davies turner

anyone know what davies turner pays the subbies nowadays for moroco?
i phoned them about 3 years ago, and nearly fell off my chair with laughter. they offered £3000 round trip.
i decided they must have been trying it on. surely people didn’t actually do it for that money. did they?

Yes they did, but they all packed in or went bust. I spend a lot of time in southern spain and nearly of there trailers i see are being pulled by morrocan or spanish tractors.

Hi Limeyphil,

It would appear that Merrekesh Express are pulling for D.T’s look at previous post a couple of days ago, I hope he’s getting a decent rate !
Not !!! but if he can make it pay, good luck to him. We were doing morocco 8/9 years ago and getting £5500 to Tanger and then one day on the dock in tanger a lot of scania’s appeared on moroccan plate’s and that was the end of that because the rates went to ■■■■■ !!

Regards

JJSL

Didnt JMI pull out cos of threats from Moroccan mafia,to use local drivers.Heard kids cut air lines when on the move,and pulled trailer park button on trailers,and throwing of rocks.Security over there,ok if in the factory gates with a guard.Tony Bradfield pulls for DT to MA.

I used to drive for Bergan transport here in Manchester and the stories about the lines being cut are indeed true. It was a regular thing, at the moment there are a few guys running the route now. It die and was run by Turks but true to form the cheaper the pay the worse the service. And now John Lucy is taking English guys back on.

John Popat transport, a guy i used to work for doing Stuttgart and back now runs 6 on the route i put him onto it. As for rates im not so sure anymore but drop me a line mate and i might be able to point in the right direction, more so after you helping me out with the pm

Phil

Did it get so bad,that trailers were shipped out unacompanied to from Algercerias to Tangier,Ceuta,etc,and local traction did the rest the other end.Heard tourists get surrounded by kids selling souvenirs as you come off the ferries and catamarans.

Yeah i believe so but now they are going back over or they where just going into Tangiers port but now i think they a venturing further out. Not sure if they are going as far inland as we did but i’m sure it will happen soon

Had holiday in Morocco,nice people.the usaul haunts of marakesh,fez,agadir,essoria,casblanca.Used hostelbookers website,some real bargains.4star hotel in Casa for £7pernight.Train trips were interesting.

the rates are so bad besause there is a fleet of green actros’s with BG and RO plates doing it for that much :imp:
they do round trip for what the brits used to get one way [ZB]'s :imp: :imp:

Yesterday saw a Bulgarian green actros pull the brand new davies turner GB trailer at A1

Betz:
Yesterday saw a Bulgarian green actros pull the brand new davies turner GB trailer at A1

those are the ones :imp:

ive got a mate on there pulling for them , the rates arent great but it is full on and paid in 14 days , he does casablanca pretty regular now from all over , including belgium and germany . he has just been told they have work for egypt and bulgaria coming up , wont make a fortune but it pays the bills and i think in these times thats about as much as you can hope for .
i know a lot will come out with the wouldnt work for that statement but in these times if you have no work then any paying work is better than sat on you thumbs waiting for the phone to ring

shaw tarse:
…he has just been told they have work for egypt …

Nice run for somebody, some where different at least!! :wink:

Anyone on here ever run there before, and if so which way did you / would you go??

Teegypt overland, sounds like a good run.

There used to be a regular run Boston to Alexandria with swingin’ beef ; Funstons used to to it .

harry:
There used to be a regular run Boston to Alexandria with swingin’ beef ; Funstons used to to it .

i loaded boston last week with cockles for barcelona, nice port area was busy with plenty trucks working and short walk to boston town for pub or shops, good parking too.

welshboyinspain:

harry:

i loaded boston last week with cockles for barcelona, nice port area was busy with plenty trucks working and short walk to boston town for pub or shops, good parking too.

We loaded at an abbatiore run by a Dutchman . Not a very nice place but a great breakfast.

Didnt someone post on here a while ago that they did Egypt for Fransens Transport■■? Embassy work??

I know they used to get around a bit. :wink:

There’s a couple of black Magnums on private British plates that I see regularly round Algeciras way pulling Davies Turner trailers.

Stop Trans LDA.Portuguese company do Morocco.Eastern Euro drivers.