Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

Buzzer:
Did a bit of roadside recovery today for a mate who broke down with his trailer on so pulled them apart and brought the trailer home and he got recovered back to his yard, don’t mind at all as he is at the end of the phone when I need summit.
Always like to be organised me and so booked the MOT for my cattle truck in November, then all of a sudden the test garage went down from 3 days testing a week to two and I lost my place, it does not run out till the end of February and today I had a call from Scania to say that had a cancellation so I snapped it up. Any one who has trucks knows what a problem it is to get a test appointment nowadays and I don’t think there are enough government testers to go round which is a hell of a state of affairs, so up the yard for a quick wash and round for a preliminary MOT check ready for tomorrow fingers crossed and all that just pleased to have a test, cheers Buzzer.

Those little DAF’s drive nice Buzzer, hopefully you wont have any problems re MOT. Whats the GVW 12,000 ?

Those aluminium live stock bodies must be so much easier to keep clean inside and out compared to the old bodies.

Click on page twice.

Evening Buzzer

Back home tonight after my three days cruising around the country, tipped Worcester this morning then loaded a tractor nearby and another one on the way back up. Now back home for a bit of farming, getting more yows in to the lambing shed tomorrow and sorting through our tup lambs. progress on the new shed has slowed down as it’s been too windy to put the roof sheets on, hopefully they will be here tomorrow so things should move forward a pace as it’s not long before the first lambs will be on the ground… Having problems wi mi new phone like snapper it’s telling me the file size is too big when posting pictures any ideas ? I’m not very tech savvy…

Cheers Wrighty.

wrighty:
Evening Buzzer

Back home tonight after my three days cruising around the country, tipped Worcester this morning then loaded a tractor nearby and another one on the way back up. Now back home for a bit of farming, getting more yows in to the lambing shed tomorrow and sorting through our tup lambs. progress on the new shed has slowed down as it’s been too windy to put the roof sheets on, hopefully they will be here tomorrow so things should move forward a pace as it’s not long before the first lambs will be on the ground… Having problems wi mi new phone like snapper it’s telling me the file size is too big when posting pictures any ideas ? I’m not very tech savvy…

Cheers Wrighty.

Perhaps we will have to get snapper a load up your way and then he can call in and give you the lowdown, was waiting for a shot or two of the new build so keep taking the shots and we can view later. all the best Buzzer.

This is an update at 1500hrs Thusday it gives me great pleasure to announce that my DAF cattle truck passed its annual MOT test today with only a pre test check at Scania Fareham the only thing needed was a new headlight unit so we are good to go for 13 months or till I sell it.

scan0048.jpg

^^^ we take our scrap and weigh it in ourselves thanks :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

P.s have you a council licence :wink:

Punchy Dan:
^^^ we take our scrap and weigh it in ourselves thanks :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

P.s have you a council licence :wink:

Sorry to have to tell you Dan’l but that whole turnout would have been worth three or four times more than your entire fleet was at the time ! Buzzer would confirm ! Cheers Denz’l :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Dean here is a picture of the last lot I bought, there were eight in the bunch including three red ones which I don’t like so will probably move them on, they been outwintered in all the bad weather so are hard beasts and have claggy crap stuck to there coats and bet they are glad to be in a shed on a day like today, not a good shot as the sun were shining when I took it, Buzzer.

Heyup Wrighty bet you got a bit of bale string holding your sowester in place today :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Evening Buzzer

Well it’s been a bit average up ere today nearly as bad as storm Desmond, after two glorious days it ended abruptly on Sat night and it’s finally stopped raining tonight albeit still very windy.
Progress on the shed is moving along steadily two lads turned up on Thursday morning and had the roof on by 4.30pm, should be back tomorrow weather dependent so we might have the panels and the Yorkshire boarding up by Friday.

Cheers Wrighty.

Wrighty just inquisitive but are you concreting the floor of that new barn or do you use some other surface material like chalk ? The wind has dropped down a bit here now but only ventured out to collect the eggs and the Boss to walk the dog round the block, too wet and messy for going in the field so his nose was put out of joint fished off with roast lamb shoulder and all the trimmings, cheers Buzzer.

Buzzer:
Dean here is a picture of the last lot I bought, there were eight in the bunch including three red ones which I don’t like so will probably move them on, they been outwintered in all the bad weather so are hard beasts and have claggy crap stuck to there coats and bet they are glad to be in a shed on a day like today, not a good shot as the sun were shining when I took it, Buzzer.

Heyup Wrighty bet you got a bit of bale string holding your sowester in place today :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Must be like a penthouse suite for those new cattle after being out in all this crap weather ! :smiley:

Wrighty, thats some pic showing the roads flooded,must be millions of gallons i would imagine to do that.

The barn is coming along nicely. :wink:

Buzzer:
Wrighty just inquisitive but are you concreting the floor of that new barn or do you use some other surface material like chalk ? The wind has dropped down a bit here now but only ventured out to collect the eggs and the Boss to walk the dog round the block, too wet and messy for going in the field so his nose was put out of joint fished off with roast lamb shoulder and all the trimmings, cheers Buzzer.

Evening Buzzer

The building will get a concrete floor at some point in the future, but because of time constraints it will just have a ■■■■■■■■ one to start with. That way we can set up some pens inside and it will be full of yows and lambs soon…

Cheers Wrighty.

Penzance last week was wet enough lol
C460F49E-16E2-477B-8613-7FAD65C2B470.jpeg

Try not to park on estates overnight but sometimes needs must & so far this ones ok…for now but big wharehouse & security opposite

Now this is better a good restaurant in Holland everything absolutely spotless,good grub with friendly staff Spot on
CF2352A3-95CD-428D-B202-77F3E60549EE.jpeg

4A0CEEC4-B9CF-46ED-B4FF-BD7F2373A1B4.jpeg

Went out for a little walk (9 km’s later) nearly back can just see her in the distance lol
AA57E515-1E6D-4657-B6DF-CBD95C7AE104.jpeg

And it was off to Frome market today in search of piggys and I procured 7 which we need as the sausage stocks are extremely low, no pictures yet but will get later, they are not far off the slaughter man so JIT cheers Buzzer

Hi Andrew nice photos [memorys] i used to like weekends, no other brits around, a good walk, i used to take a golf club and plenty of golf balls, but made sure there was no livestock around and just thwack away, also handy in the cab,no offensive weapon!!..enjoy your time, because it can all change quickly,and be on locals,that i detested and i bet you do…dbp.

Buzzer:
And it was off to Frome market today in search of piggys and I procured 7 which we need as the sausage stocks are extremely low, no pictures yet but will get later, they are not far off the slaughter man so JIT cheers Buzzer

Sounds like a result wih regard to the trucks MOT Buzzer. :smiley:

Thanks for the pic of the latest cattle ,i have lost count how many’s that now ?

Just out of intrest what does a pig generally go for at market then chap ? Pics ■■ :wink:

Hi Dean just got this shot of the pigs I bought yesterday in Frome having there tea, they cost just shy of £90 each but you could kill them now and with grub at £7.50 for 20 kilo’s they wont be here long. I used to buy eight week old weaners and bring them on but that takes about three months and an awful lot of expensive grub so I tend to buy them nearly done and just keep them a couple weeks to clean em out, Buzzer.

Snouts_in_the_trough_1.jpg

Buzzer:
Hi Dean just got this shot of the pigs I bought yesterday in Frome having there tea, they cost just shy of £90 each but you could kill them now and with grub at £7.50 for 20 kilo’s they wont be here long. I used to buy eight week old weaners and bring them on but that takes about three months and an awful lot of expensive grub so I tend to buy them nearly done and just keep them a couple weeks to clean em out, Buzzer.

Thanks for the pic and info on the pigs chap. I see what you mean about them having to go fairly quick as that grub at
£ 7.50 for 20 kilo’s would soon mount up,and i bet they go through it quick !

My grandad used to have one or two pigs in his garden years ago and he used to get so upset on slaughter day he used
to have to go in the house. He had a huge vegtable patch and garden and was always out there pottering about in the
evening and weekends so used to get very attached to them and they were like pets.

You would never think so looking at him as he was a big bloke with hands like shovels. :unamused: