Davis brothers east london

hi. just joined up . found a conversation last night about the infamous “Davis Brothers” to which my father was a driver in the 50s. i used to go with my father( the late tommy Roberts) welsh driver, on a lot of day trips as a boy. I have recently aquired over 100 black and white photos of Davis.s trucks, also a picture of the davis brothers family, with solly still wearing his tie which my father twisted round his neck one pay day. In one of the coversations last night was one of davis’s trucks he had restored, i couldn’t beleive it, i had the original photo on my desk, if interested i can forward a copy to the person free of charge given an address…veh reg TLH 846 the veh is sitting in a side street in i presume london ,circa ? as i am new to this site please be patient for a reply of any kind… thanks for looking. Alan roberts

alanroberts6767:
hi. just joined up . found a conversation last night about the infamous “Davis Brothers” to which my father was a driver in the 50s. i used to go with my father( the late tommy Roberts) welsh driver, on a lot of day trips as a boy. I have recently aquired over 100 black and white photos of Davis.s trucks, also a picture of the davis brothers family, with solly still wearing his tie which my father twisted round his neck one pay day. In one of the coversations last night was one of davis’s trucks he had restored, i couldn’t beleive it, i had the original photo on my desk, if interested i can forward a copy to the person free of charge given an address…veh reg TLH 846 the veh is sitting in a side street in i presume london ,circa ? as i am new to this site please be patient for a reply of any kind… thanks for looking. Alan roberts

Welcome to the forum Alan cant you just post them for everyone to enjoy ? i am certain alot of the old lags on here would help you get a great new thread going !!

Hi alan,i am sure most on here would be interested in seeing all the photos you have and any other info.it seems a great find you have and on here is a great place to preserve and keep all these records for the future.please let us see them. kind regards, jack preston.

alanroberts6767:

Find someone to scan them & post them on here,then you can share them & keep them.

Hi Alan and welcome to Trucknet. :smiley: It sounds like you have just found a treasure trove of old photos there mate which I am sure everybody on here would like to see. If I am thinking of the same Davis family would you have a photo of Isabella who used to drive in Europe and may of been the first lady from the U.K. to drive down to The Middle East.

Regards Steve.

Solly, jew boy ( oops can i say that, up the highway left hand side, under the arch a good governor till you crossed him, and even if you didnt could take a pound of your money without you noticing, unless you were as cute as him :wink: did a few jobs for solly for an agency as well, at least i was guaranteed getting paid…lol
so where are the pictures.

On left coming from Tower Bridge ?

No it was on the left as you came out of the limehouse heading towards tower bridge harry.

Under the bridge coming from Tower Bridge on the left was E.Goldsmids,Bow Bells,Frank Davis alias chunky ,or little legs.Coming up the Highway from the Tower ,Davis’s were on the right by John Fisher street,and Poulters were further up towards narrow street on the right.We always said they widened the Highway to accommodate our trailers.

Dredging up an old thread. I remember yiddle Davis in Solebay st. I know Poulters were down the Highway. I was really looking forward to seeing all those photo’s that alanroberts6767 said he’d post, but he blew out.

Probably been on before, but here’s one of Chas Poulters to start.

Good pic’ but rough sheeting. :slight_smile:

Reckon it’s a load metal pallets out of Fords.

I reckon you’re right.