff something down before going to bed because you gotta get up at stupid’o’clock again the next day. I might have no experience tramping but I cant imagine it being worse than day driving!

Uncleskid:

stu675:

Uncleskid:

trucknetuk.com/phpBB/viewto … 5#p2876200

When I read his car transporter thread,I immediately thought, is this the guy that couldn’t figure out how to work a pump truck.

trucknetuk.com/phpBB/viewto … p#p2816354

stu675:

robroy:

stu675:

robroy:
by shaving about 2 to 3 hours off it. :smiling_imp: (and consequently getting paid 2 to 3 hours less .)

Is that per day that you drag out your work by?

Errr Aye, If you like,.whatever.

2 ends of the spectrum in a way of doing this job my old mate…

Doing a multi drop job delivering many different types of parts and numbered components, of sectioned buildings to each customer by…
A…Stringently checking, making sure you leave the right parts and numbers to the right person, and doing the job,.and running between the drops,.usually small farms on unsuitable roads, in a safe professional manner,.and taking proper legal breaks in between.
Nothing worse than getting all your drops off,.and having a couple of ‘bits’ left…which tbh never happens to me, BECAUSE I do the job as above.

Or.

B…Running like your arse is on fire tear arseing between drops, not checking stuff properly,.and not having time to stop for a ■■■■ in your stress laden day,.taking ‘‘breaks’’ whilst unloading,.and trying to impress your boss …who thinks no better of you what ever you do for him anyway. :neutral_face:

So I tend to go for the former rather than the latter which has worked for me so far.

But…
If you want to interpret that as ‘‘dragging the job out’’ that is your prerogative.
Maybe you should become a planner or transport manager,.I reckon you would fit in well. :smiley:

Thanks [emoji106] Glad you knew not to take offence from me. It’s all learning for me. [emoji3]

And why on earth would I take offence on such a passive non belligerent post basically accusing me of dragging my arse and ■■■■ ing about.
As if.

tierbirdy:
The, admittedly few, interviews I’ve had have all been for tramping roles… and the interviewers spent most of the interview trying to put me off tramping/telling me its not for new drivers. :unamused:

I’ve spent enough time being a day driver to know Im sick of it :unamused: getting up stupid’o’clock to commute in, spend the whole day trying to cram in far too much work, get back late and still have to empty the back out, get home and have just enough time to scoff something down before going to bed because you gotta get up at stupid’o’clock again the next day. I might have no experience tramping but I cant imagine it being worse than day driving!

My very first driving job was tramping,.(albeit on a Ford Transit pick up believe it or not,.) and I have done nothing else since.
On the other hand it depends how you go about it as to whether it is a good job/life, or a complete stressed out pain in the ■■■■ endurance test.

I did tramping for thirty-odd years but decided to move on to day work when I moved onto the narrowboat as leaving it for any length of time involves a fairly convoluted shut-down procedure. I enjoyed the long-haul trips away around Europe but never really liked doing nights-out in the UK and I can’t say I miss doing them. I don’t do very long hours on day work though, the four days I worked this week were 11, 8, 9 and 10.

I still sleep in a tin box though. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve averaged 10-10.5hrs this week, and despite starting at 8am I finished tonight at 6pm and home for 6:30pm

I eventually got back at 4pm from 6 this morning, but I spent about half an hour tonight leaving the cab interior even cleaner than I found it, seeing as I aint a complete ■■■■ and that is how I roll,… good manners and consideration towards the main driver of that truck who was on holiday, but starts back on it next week.

Some others should maybe take note. :bulb:
Just saying.

I tend to leave remarks in the comments section of my paperwork stating “Left as found, if not better”

peirre:
I tend to leave remarks in the comments section of my paperwork stating “Left as found, if not better”

My only problem with leaving the truck was this :blush:
The lad who drives it is about 5’ 6’’ and 9 stone wet through.
I used the truck first 2 days no probs,. 3rd day when I got in it for about 3rd time, I felt the step move, it must have had a crack in it and my 16 and a half stone was way too much for it.
Anyhoo reported it to fitter and left a note of apology to the driver. :unamused: :smiley: