Day in the life of a ferry trailer driver (diary)

toowise:

chester:
TESCO finest mash and Organic Rump steak, how middle class are you !! :open_mouth: :smiley:

Not with everyday sausage rolls he aint…pure working class / non working class cheapskate stuff. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Brillaint that genuinely made me laugh.

Cheers mate.

Was looking out for pictures in my firms yard as you load out of there. McGrath bros in Barking.

Now you’ve broken your duck, put some more up :wink:

Funny how your opinion of things change when you experience better conditions, you said that shower was pretty decent and a few years ago I would’ve agreed, but since I’ve been pampered so much with top class facilities in the past four years, I think that’s a nasty little shower :unamused:

Good diary !

Thanks

SD

i love cooking bacon in the cab. just so i can wind down the windows and ■■■■ off all those nearby that don’t have any bacon. :smiling_imp: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

newmercman:

Funny how your opinion of things change when you experience better conditions, you said that shower was pretty decent and a few years ago I would’ve agreed, but since I’ve been pampered so much with top class facilities in the past four years, I think that’s a nasty little shower :unamused:

What i liked about this shower was that the walls were free of excrement and it even had warm running water.

Are the facilitie that much better over there? Any pictures?

Nice one! Looking forwardto more :slight_smile:

Saaamon:

newmercman:

What i liked about this shower was that the walls were free of excrement and it even had warm running water.

I’ve been in Canada this week mate. They are a different league you get a bathroom with shower sink and toilet and fresh towels and cleaned after every user.

Saaamon, unfortunately I don’t have any pictures, but the showers here are in a different league. They are shower rooms, rather than just a shower stall. They’re probably about 6’ by 10’ with a toilet, sink and seating area with plenty of hooks to hang your clothes. The shower itself is like a wet room, it has a dividing wall separating it from the rest of the room. They also come with free towels and the whole thing is cleaned after each use. Another nice touch is that you can now pre book a shower on your phone by using the app for that particular truckstop chain :sunglasses:

Can’t get Yorkie Bars though :cry:

kr79:

Saaamon:

newmercman:

I’ve been in Canada this week mate. They are a different league you get a bathroom with shower sink and toilet and fresh towels and cleaned after every user.

newmercman:
Saaamon, unfortunately I don’t have any pictures, but the showers here are in a different league. They are shower rooms, rather than just a shower stall. They’re probably about 6’ by 10’ with a toilet, sink and seating area with plenty of hooks to hang your clothes. The shower itself is like a wet room, it has a dividing wall separating it from the rest of the room. They also come with free towels and the whole thing is cleaned after each use. Another nice touch is that you can now pre book a shower on your phone by using the app for that particular truckstop chain :sunglasses:

That seems unimaginble to someone whos never been there, do the guys over there appreciate the services they have access to? Is lorry driving considered to be a good job over there?

You are skyping with Osama? I thought he was dead… :grimacing:

orys:
You are skyping with Osama? I thought he was dead… :grimacing:

Haha, i surprised it hasnt been mentioned earlier, i was watching a channel 4 doc on the capture of him, must say he doesnt loo happy in that shot.

Saaamon:

kr79:

Saaamon:

newmercman:

newmercman:

That seems unimaginble to someone whos never been there, do the guys over there appreciate the services they have access to? Is lorry driving considered to be a good job over there?

They get 3 to a shower over there too, well unless they are locals they do.

Saaamon:

Wheel Nut’s picture above does have an element of the truth about it, when I first saw the shower stall picture you posted, I thought ‘half of them over here wouldn’t fit in that’ :laughing:

I would say the services are appreciated, they tend to be better looked after for sure, although there’s a shower attendant/cleaner that gives them a scrub after each use, so they don’t get too dirty. That also tends to stop them being destroyed as any such behaviour would be discovered pretty quickly.

I don’t know that it’s a good job, personally I think it’'s a much better job, you don’t get treated like a third class citizen that’s for sure, there are some places that do, but mostly you’re treated pretty well. There’s almost no H&S ■■■■■■■■ at RDCs, some even have free coffee and donuts (brought in by a driver delivering there) for the drivers. It is a more enjoyable job because of the relative freedom we have here :wink: