Day 4 FIRST C+E job

Evening all.

Todays events- pitched up at the depot 6.30 ish. Proceed to canteen area and create a hot drink incorporating a tea bag.
Gaffer points to one of the 15 plate DAF XF skyscrapers,and in a Star Trekesqe manner says " Make it so ". So I did. After a trip to the fuel station AGAIN. Seems that night drivers have sensitive skin and have diesel allergies.
Back from the diesel store and my trailer is loaded. Nice. Hooked up and jumped on the M6 south car park.

1st drop Leicester with 10 pallets,then on to Poundland RDC in Wolverhampton. 1st drop no probs,2nd drop not so smooth.
Although cross-strapped and pallets butted up to each other,the load has moved a tad. Pallets of hand soap dispensers but packed poorly with few or no layer boards. None damaged but a couple were leaning a bit. Friday afternoon forkie wants none of it.
’ Not unloading that-it will fall ‘. I explained that I also hold my FLT licences and ive unloaded worse. Forkie thinks he is a comedian-’ Go on then mate '. The beaver puts his hand out for the FLT key,forkie obliges. The beaver puts his other hand in his pocket and obtains skyscraper key. Both keys held up in front of forkie, I replied " Nah,changed my mind Chief ".

Forkie not so funny now. Notes signed as refused and back on the M6 to enjoy the hell that is Friday afternoon traffic. All in all a really enjoyable week. No death,no destruction,just a few pairs of cheap soiled Y-fronts. Roll on next week! Have a nice weekend folks.

Mr Beaver
As poundland is for my sins work 5 days a week beware "forkie with long memory "seen drivers come back with another load tip in half hour and sit there 4 hours for paperwork :open_mouth: :smiley: lol

A fair point, and well made Monsieur Trunker.

I am working on a cunning disguise as we speak.

There we go. All sorted.

A ripped filthy hi viz,and a fake limp. I am now an agency worker.