Day in the life of an agy driver!

Well I took my camera with me today and thought I’d take some pic’s and do a little diary!

I took a whole 5 pictures and there all of the same truck, Mine!! :blush:

So I’ll write it out anyway and hope you enjoy! :slight_smile:

I started today at 0430 and after the usual banter I went to find the truck I did the usual checks and found no faults but other than scratches all over and a recently replaced wing!

Had a look in the back and suprise suprise the chilled pallet for the last drop (drop :sunglasses: was right on the back door, anyway It was only a small pallet so I thought I’d work round it!

So off I went on the way to the cornmill centre at Darlington my route was M602,M60,M62,M1, A1(m) etc I started to get a bit tired when I got on the A1 so I took the opertunity to stop here…

Not all that bad, they don’t do barms so had my bacon on bread and a brew for £2 so quite happy.

This guy looked a little lonley

Just him and me…

Anyway got to Darlington and my first drop, Costa coffee said on sheet delivery time 0710 now by the time i’d got the stuff out of the back it was 0715 so I expected them to be there!

NOPE rang the call centre they said Wait til 0730 then ring up transport and tell them your leaving! ok that’ll do me, so 0730 comes and noone there, rang transport and guess what just wait until 0800!! :imp:

Anyway at 0759 they turned up so i’m now running nearly an hour late so rushed round to the next drop which is a Pizza hut on the one way system but loading area is behind, pain in the arse to find but hey got there in the end!
2 pallets for them and then off to Darlington Travel Inn on the A66 No problems there the people are always nice here and always come out and help!!

So then I run upto the Metro centre at Newcastle drop 2 totes off at WH smith (costa coffee) and then it all starts going the shape of the pear!!..

Next 3 drops are in newcastle city centre and its now 1100 first one is two small pallets and the loading bay is a busy bus stop! If dirty looks could kill But in fairness to me it does have on the sign that loading by trucks is ok! Which I pointed out to a grumpy old biddy!!

Next drop is 2 pallets to Pizza hut in the new gates shopping centre but I get the notes mixed up and end up going to the one in the eldon shopping centre first!! After much messing about and a 45 I get onto the next one but on getting to the loading bay it only had a height indicator in meters (4.1m) and I only had my truck height in old money (13’4) so one of the security lads guided me in and told me it was ok backed onto the bay and got out and I was the closest to touching the roof i’ve ever been!!

spot my war wounds

bit close!!

After doing that drop set off to the last one which was the black bull brewers fayre in old shotton just near Peterlee off the A19!

Got a proper meal whilst here and that was it set off home A19, A1, M62, M60 and went the scenic route though Swinton and salford back to the depot at ordsall!

Well thats it apart from a cycle race going on down the A19 and having to dodge cyclists for about 20 miles a quite uneventful trip!

Hope you enjoyed will try and get more pics next time but hey thats the multi drop way … No time to stop!!

Some good photo’s and a good read. :wink: :wink:

Great read Super Dan and pic’s :smiley:

Good read and pic’s :smiley:

Super Dan:

Not all that bad, they don’t do barms so had my bacon on bread and a brew for £2 so quite happy.

I think you’ll find Rob K totally disagree’s with you on this one!!

Super Dan:
a cycle race going on down the A19 and having to dodge cyclists for about 20 miles

Well you keep dodging them - one day it might be me!! :wink: :wink:

Good read & pics!!

marcustandy:

Super Dan:

Correct :angry: . If you like to eat your over-priced poor-quality food with flies buzzing round your head and landing on your food and table while you’re trying to eat it, then yes it’s a good place to stop …

Nuff said I think :unamused: .

Memories… :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

I did 12 months with the Ordsall fitness centre :laughing: about six/seven years ago.

Its nice to see things haven’t changed that much, a lot of the smaller pubs have gone, but I believe they have expanded the Pizza Hut and Brewers Fayre Chains.

For those on RDC and Container work, this job is MULTI-DROP HANDBALL
The body is divded down the middle, Frozen on one side, chilled on the other. All loaded on nice blue pallets. Problem is nice blue pallets do not fit through standard rear doors to restaurant premises (there are exceptions to this rule). so pallets are broken down and either put on a hand truck or carried in. Frozen chips at the pubs and the frozen pizza dough bases are normally the largest quantity and heaviest boxes at most drops. It is part of your job to take the product into the area where the fridges and freezers are.

Oh well, I’ll keep my trap shut on Monday morning, when all I have to do is swap trailers at a delivery/collection point and winding the legs up and down is the most exhusting thing I’ll have to do all day.

Rob K:

marcustandy:

Super Dan:

Correct :angry: . If you like to eat your over-priced poor-quality food with flies buzzing round your head and landing on your food and table while you’re trying to eat it, then yes it’s a good place to stop …

Nuff said I think :unamused: .

Does this mean it don’t get a RobK seal of approval :question: :question: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Rob K:
Correct . If you like to eat your over-priced poor-quality food with flies buzzing round your head and landing on your food and table while you’re trying to eat it, then yes it’s a good place to stop …

Nuff said I think

Not saying it was the greatest place to eat far from it but it beats a esso service station sandwich as it was the only place open on a Sat @ 0530!!!

The coffee was ok as well 'cos you make it yourself!!

Super Dan:
Hope you enjoyed

:smiley: Yes! Did! Thanks!