Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 2)

A year or two ago(2009) on the Isle of South Uist Outer Hebrides.
Oily

This 4 furrow at Chain Bridge Honey Farm 2015 with a good range of depth.
Oily
Farm IMG_6928

And final agri input from me for now. Spent many an hour as a youth on one them.
Oily
Farm STC_7014

Buzzer, wrighty, take no notice boys keep it coming, I totally agree that TNUK is now very hard to negotiate. I can not find the Southampton thread i used at all. But happy to stick with Buzzer on his thread. Gerbil

I know this isnt a farming site, but with a upbringing of agricultural i love the picture of that knackered old tractor but i carnt work out what it is

As said keep up the good work buzzer, wrighty and oily…if you lot stop posting i think it be the end of the site.
Fingers crossed other people will slowly come back and it may recover back to how it was

Just got my class 1 licence back this morning at the age of 74, we had a welcome home party as it was received in the DVLA on October the 2nd last year, express service as that’s five & a half months to renew during which time I made three chase up phone calls plus a letter of complaint followed by me sending a heart doctors report which eventually produced the result. The new licence is for a full year so in a way I’ve gained some time but this is a stupendous period for a renewal even though I do not use it on a regular basis, Buzzer

Andrew tipped his import in Suffolk.

3 Likes

Congratulations. I kept mine on for several years after I retired, a quicker and simpler procedure in France, Just a very comic, and variable, medical every 2 years. Standing on one leg with my eys closed and one finger on my nose. Failed everytime, fell over, in the end there was just a shrug, then onto the next on the list. There were other, equally comedic events but in the end I just gave it up, the only casual work I was offered was all very local.

As my only real attraction for the job was long distance varied travel it held no pull anymore, and in any case I then started on my 2nd career of 13 years of driving dogs, and cats, all over Europe. :joy:

Now up in Scotland after an afternoon getting fridge sorted now all safely parked up for the night in a little cafe I haven’t used for about 20 years lol mince & tatties spot on none of that foreign muck lol

1 Like

Peterhead to Plymouth not a bad little run :grin:

2 Likes

The creche is filling up, just need a bit of dry weather then they can go out.
IMG_6751

2 Likes

One or two heifers coming on nicely.
IMG_6763
IMG_6786

1 Like

Mince and tatties every other week in our house Andrew :+1:
Oily

1 Like

Good looking beasts there Wrighty, sold five CH X Heifers yesterday out of the batch I bought ex farm privately, feeding 2.5 kilos of 18% beef nuts a day at the moment, got 20 in the barn at the moment and two are twins CHX Blue only 6mo so they will go one hef & one steer plus I may sell four of the youngest to make the rest a more even bunch. May get some more pure CH in a week or so from another farm, we shall see, Buzzer.

only 6mo 260kg

12mo

also 12mo

Always good to do a Tesco’s Southampton lol

Just loaded eggs in Dorset

1 Like

What an absolutely diabolical day weatherwise that is, wind that would blow you over in a gust and hard rain, Tracy Island tonight and Chris waiting to depart for Italy in the morning and notice Shortbread Chip has gone home to get his Easter eggs, another weekend at home, Buzzer

2 Likes

Work buddies Buzzer.
Oily

Buzzer

IMG_4983

A few from this wknd delivering to cruise ships in Southampton the Iona & Ventura :+1: