Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

That 141 is stunning regards Rowley ward

You can keep all this euro 6 rubbish I would take that141 anytime :slight_smile:

peggydeckboy:
Hi Andrew,
im over the fly swat ,did you realise that the spiers parked next to you in Sainsburys is a ex Pullens trailer… and who are the FIRM from Bicester, are they new chancers or kosher ,
the only fridge firm from BICESTER was once Roklod then I left ,1989-ish I think they were took over by WINCATON ,they went on to the old air base, upper Heyford ,but the colours of the trailer look very PULLENS?

YES never thought ,you take your pics from the phone but mostly all yours taken are static shots.DBP

Hi peggydeckboy
I’m pleased for you getting over fly swat lol,the Spiers & Hartwell I don’t think is ex Pulleyns just a coincidence it’s there old colour but I stand corrected?
SDM are sort of an off shoot from Rokold days now based in the old test centre in Bicester I’m sure someone could enlighten us with more details??
Cheers Andrew

On a boat again !! Will have to get them soot deposits sorted when I get back lol
CC025EBE-5024-4344-AA23-50A0348CF922.jpeg

These new wheels come up good lol
279BBE4B-6388-4AD3-8D89-9E1D339E32EF.jpeg

In Holland they even let the blue n whites park in a Greenyard lol
5FD452F5-3862-4EBB-9B86-EDB9407ADA2C.jpeg

Just the two of us again
C22D2DBD-6ECC-4EF1-BADD-F7DB2A343A50.jpeg

Punchy Dan:
Work in progress at Punchard’s ,then off to collect a trailer at Buzzzers depot :laughing:

That’s tidy spot on an improvement on the 110 Scania my dad drove day cab with fold down bunk & that was luxury lol

Found this and not many who have all these qualifications, Buzzer

53851654_10157408357809172_7812541740442714112_n (4).jpg

Buzzer:
Found this and not many who have all these qualifications, Buzzer

I reckon there is only one Bloke on TN that fits all those requirements Buzzer and he resides in Leatherhead :wink: Cheers Dennis.

Frome market today to have another go at buying some stock ready for Summer turn out, the first selections I made while perusing what was on offer made far to much money albeit they were fine specimens and these usually do fetch the higher prices all aged about 12mo or so, any way I bided my time and in the end I was successful in acquiring a bunch of 11 Angus X steers and evenly matched as well for reasonable money to boot. They are now in the cleaned out barn till turn out in May and off to Salisbury to try and add a few more on Tuesday next week fingers crossed pictures to follow, Buzzer

Andrew Morrison:
I’m good company but my what a dismal place to be on a Friday night,actually any time!!!210

Hi Andrew, was that Sainsburys in East Kilbride, the land that time forgot. Harvey

Here are a couple of shots of the Angus steers j bought yesterday, Buzzer.

Afternoon Buzzer

Well that spell of spring weather has certainly ended with a bang, thunder and lightning yesterday morning and bloody snow today. Luckily the yows are hanging onto their lambs so not too many born through the night but with all the available buildings now full of sheep and lambs it’s a good thing.
Back to work tomorrow 4 drops starting near Windsford and finishing at High Wycombe and then loading Gatwick so should keep us busy…

Cheers Wrighty.

WP_20190307_002.jpg

WP_20190305_007.jpg

WP_20190310_015.jpg

WP_20190310_004.jpg

Hey up Wrighty that first shot of the sheep int snow fair makes me shiver just looking at it, down here in the soft South we only got rain but very high winds which will cut you in two, love your old stone building and the colour of that hay which makes you think of warmer times to come.
Got the marsh ground again this year which is good but the Canada geese have certainly eat off a lot of the grass but I have a friend in that department, four legs and a bushy tale and he has been busy reducing the flock for me. My mate is working adjacent and has watched him at work and being foxy he’s not happy with just one he keeps going back for more in fact where my mate levelled a piece of ground when he came back two days later there were seven humps in the dirt and every one concealed a dead goose, normally you would not want a fox on your patch but he is doing good work at the moment.
Tried the new steers on some hard grub I had left over, at first they were slow to take it but today they are already into it and know what comes in a white bag for sure, in fact when I went to fill up the chicken feeder this afternoon they caught sight of the white bag and started to holler expecting seconds I think, Buzzer

Buzzer:
Hey up Wrighty that first shot of the sheep int snow fair makes me shiver just looking at it, down here in the soft South we only got rain but very high winds which will cut you in two, love your old stone building and the colour of that hay which makes you think of warmer times to come.
Got the marsh ground again this year which is good but the Canada geese have certainly eat off a lot of the grass but I have a friend in that department, four legs and a bushy tale and he has been busy reducing the flock for me. My mate is working adjacent and has watched him at work and being foxy he’s not happy with just one he keeps going back for more in fact where my mate levelled a piece of ground when he came back two days later there were seven humps in the dirt and every one concealed a dead goose, normally you would not want a fox on your patch but he is doing good work at the moment.
Tried the new steers on some hard grub I had left over, at first they were slow to take it but today they are already into it and know what comes in a white bag for sure, in fact when I went to fill up the chicken feeder this afternoon they caught sight of the white bag and started to holler expecting seconds I think, Buzzer

They look decent animals Buzzer should do your job well, i think your grass day will be a bit sooner than ours up ere. Not giving too bad a day tomorrow so some of the yows and lambs are going to have to go out into the fields, we have started putting plastic bio-degradable jackets on the lambs and it certainly helps keeping the wind and rain off them for a couple of weeks.

Cheers Wrighty.

WP_20190308_002.jpg

wrighty:

Buzzer:

They look decent animals Buzzer should do your job well, i think your grass day will be a bit sooner than ours up ere. Not giving too bad a day tomorrow so some of the yows and lambs are going to have to go out into the fields, we have started putting plastic bio-degradable jackets on the lambs and it certainly helps keeping the wind and rain off them for a couple of weeks.

Cheers Wrighty.

You certainly know how to get as much as possible on those trailers Wrighty,always like the way you fit everything on.Keep the pics coming looks a
tad nippy where you live ! :wink:

Buzzer, the new steers look fine animals. :smiley:

Salisbury Market today with a good entry of Angus & Charolais home bred single suckled steers on offer all around 12mo, there were 28 angus & 16 Charolais and a credit to the owners which was reflected in the bidding which went as high as £1200 a head so far, far beyond my wallet. there were 370 head all together but I do wonder where some of the buyers are going with these cattle especially as the killing price is dropping. As I suspect with a lot of the country we experienced torrential down poor’s of rain and this was evident with water lying on roadsides unable to get away and more to come too, Buzzer.

Evening Buzzer

Looks like it was a good trade today, like you say at those prices you wonder how the buyers can make money out of em at slaughter.
I loaded at Shaftsbury this morning and it was bloody wet and windy just like being at home, tipping off tomorrow then the motors in for MOT prep for Thurs so looks like more lambing for me…

Cheers Wrighty.

WP_20190312_006.jpg

Wrighty were you loading at McClean’s yard ? looks familiar to me as I bought a tractor off them, Buzzer.