Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

Morning John, The truckwash was run by George Osmont son Jaque. They both worked for Atkins as did Bernie Thompson at one time.

Been on that tub a few times in the past, Buzzer

Afternoon Buzzer

Had a spot of logging on Friday clearing up a blown tree which should keep us in firewood for a while, it’s been a bit rough today with the wind and rain, tipped at Shepton Mallet this morning and it’s a while since I’ve seen such heavy rain.
Sat at Ower services this afternoon waiting to collect another box from Southampton docks, could get used to all this sitting around…

Buzzer:
Been on that tub a few times in the past, Buzzer

I think I can spot a Jameson’s Kangaroo trailer there!

David

Hi all, yes ithink you are right and a phillips and a couple of eurohaul trailers as well. :sunglasses:

Remember this place very well, did not want to be caught inside there too late else you could not escape, Buzzer

SHi Buzzer not a truer said the absolute a-----e h— of any of the markets anyone cares to mention ,there will be hundreds of men or ladies on here have no idea what market work was like and well done you. Sometimes if you were luck you would come in with a full load of fruit or veg and you would have one drop easy.

You had to be on the ball and make sure whoever was taking you gear off the back of the fridge was the correct customers fork lift driver ,or else half your load would be gone especial when you were pushing high pallets of fruit to the back and by the time you had dropped the pallet and pulled the pallet truck out it would be gone off the back. i used to drop the pallet back from the rear and wait until the correct driver was going to take it off the rear. Liverpool was a classic from the minute you got in there it was high alert no distractions .doors locked until you had found the correct pitch.

When on locals waiting for a export load ,we would do BIRMINGHAM,WOLVERHAMPTON,LIVERPOOL, LEEDS THEN FINISH AT HULL MOSTLY TO LATE you knew you had done a good nights work and we kept going back for more, mostly that was to get you near to where you were going to load a export load so it made sense.

GOOD OLD DAYS EHH. glutens for work .dbp
Buzzer SOTON was not that bad.

PDB did a fair time on market work which was hard work but the only time of day to be in London, Buzzer

Buzz , are those French empty water bottles? At a guess the Jura area of France , regards Bob .

Bob up and down:
Buzz , are those French empty water bottles? At a guess the Jura area of France , regards Bob .

Transiting the Vent is where he is at on his way to load Italia, Buzzer

Chip, Chip, slip slip gelling on home in the white stuff, Buzzer

wrighty:
Afternoon Buzzer

Had a spot of logging on Friday clearing up a blown tree which should keep us in firewood for a while, it’s been a bit rough today with the wind and rain, tipped at Shepton Mallet this morning and it’s a while since I’ve seen such heavy rain.
Sat at Ower services this afternoon waiting to collect another box from Southampton docks, could get used to all this sitting around…

Me too I’am joining the club :laughing:

Punchy Dan:

wrighty:
2Afternoon Buzzer

Me too I’am joining the club :laughing:

Evening Dan

I was expecting hours of waiting to get unloaded, got the brew on and feet up and it only took em 20mins from backing in to shutting the container doors. Mind you it did take 2 hours to get a box out of Southampton on Tues teatime, so my tip was maybe a fluke…

Buzzer we had a trip up to red ladies day at Carlisle today and came home with a 2yo heifer and a 7 month old weaned heifer calf, so a bit more work to cram into the already overcrowded buildings… :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :unamused:

Cheers Wrighty.

Hiya Wrighty,
I was told yesterday by a mate of Parky’s that SJB are so short of Drivers for milk collections that Farmers are tipping it away and SJB are having to pay for the loss ! Cheers Dennis.

Bewick:
Hiya Wrighty,
I was told yesterday by a mate of Parky’s that SJB are so short of Drivers for milk collections that Farmers are tipping it away and SJB are having to pay for the loss ! Cheers Dennis.

I’am not surprised Denzil ,I had a Dairy ask me earlier this year about doing some late afternoon in to the evening traction when I told them how much I wanted their reply was how much they could hire a unit for and get an agency driver for ,crack on I said :laughing:

Bewick:
Hiya Wrighty,

Morning Dennis

Yes I’ve heard the same and I’m not suprised, they’ve had some good drivers over the years but have tret them so poorly that the majority have walked. They have every man and his dog doing traction for them now, and must be having to pay through the nose for it…
Maybe you should be ringing them Dan for a nice well paid stint of traction over Christmas… :open_mouth: :open_mouth: , there’s one thing I won’t be going back for a do, like my weekends too much…

Cheers Wrighty.

Chippers waiting for the creamy express back to Blighty, Buzzer

download (2).png

Early tip for Andrew in Holland now off to load pears for Blighty in Belgium, Buzzer

, Buzzer

Paul caught one of your Volvo’s back in 2009.