Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

Buzzer

J9 TJS ?

Buzzer

robthedog:
J9 TJS ?

Yes, this was one of the final second hand trucks we had, hence no Gel plate. Came from Riverside Commericals, Thurrock. A gem of a truck - was new to Mr Trevor Starkes.

robthedog:

Buzzer:
Buzzer

How many clicks has Roger put on that ?

At the time of the photo, 130,000 KMS. The bed needs a brake reline though :smiley:

Thanks for the replies Horry here’s another of J9

Watching Countryfile on Sunday evening and this one was mostly about Bakewell livestock market (a pleasant change from some of the rubbish that is usually screened as Countryfile) some canny old characters, one farmer lady and her son selling fatstock cattle for a good price top was £3.19 a kg, the son being interviewed put it in a nutshell " surprises me the amount of money that goes through my hands and how little of it I get to keep". Catch it on BBC iplayer worth a watch.
Oily

oiltreader:
Watching Countryfile on Sunday evening and this one was mostly about Bakewell livestock market (a pleasant change from some of the rubbish that is usually screened as Countryfile) some canny old characters, one farmer lady and her son selling fatstock cattle for a good price top was £3.19 a kg, the son being interviewed put it in a nutshell " surprises me the amount of money that goes through my hands and how little of it I get to keep". Catch it on BBC iplayer worth a watch.
Oily

Entirely agree Oily, for a change some real country substance instead of the usual crap, I for one prefer Clarkson’s Farm done more for agriculture in two series than 25 years of Countryfile and its a good laugh as well. Buzzer

332317313_720362606413146_3867096940926870839_n.jpg

oiltreader:
Oily

I watched too Oily,interesting,but what a load of crap there is normally on this once worthy to watch program,usually more interest in watching paint dry!

David

Buzzer

Went to Frome market on Friday but what I wanted went too high so home MT even though had a truck on standby if I bought ought, but at 5.30 had a delivery of 19 Charolais steers from the same place as last year which were bought privately, some good sorts oldest 10mo and weigh 450 kilo already younger ones 6mo about 325 kilo.

Hey up Wrighty aint heard from you lately, are you busy lambing, no serious rain here for two weeks now but cold at night. Bit quieter on the transport front and every one is going to die cus they cant get tomatoes, cucumbers & eggs, when will this country wake up and support British produce from our farmers and pay a sensible price for it, Supermarkets destroy suppliers because they are screwing them down so low they are not profitable and then they give up, Buzzer

Hi all, John i totally agree with eating what is in season, i don’t understand why people eat tomatoes and cucumber or any salad in winter. If we stick to seasonal veg then all would be ok. There is a shortage of winter veg in supermarket at the moment as they screwed British farmers down so much a lot stopped growing but the supermarkets are now in trouble as they can’t import enough. Just my view. :sunglasses:

gerbil sb152:
Hi all, John i totally agree with eating what is in season, i don’t understand why people eat tomatoes and cucumber or any salad in winter. If we stick to seasonal veg then all would be ok. There is a shortage of winter veg in supermarket at the moment as they screwed British farmers down so much a lot stopped growing but the supermarkets are now in trouble as they can’t import enough. Just my view. :sunglasses:

Kev I was talking to Horry yesterday and he told me a producer of toms etc near Hull said the supermarkets contract to EU produce till March and when they have a hickup it all goes ■■■■ up, did the veg shopping yesterday and there was plenty of salad gear to be had if you wanted it trouble is the mass dont go to separate shops like in the olden days they want it all under one roof, the other thing I dont understand is why vegitarian’s who dislike eating meat try to make there stuff look like meat IE sausages burgers and the like, never understood how Mo Farrow did all them marathons eating corn sausages, reckon he got in front at the start of a race and no one got near him cos of the fumes :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Buzzer

Do they do the tomatoes from the massive glass houses on the I-O-W they used to supply Sainsburys and also the Glass houses at Chichester also massive cover acres of ground that only grow Peppers. :sunglasses:

gerbil sb152:
Do they do the tomatoes from the massive glass houses on the I-O-W they used to supply Sainsburys and also the Glass houses at Chichester also massive cover acres of ground that only grow Peppers. :sunglasses:

A lot of the produce from Chichester was collected by fowler welch, consolidated at Pompey, and distributed mainly to TESCOS and they ask trunked to Spalding for onward distribution.

Evening Buzzer

Like yourselves we’ve had it a bit drier up here but pretty cold with it, one or two nice days but with lambing fast approaching it could do with warming up. We have had about a dozen lambed so far, mainly the pure Leicester’s which are a handful as they tek some getting going.
We are also busy calving with two being born today, and we took two cows to Penrith last week to IVF them, so far the results look quite positive with 10 eggs off one and three off our old girl Viv who is 19 years old now.

Your fresh Charolais steers look the business, certainly look in good order and should do you well lets hope the beef price holds up. Back to it tomorrow off up to Workington to load for Motherwell, then after that we will see.

Cheers Wrighty.

IMG_5014.JPG

IMG_4983.JPG

Nice lot of pic’s there Wrighty, Buzzer

Buzzer

Buzzer

wrighty:
Evening Buzzer

Like yourselves we’ve had it a bit drier up here but pretty cold with it, one or two nice days but with lambing fast approaching it could do with warming up. We have had about a dozen lambed so far, mainly the pure Leicester’s which are a handful as they tek some getting going.
We are also busy calving with two being born today, and we took two cows to Penrith last week to IVF them, so far the results look quite positive with 10 eggs off one and three off our old girl Viv who is 19 years old now.

Your fresh Charolais steers look the business, certainly look in good order and should do you well lets hope the beef price holds up. Back to it tomorrow off up to Workington to load for Motherwell, then after that we will see.

Cheers Wrighty.

Hey Wrighty whats with all the mowdy hills ? You want to get them sorted out----- Do you have a shotgun :laughing: :laughing: Cheers Dennis.