Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

The perfect combination R11,DIT05 & the company lol
5EB34ACC-9C2F-43E9-9FA9-6F1323822845.jpeg

Even looks good from behind lol bit of a moody evening shot before the storm in Calais
5E6ED3DF-EC75-4478-8D42-5002FB55FF99.jpeg

Pure class well happy :smiley:
66BACF80-17E9-42FE-880B-627D4FA17532.jpeg

Thought I was finally gonna get that cup of coffee off Wrighty but alas ‘‘twas not him lol had a chat with driver asked him to pass on my regards to you Wrighty we’re getting closer lol
1013E293-34F5-49A6-B304-E8DF802462E0.jpeg

Loaded Peterborough last Saturday next to Roger’s old one a subbie for Harrison’s has it,didn’t get to chat think the driver was tired lol
4F70F635-88C7-434B-A43C-DC69A7024F82.jpeg

Tracy Island today, Buzzer

Buzzer… Thank you for sharing these photos the vehicles look superb, clean n tidy… Your boys are doing you proud…

OldishJoda:
Buzzer… Thank you for sharing these photos the vehicles look superb, clean n tidy… Your boys are doing you proud…

Thanks for that mate, even I am some times in owe of what one see’s but its great the company lives on as so many are no more from our era, cheers Buzzer.

Andrew Morrison:
Thought I was finally gonna get that cup of coffee off Wrighty but alas ‘‘twas not him lol had a chat with driver asked him to pass on my regards to you Wrighty we’re getting closer lol0

Evening Andrew

Yes we will catch up for that brew sometime, Mark said he’d been chatting to you at Bolton services. The new truck looks well I bet you notice a big improvement over your old one.

Cheers Wrighty.

Andrew Morrison:
Looks even better with a trl on :sunglasses: :laughing: 0

now that is smart, plain and simple and it stands out

A3

C3FD230F-925F-4F8B-80E8-5188990A2134.jpeg

wrighty:

Andrew Morrison:
Thought I was finally gonna get that cup of coffee off Wrighty but alas ‘‘twas not him lol had a chat with driver asked him to pass on my regards to you Wrighty we’re getting closer lol0

Evening Andrew

Yes we will catch up for that brew sometime, Mark said he’d been chatting to you at Bolton services. The new truck looks well I bet you notice a big improvement over your old one.

Cheers Wrighty.

Yes Wrighty we will lol & yes these new ones are a big improvement
Cheers Andrew ps coffee black tea white no sugar lol

A few in Tracy Island tonight old & the new oh & the subbie in the corner lol
AAA6781B-BA3E-4909-9ADF-066D933B5D04.jpeg

72EB5E27-DD38-4346-9305-92935186F512.jpegSure looks good lol

looks great mate, but i’ve always wondered why DAVIES is written in such a way on the trailers… :question:

m.a.n rules:
looks great mate, but i’ve always wondered why DAVIES is written in such a way on the trailers… :question:

Hi mate John Davies here, in 1991 when we started to buy our own trailers instead of renting we used to just have our name on the back doors with Southampton and phone numbers as thats where we were then based. Any ways the sign company said what a waste of advert space on the side of the trailers and suggested the stripes so they did that first to se what it looked like, anyways it needed something else so I said to the chap design something an I will come back in a couple hours to see what you came up with, when I went back this was the result bearing in mind it was only done on one side in case I did not like it but all of us did and asked him why this and his reply was you always stand on your head for your customers so why not put it on the trailers and to boot no one else did it like that back then. The Euro stars which are reflective were added and we have stuck with the design ever since, we liked it as it was different and gets notice, hope this answers your question.
Some companies have done a slanted version since then but not sure anyone else does it vertical, its stood the test of time and the design is now over 30 years old, Cheers Buzzer.

thanks for that buzzer, it obviously works as it grabbed my attention…

Buzzer saw R22GEL on the wash at Fareham Scania this morning :sunglasses: is that on the road Wednesday1st ?
I was there to pick a new front view mirror up after a Spanish truck took the other one out at Mini factory :imp:

blue estate:
Buzzer saw R22GEL on the wash at Fareham Scania this morning :sunglasses: is that on the road Wednesday1st ?
I was there to pick a new front view mirror up after a Spanish truck took the other one out at Mini factory :imp:

Not sure but probably, Buzzer

Just come back in of me cattle headcounts and found these way out on the marsh, maybe thinking about going for a dip, Buzzer