Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

What a crappy wet day but we persevered and got the 14 Charolais stirks in of the marsh for winter, certainly tested the Discovery especially with 7 on the first load and nearly never made it out the field so we did 4 on the second trip and 3 on the last then wash the lot down. Like Wrighty we have followed suit but with a lot more wet weather to come its better there inside at least they can lie on a dry bed, just got to collect the gates $ troughs tomorrow to finish the job off, Buzzer

Evening Buzzer

Well a mixed outcome at the tup sales over the last couple of days, we did manage to cash all 7 tups with a top price of £3200 which was good and then Alice started buying. She bought one yesterday and then one today, so tomorrow is going to be busy sorting yows and letting the tups go.
No trucking photos this week as it’s been that bloody wet, spent all week getting wet, drying out and then getting wet again. Did have a different ride out on Tuesday picked up a demo tractor at Coniston in the deepest Lake District, could’nt believe how busy it was with walkers and traffic…

Cheers Wrighty.

Yet another depressing wet morning so glad the cattle are inside now but the sun has just come out so looking a tad better, Wrighty I notice you never let slip just how much Alice paid for the tup’s you bought, one thing ive found is never try and bid against a woman as they dont usually stop :smiley: :smiley: Buzzer.

IMG_0028.jpg

Buzzer:
Yet another depressing wet morning so glad the cattle are inside now but the sun has just come out so looking a tad better, Wrighty I notice you never let slip just how much Alice paid for the tup’s you bought, one thing ive found is never try and bid against a woman as they dont usually stop :smiley: :smiley: Buzzer.

Afternoon Buzzer

Lets just say she spent considerbly more than we made from the sale of all our tups…! on a brighter note we did sell three pure Limi bulls one at home and two in Leyburn on Friday, £1500,£1380 and £1260 so that helps a little bit…
Well it’s been another bloody wet week up ere and I’ve given in to Alice and let her have the control knobs for the Rayburn, so she can now turn the heating up aye I must be going soft in mi old age… :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Cheers Wrighty.

Well buzzer i think the one on the left is zeebedee the one on the right cluee the one in brown jumper is Paul (can’t remember his second name hurt his back ) white shirt and shades can’t place and maroon scania could be John Pettit. :sunglasses:

Hi all, come on Buzzer put me out of my misery. :sunglasses:

Kev poor old Zebedee aka knickers Nigel, dont know if the rumour was true that he wore ladies ■■■■■■■ but there you go.

This is Andrew aka Klondike or snapper what ever takes your fancy today, Buzzer

Come on Buzzer who are they ll in the picture. :sunglasses:

gerbil sb152:
Come on Buzzer who are they ll in the picture. :sunglasses:[/quot

Dont know for sure Kev but Nigel, Paul Nicholl’s & possibly Peter Clue, the young lad I think was a relative of nickers the other chap not sure, Horry might know but the motor at the end may have been an R&A what you think. Buzzer.

Just let the dog out for a pee and its blowing a fair hooley outside.

Buzzer yes i agree with the 3 but really not sure about the fourth but i think the Scania is an owner driver John Pettit he pulled mainly for Rawlings but did odd bit’s for others i think he worked for David Layley the same firm Ken Dailey worked for many many year’s ago. :sunglasses:

gerbil sb152:
Buzzer yes i agree with the 3 but really not sure about the fourth but i think the Scania is an owner driver John Pettit he pulled mainly for Rawlings but did odd bit’s for others i think he worked for David Layley the same firm Ken Dailey worked for many many year’s ago. :sunglasses:

Kev think your right with John Petit, he bought an F89 of me and then took the plunge on a new 113 IIRC, the forth man dont know as the three all drove for DIT, Buzzer.

Hurry up Klondike and load and GEL ON back to Blighty so who ever wants to can toast the elected president of the USA, or will it be a case of a wrangle in the courts ? Buzzer.

Buzzer:
Kev poor old Zebedee aka knickers Nigel, dont know if the rumour was true that he wore ladies ■■■■■■■ but there you go.

Nope Scottish Borders

robthedog:

Buzzer:

Nope Scottish Borders

Snap Rob , parked along side west coast main line about 10 miles before Abington

Sent from my truck

All in the name of fun, below and in the fact I have booked my annual TB test for the fourteen I have left in the barn, Buzzer.

Morning Buzzer

Sat here wi a brew about to go out and start our 4 yearly TB test, it going to be a long day with approx a hundred cattle to test with the rest being done tomorrow. Enjoyed our spell of four days without rain but could do with a lot more to dry the job up. Back driving tomorrow for two days and then Thur/Fri will be spent reading the test results so fingers crossed.

Cheers Wrighty.

IMG_0050.JPG

Ay Wrighty we are doing annual test today also but only 14 Charolais, got a girl vet from Spain Maria, the only sad thing is her partner has got a vet job in Bolton so she is moving on with him which is a shame as she is really good on the crush yoke. Tizz a nervous time this TB testing for sure Buzzer.

Buzzer:
Ay Wrighty we are doing annual test today also but only 14 Charolais, got a girl vet from Spain Maria, the only sad thing is her partner has got a vet job in Bolton so she is moving on with him which is a shame as she is really good on the crush yoke. Tizz a nervous time this TB testing for sure Buzzer.

Evening Buzzer

You’re not wrong it is a tense wait until hopefully you get the all clear, as you know it’s a reet pain if you get a reactor and all the b/s that goes with it.

Cheers Wrighty.

IMG_0028.JPG

My replacement cattle truck that arrived today, 16ft MAN clean & tidy & tested for a year, Buzzer.

How are your drivers affected by the new lockdown Buzzer , do they have to quarantine when they come back ? Might be time to dust the license down again and help out , lol