Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

Buzzer

Buzzer

Evening Buzzer

Aye were still breathing up ere, enjoying a bit of drier weather this past week after what seemed like endless rain. The place was like a bog even the quad bike was struggling to travel around the sheep, busy with calving at the moment had a embryo calf born last week and it weighed a whopping 66kgs at birth and the vet managed to pull it out. The only downside is it couldn’t stand for four days so it’s only just started sucking it’s mother this afternoon, we have another battling e coli which is starting to recover slowly lets hope things improve as next month we have more to calve and the sheep will start lambing.

We are busy at work as well with lots to do which is good as Jan is usually a quieter month, the concrete job is busy off to load a flat in the morning then back to change trailers and off to Runcorn so will see what on after that…

Cheers Wrighty.

Good to here your allreet oop there, I been trying to buy some stores but anything any good is through the roof price wise but still trying at market and nought private what takes me fancy. Your right January is normally quieter and always think it passes in a flash & we are in February nex week, cheers Buzzer

Buzzer:
Good to here your allreet oop there, I been trying to buy some stores but anything any good is through the roof price wise but still trying at market and nought private what takes me fancy. Your right January is normally quieter and always think it passes in a flash & we are in February nex week, cheers Buzzer

Yes the cattle side of the job is holding up price wise, but the lamb trade is poor at the moment luckily we only have 15 tup lambs left.

Buzzer

Buzzer

328525225_475231294627504_71238888296158715_n (2).jpg

Buzzer:
Buzzer

Was the tilt yours as well Buzzer? I always think of you as a 'fridge man!

When we gave up just doing traction for other companies in 1988 and started out finding our own work we had a mixture of tilts & reefers (all rented back then) but it soon became apparent we always ended up with a tilt where we wanted a fridge & vice versa so after a year we went all fridge and it’s stayed that way ever since. The first fridges we bought were G&A’s but although very sturdy they were heavy, we then had some Schmitz cargo bulls but they were light weight crap, by far the best we have run is Chereau which is what we run now. We pulled fridges for Chingford fruit when they started hauling there own goods in the early 80’s they then became Solstor and we still work with them today which is over 40 years so a very long association with them and where we got the frigo bug from, Buzzer

327797386_725279138967792_1450419663565906340_n (2).jpg

Buzzer:
When we gave up just doing traction for other companies in 1988 and started out finding our own work we had a mixture of tilts & reefers (all rented back then) but it soon became apparent we always ended up with a tilt where we wanted a fridge & vice versa so after a year we went all fridge and it’s stayed that way ever since. The first fridges we bought were G&A’s but although very sturdy they were heavy, we then had some Schmitz cargo bulls but they were light weight crap, by far the best we have run is Chereau which is what we run now. We pulled fridges for Chingford fruit when they started hauling there own goods in the early 80’s they then became Solstor and we still work with them today which is over 40 years so a very long association with them and where we got the frigo bug from, Buzzer

Ah! Thanks. That gives me a clearer picture! :sunglasses:

VNG 359S

FAFCEED9-91FD-4979-B137-7E0FB3DF554E.jpeg

Buzzer

Buzzer

Buzzer

Buzzer:
Buzzer

How many clicks has Roger put on that ?

Buzzer:
Buzzer

By Heck John, It seems only like yesterday that this Scania went on the road, Cheers, Ray.

Buzzer

Buzzer:
Buzzer

Local vehicle from near me at Stoney Stratford.

OldishJoda:

Buzzer:
Buzzer

Local vehicle from near me at Stoney Stratford.

Oxon registered supplied by Dawson Freight Commercials