Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

Andrew Morrison:
“DEANB”

Good pics Andrew,your getting about a bit. Last time i did Austria was a good few years ago and you use to buy a Go box at the border/services
and then preload money on it for the tolls. Is it still the same or have things changed ?

Hi Deanb thanks yes we’ve all been very busy of late all over the place lol as for the go box ours have now been superseded with one box that covers France,Belgium,Spain,Portugal,Germany,Austria & a big bridge in Denmark but can never remember its name lol we just have one more box for Italy but I think that will be incorporated with the others later in the year.
Cheers Andrew

Thanks for the info Andrew,thats makes life so much easier having one box that cover’s all those different countries. Remember in Germany when you had to stop and get a print out of your route with a time limit on how long they gave you to complete the trip. Keep the pics coming. :wink:

Andrew Morrison:
Delivery to a Norwegian cruise line ship being built in Italy with another in the background underway as well was a bit manic down there :unamused:

Great pics Andrew. :wink: Must costs 100’s of millions to build one of those cruise ships.

Buzzer,they been cracking on around here for the last 2 weeks or so. Imagine the grain bulkers are flat out at the moment. :wink:

IMG_20220729_125625.jpg

IMG_20220729_125637.jpg

IMG_20220729_125646.jpg

IMG_20220729_125650.jpg

IMG_20220729_125700.jpg

IMG_20220729_125725.jpg

Dean they got dream weather for the harvest but not sure how it effects the crop output, spoke to a chap in Shropshire this week and he said they were still combining at midnight so there is no dew at all and the dust was full on from the machines, we have had no rain where I am for six weeks now and started feeding cattle outside haylage, 21 in the park get through 2 round bales every four days plus a little hard grub as well, they look well but not a normal year at all. Lots of cattle still in the markets as folk are unloading early because of the drought, Buzzer

Buzzer:
Dean they got dream weather for the harvest but not sure how it effects the crop output, spoke to a chap in Shropshire this week and he said they were still combining at midnight so there is no dew at all and the dust was full on from the machines, we have had no rain where I am for six weeks now and started feeding cattle outside haylage, 21 in the park get through 2 round bales every four days plus a little hard grub as well, they look well but not a normal year at all. Lots of cattle still in the markets as folk are unloading early because of the drought, Buzzer

Same here “Buzzer” no rain for ages. I see you have a hose pipe ban and i expect we will have one soon.

Hows your veg doing i have a plague of caterpillars eating my broccoli and cabbage,not impressed chap. :imp:

DEANB:

Andrew Morrison:
Delivery to a Norwegian cruise line ship being built in Italy with another in the background underway as well was a bit manic down there :unamused:

Great pics Andrew. :wink: Must costs 100’s of millions to build one of those cruise ships.

Buzzer,they been cracking on around here for the last 2 weeks or so. Imagine the grain bulkers are flat out at the moment. :wink:

And the rest Dean, best part of a billion I read!

David

DEANB:

Andrew Morrison:
“DEANB”

Good pics Andrew,your getting about a bit. Last time i did Austria was a good few years ago and you use to buy a Go box at the border/services
and then preload money on it for the tolls. Is it still the same or have things changed ?

Hi Deanb thanks yes we’ve all been very busy of late all over the place lol as for the go box ours have now been superseded with one box that covers France,Belgium,Spain,Portugal,Germany,Austria & a big bridge in Denmark but can never remember its name lol we just have one more box for Italy but I think that will be incorporated with the others later in the year.
Cheers Andrew

Thanks for the info Andrew,thats makes life so much easier having one box that cover’s all those different countries. Remember in Germany when you had to stop and get a print out of your route with a time limit on how long they gave you to complete the trip. Keep the pics coming. :wink:

If you don’t have a box for Germany you still have to do Toll collect

Blast from the past 141 ex Sparks, colour scheme tells it previous owner but would have had four Hela spot lamps when with us, Buzzer

Loading yesterday, Buzzer

Buzzer

Viv in Barrow in Furness with ships stores, not a cruise ship but they all need vittle’s to keep em going, Buzzer

Buzzer:
Buzzer

That looks like a place I used to tip, Sigma pharmaceutical in Colonial Way.

Friday afternoon loading out of the warehouse, Buzzer

Chip on a regular delivery today in the South of France, Buzzer

Unloading for a cruise ship in Dover on Monday
5758C57C-FA97-42C5-875A-C1585C3DFBEA.jpeg
0B28E03F-FB0F-4C3B-850C-E82F9015F414.jpeg

Not many Brits in Dover port these days
A1581CC5-E419-41FC-950C-762532CF039A.jpeg

Snapped at Leeming Bar and guessing they were heading to the Argrain Grain Store wrighty will know.
Oily

Quite a variation of tractors and trailers.
Oily

Flr TKN P1010098.jpg

Thanks Oily for the input, when you look at those outfits that can carry up to 32 ton at 60kph you wonder if its safe. Seems as though Scotland and Wrighty are getting a fair share of wet unlike down here we are still as dry as the a nun’s wotsit down South, Buzzer

Hi BUZZER can see chips is a man of experience and only stuck the corners i wonder who taught him.
where i live the road is continually battered by the massive front wheel tractors pulling trailers never sheeted, with driver sat in the middle, i wonder what licence do they need .

peggydeckboy:
Hi BUZZER can see chips is a man of experience and only stuck the corners i wonder who taught him.
where i live the road is continually battered by the massive front wheel tractors pulling trailers never sheeted, with driver sat in the middle, i wonder what licence do they need .

PDB you can drive one of those tractor outfits at 16 if you passed your tractor test which I did when I was that age, they used to come out to your village back then to conduct the test but doubt its like that now. The modern tractors have superior air brakes nowadays so alot safer than back in my day, think they got to use white diesel as well, Buzzer