DAY DRIVERS are you prepared

I have always been of the attitude that if the weather is that bad for snow chains, then its time to pull over and wait till it clears. On mainland Europe its a requirement in many countrys to carry snow chains, yet when it gets bad enough to warrant them, the police park you up and wont let you go anywhere.

hitch:
alcohol is a bad idea if you have no heating
as it lowers the body temperature

Ah well die happy. :unamused:

A replica handgun…The police will have you in a warm cell with food and phone in minutes :sunglasses:

Snow chains won’t get you past the other vehicles that are stranded and blocking your way. In Febuary 2007 I was going through a foot of snow with snow tyres on,but others were getting stuck and blocking the roads.

if you get stuck on ice or snow and the wheels spinning
whats the best gear to use
and manual or automatic

villa:
and manual or automatic

Carry some chicken wire for this place under wheels to gain some traction

villa:
and manual or automatic

The highest gear possible. Then keep the revs down.

Best technique I know is Diff lock on and gentle(ish) weave side to side, that presses one then the other drive wheel into the road giving better traction. Can make you a bit seasick though. :grimacing:

merc0447:
2 years ago i spent 15 hours on a major motorway without sight nor sound from any form of police or help so im like the frigin last boy scout nowadays :wink:

I was there with you mate, parked in front of Hamilton services on th m74!

A fun day / night

Aways check aux heater operation before setting off & carry wellies…

I got caught out once, was a couple degrees above 0, had no night heater, duvet, nothing, and couldnt ■■■■■■■ horrible couldnt run the engine for heat as i parked in services.

Lorn trakta:

Come on then, the suspense is killing me! 36 posts, the majority comprising of a full stop. Have you spilt sticky drinks on your keyboard, or are you maybe being held hostage somewhere with only a bag full of dots to keep you company?

Saaamon:
I got caught out once, was a couple degrees above 0, had no night heater, duvet, nothing, and couldnt [zb] horrible couldnt run the engine for heat as i parked in services.

■■■■ that, don’t care where you are, if you’re stuck and no night heater, run the damned engine :unamused:

waynedl:

Saaamon:
I got caught out once, was a couple degrees above 0, had no night heater, duvet, nothing, and couldnt [zb] horrible couldnt run the engine for heat as i parked in services.

[zb] that, don’t care where you are, if you’re stuck and no night heater, run the damned engine :unamused:

you wont get much sleep if it cuts out every 4 mins