Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

Evening Buzzer

Another busy week up ere started on Sunday two of us ran down and tipped at cambridge auction, I then ran across and parked at the Hollies for the night where I saw a DIT parked up. Been busy with sheep this weekend changing tups and feeding up and maybe gather up some firewood tomorrow before mi Sunday roast…

Cheers Wrighty.

WP_20181105_008.jpg

WP_20181106_001.jpg

Hi Wrighty you are always up and at it, are all your cattle indoors yet ? so glad mine are or though I always think they would prefer to be out, just about to have the Sunday roast chicken’s today, we have to have two as the grand kids all eat like adults now, have a good week Buzzer.

Buzzer:
Hi Wrighty you are always up and at it, are all your cattle indoors yet ? so glad mine are or though I always think they would prefer to be out, just about to have the Sunday roast chicken’s today, we have to have two as the grand kids all eat like adults now, have a good week Buzzer.

Yes Buzzer all the cattle are in now, last one’s came in a fortnight ago and are now munching their way through the silage. Been out cutting firewood this afternoon and now relaxing in front of the log burner after having our roast chicken dinner aye it’s a tough life eh…

WP_20181107_003.jpg

Six trucks tipping on to the QE2 today in Vigo, Buzzer

Nice to see you back on some of that work John.

wrighty:
Evening Buzzer

Another busy week up ere started on Sunday two of us ran down and tipped at cambridge auction, I then ran across and parked at the Hollies for the night where I saw a DIT parked up. Been busy with sheep this weekend changing tups and feeding up and maybe gather up some firewood tomorrow before mi Sunday roast…

Cheers Wrighty.

Now thats what you call a tractor “wrighty” 16.5 tons !!! :open_mouth:

Any idea what sort of horse power that would be and any idea of how much it would cost ?
The cabs are luxury now compared to years ago.

Saw this Volvo one for sale on ebay today. I dont remember ever seeing a Volvo tractor before so imagine that this
would be fairly rare.

Cliff luxton:
Nice to see you back on some of that work John.

Cliff only on our terms and rates we are not regulars but all of a sudden someone realised the value of availability and delivering on time and the fact it takes all the stress out of there part of the deal which is handing the work to a professional company, too many times today all is done on price and it does not always work, JD.

New trailers!?

I see sneak peeks on Facebook…any chance of some pictures …are they ready to roll lads?..looks like they are in the yard… :slight_smile:

DEANB:

wrighty:
Evening Buzzer

Cheers Wrighty.

Now thats what you call a tractor “wrighty” 16.5 tons !!! :open_mouth:

Any idea what sort of horse power that would be and any idea of how much it would cost ?
The cabs are luxury now compared to years ago.

Saw this Volvo one for sale on ebay today. I dont remember ever seeing a Volvo tractor before so imagine that this
would be fairly rare.

Evening DEANB

The John Deere 8400R has 400hp and costs around £185,000, I don’t think one of them will be turning up at our place anytime soon. Come to think of it we haven’t any gateways it would fit through.

Cheers Wrighty.

Wrighty put her up the right way for you, when I took “Woody” for his walk today he put up a flock of Canada Geese they eat grass like locust and sometimes there are a hundred or more. Got a rollicking off the council for harrowing the grass as its under HLS but when there today you cant see where I have been, they don’t know how to manage the land they own but who am I just the chap who rents it, cheers Buzzer.

Photo1195 (2).jpg

You certainly get about wrighty, a farmer carting farm machinery(mostly) with a decent truck, ace job, tho’ it tends to tire me out just reading about your travels and weekend farm chores :smiley:
Cheers
Oily

Evening Buzzer

Busy day up ere left Lymm this morning tipped Bispham green and Garstang, then back to our yard tipped a couple of machine’s off and ran up to a place called Bleatarn near Warcop. Loaded a 25t crusher took it to Kirkby Stephen tipped and loaded a portable shredder and tipped that at Cleethorpes, now parked up for the night loading tractors off Hull docks in the morning…

Cheers Wrighty.

WP_20181115_012.jpg

WP_20181115_008.jpg

Hell " Wrighty " you don’t hang around on your job what with securing the loads as well, you must have a secret helper secreted on that truck somewhere.

Ringrose was asking about a picture of the new Chereau trailers well here you go courtesy of " snapper " Morrison taken in the yard, notice he is not coupled up but his trailer wont be long before it arrives, there will be more pictures pretty soon if i know Andrew he wont be able to resist, Buzzer.

Very smart as usual JD

For all the old drivers and the new the pig has made a return on the new trailers, it has been in semi retirement for a while and for those who don’t know what PGS stands for its "porky git squadron " as a lot of our drivers wayback were portly gentlemen and some still are today and JD is self explanatory. Buzzer

46003580_2042700082487037_4002655657240035328_n.jpg

Buzzer:
For all the old drivers and the new the pig has made a return on the new trailers, it has been in semi retirement for a while and for those who don’t know what PGS stands for its "porky git squadron " as a lot of our drivers wayback were portly gentlemen and some still are today and JD is self explanatory. Buzzer

“a lot of our drivers wayback were portly gentlemen”, not just the drivers me thinks… always wanted one of those PGS T-shirts from back in Anderson rd days.

Busy day up ere left Lymm this morning tipped Bispham green and Garstang, then back to our yard tipped a couple of machine’s off and ran up to a place called Bleatarn near Warcop. Loaded a 25t crusher took it to Kirkby Stephen tipped and loaded a portable shredder and tipped that at Cleethorpes, now parked up for the night loading tractors off Hull docks in the morning…

Morning Wrighty,
Ok, Ok, so you have the occasional buisy day.
Try this if you think you are working hard: I leave Cairnryan about 3 pm and drive to Falkirk, or Motherwell, this can take 2 and a half hours
Drop trailer on a bay and report to office.
Pick up loaded trailer and drive all the way back. ( I do this in one day)
Ok, you may think this is easy but here’s the rub, I do this “every Sunday” hay !! what do you think of that then eh !! Harvey

Sad news again I am afraid just to let those who may have worked for us back 30 odd years ago that I had a text from Les Slater to inform me his brother John Slater had tragically been killed last Monday in a car crash, he worked for Davies back then driving a cargo box van on contract to Tufnell’s doing parcel deliveries in and around Southampton, he was known as " Parcel John " a nick name we christened him, our condolences to Les and all family concerned RIP, from the Davies family.

HRS:

Morning Wrighty,
Ok, Ok, so you have the occasional buisy day.
Try this if you think you are working hard: I leave Cairnryan about 3 pm and drive to Falkirk, or Motherwell, this can take 2 and a half hours
Drop trailer on a bay and report to office.
Pick up loaded trailer and drive all the way back. ( I do this in one day)
Ok, you may think this is easy but here’s the rub, I do this “every Sunday” hay !! what do you think of that then eh !! Harvey

Well you’re a better man than me Harvey :laughing: , i’ve had mi fill of weekend working and now enjoy Sundays off wi Alice and a roast dinner. Sounds like a good number you’re on and on Sunday rate a win win eh…
Spent today feeding sheep and cattle and sweeping bloody leaves up, a job I dread every Autumn but meks spot look tidier.

Cheers Wrighty.

WP_20181116_002.jpg

Thanks for the reply about the tractor “Wrighty” ,thats some tractor chap ! :wink:

Fridges look good “Buzzer”.