Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

Punchy coming through :sunglasses:

Punchy Dan:

That caravan must’ve been tanking along, asking for snaking and turn over.
Oily

Hi John

Thanks for that

Rich

Thanks Dan for the pictures, here is one of some resting in’t yard Buzzer.

Evening Buzzer

Another busy week finished now home for a bit of farming and relaxation, well when I say relaxation mucking sheds out, turning cattle out and marking sheep and lambs out of the meadows. The fertilizer is on we now need some rain to get the grass growing, you don’t often hear us asking for rain up ere eh…!

Cheers Wrighty.

WP_20190524_003.jpg

WP_20190523_012.jpg

WP_20190523_009.jpg

WP_20190523_005.jpg

WP_20190520_001.jpg

Nice set of pictures there Wrighty you certainly get a variety of loads to handle, just out of curiosity do you know how much that those round bales were each as they were new crop at a guess. Looking at the weather on telly you look like you got a bit of the wet stuff to wash your fert in. Had a morning raid by Mr Reynard this am just when you think things had settled he struck again, my man who comes and sits with his gun left off as we had no sign for five days but they are sneaky critters and never give up, when I was a nipper we had a bloke who dealt with them with stricknean very dangerous stuff but if a fox touched a chicken laced with that he never got three yards and he was done for, cant get the stuff now but as I said before our mole man used it as well, Buzzer.

PS. need some wet down here as well Wrighty so send it on down when you had enough.

Buzzer:
Nice set of pictures there Wrighty you certainly get a variety of loads to handle, just out of curiosity do you know how much that those round bales were each as they were new crop at a guess. Looking at the weather on telly you look like you got a bit of the wet stuff to wash your fert in. Had a morning raid by Mr Reynard this am just when you think things had settled he struck again, my man who comes and sits with his gun left off as we had no sign for five days but they are sneaky critters and never give up, when I was a nipper we had a bloke who dealt with them with stricknean very dangerous stuff but if a fox touched a chicken laced with that he never got three yards and he was done for, cant get the stuff now but as I said before our mole man used it as well, Buzzer.

PS. need some wet down here as well Wrighty so send it on down when you had enough.

Try liquid weed killer John ! :wink: Cheers Dennis.

Today was planting out some beans day both French and Runners, but first job was to weed the beetroot to give them a chance very tedious job but there were three of us me mate and the Boss was pressed into action as well but she is of out tonight to see Take That. Thanks for the tip Dennis will try that already topped up with anti freeze Buzzer.

IMG0089A (2).jpg

Buzzer:

Afternoon Buzzer

To be honest I don’t know how much the silage was we just moved it for a mate of Colin’s, it was this years crop and didn’t settle too much I only had to stop once to tighten the straps. Gary on the wagon and drag loaded straight off the back of the baler, and had to stop five times on the way back as he couldn’t keep the straps tight.
Had a nice drop of rain yesterday afternoon and this morning, not really enough but it will wash the fert in so has done a good job, the sun is now shining and a bit of breeze but not too hot…
As you are battling a fox we are the victims of a badger or I should say one of our last lambs to be born was, looked them one day and the next day there was no sign of the lamb and the yow knew it had had gone as it came for it’s grub with the rest of them, our local gamekeeper is certain it’s a badger…

Cheers Wrighty.

WP_20190523_004.jpg

WP_20190521_005.jpg

Heyup Wrighty don’t think we got any Badger activity near me which is a good thing as they are real hard critters to deal with, might put me new to me JD mower on tomorrow and cur the grass where the chicken are as you got a job to see a fox its that long until he strikes then there is always a commotion by the chicken so you know when he is there but you got to be waiting with your gun ready to shoot, have a mate in tomorrow but I might get up early let em out and do a the first shift me self, Buzzer

Buzzer:
Today was planting out some beans day both French and Runners, but first job was to weed the beetroot to give them a chance very tedious job but there were three of us me mate and the Boss was pressed into action as well but she is of out tonight to see Take That. Thanks for the tip Dennis will try that already topped up with anti freeze Buzzer.

Well Buzzer by the looks of it the only one doing any graft is “The Boss” ! your glass backed mate is standing idly by and you are poncing about with the camera ! :blush: :blush: :blush: :unamused: :unamused: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :wink: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Cheers Dennis

Bewick:

Buzzer:

Well Buzzer by the looks of it the only one doing any graft is “The Boss” ! your glass backed mate is standing idly by and you are poncing about with the camera ! :blush: :blush: :blush: :unamused: :unamused: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :wink: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Cheers Dennis

That’s not true Dennis my mate did all the rotovating and the ground was hard , then he put in most of the plants ably assisted by the Boss after she had made us a brew. Then my mate washed all the pots out while I rested a little, Buzzer :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Out checking the stock at 0730 am then home for breakfast, My mate turned up 0720 am on fox watch he is sat on a big round bale of straw in the barn scanning the hedge line and foxy shows up and is only twenty yards in front of him, with an adrenalin rush he pulls the trigger only for the cartridge to misfire in the gun and Reynard escapes once more, we will persevere and get him in the end, Buzzer.

Buzzer:
Out checking the stock at 0730 am then home for breakfast, My mate turned up 0720 am on fox watch he is sat on a big round bale of straw in the barn scanning the hedge line and foxy shows up and is only twenty yards in front of him, with an adrenalin rush he pulls the trigger only for the cartridge to misfire in the gun and Reynard escapes once more, we will persevere and get him in the end, Buzzer.

I bet it was a blank and he votes Green :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Bewick:

Buzzer:

I bet it was a blank and he votes Green :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

My mate has turned up this morning with his other gun :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Buzzer

Just a quick update today went Salisbury Market but not loads there but my green fingered accomplice managed to secure 8 more boxes of Runner Beans so we will be sticking them in shortly and then near the end of the cattle auction I got three more Angus steers and they are now munching on the grass in my home paddocks where the chooks are so we may be able to see Foxy a little better if he comes again, Buzzer.

Very quiet on TNUK all threads maybe its the Rugby & Football, very hot here today and we need some rain real bad else the grass will die standing up. On Wednesday night at just after eight a neighbour called me t say there was a steer out in the road and sure enough it was one of mine, there was hedge behind the fence and saw no reason for it, anyways made a couple of calls to whip up the roundup gang and a few passers and after twenty minutes we manged to get him back in, then shut all three in the barn for the night, don’t want to be chasing them in the dark. Reinforced the fence next day and turned em back out. More gardening tomorrow to finish planting the beans, cheers Buzzer.

Sounds like to me Buzzer that you would have extreme difficulty keeping half a dozen White mice in their cage ! :blush: :unamused: :open_mouth: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

one for JD.

P1010500(5).jpg