Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

Nice photos. what is the sticker on all the trucks with the number on ,inside the screen[5] [6] are the orange boot laces standard issue.dbp

Drove up to the gate not a sign but they know the sound of the pickup engine and then they are there, Buzzer.

Photo1138 (2).jpg

Buzzer:
Drove up to the gate not a sign but they know the sound of the pickup engine and then they are there, Buzzer.

And then they say " Is that all the grub the “tight wad is putting in the trough we aint '■■■■■■ hens” Mooooooooo!

Moody early morning shot at Tracy Island

Early morning shot in Scotland mate.
New you would like this one. Harvey

Don’t like them Harvey just like sheep with horns and not much bigger, there were sim X steers in Salisbury market yesterday but you could tell they were out of highlands JD

Buzzer:
Don’t like them Harvey just like sheep with horns and not much bigger, there were sim X steers in Salisbury market yesterday but you could tell they were out of highlands JD

You have reminded of a little tale about 30 years ago Buzzer. This local cattle dealer from Settle was also into harness racing and he tried to deal me up with one of them there Highland “Goats” for a set of Zilco Harness Racing gear ! I told him where to stick one of it’s horns Oo Arr ! Apparently he had bought this heifer in a job lot in an Livestock Auction IIRC maybe Guildford ? He had shifted the other beasts in the “packet” was left with this one !
WTF did I want with a Highland heifer on my land that only occasionally saw my horses but usually my Pal’s pedigree Holstien stock and a few of his Suffolk sheep ! I never liked my land to be grazed 100% by the horses as it just sours the ground and encourages all manner of “kesh” to grow ! All ways kept my 30 odd acres in perfect heart. Chain harrowed, rolled , top dressed plus “topped off” with the mower ! Happy Days long gone.

Heres one that Paul forgot he had taken ! :laughing: :laughing:

In the evening sun but are getting moved today to new pastures, Buzzer.

Photo1148.jpg

peggydeckboy:
Nice photos. what is the sticker on all the trucks with the number on ,inside the screen[5] [6] are the orange boot laces standard issue.dbp

Hi dbp thanks the numbered stickers in windscreen are our euro emissions compulsory for going thru blanc/Frejus ect into Italy they also supply them at tunnel after showing them proof & orange laces are a sling thing lol cheers Andrew

Evening Buzzer

Another busy weekend up ere getting our mule gimmers ready for the sale at Hawes tomorrow, from recent market reports the averages are down quite a bit this year so we are preparing to be dissapointed but that’s life in the farming world eh…
The weather continues to be unsettled and wet and if it continues we might have to bring the cows in, which is going to make a long winter at this rate the cows will be in before we’ve got all the crop in.
Back to it tomorrow down to Evesham and then down Salisbury way to tip and load a machine for Darlington, so that should keep us going tomorrow.

Cheers Wrighty.

Too late to load one night in France no problem we have parking round side see you in the morning for loading! This old puddle jumper was parked outside done up for advertising said company Brioche anyone?
3A729A5B-2F06-4B79-A288-517F2A66CE76.jpeg
D7BB0EDC-7F30-4E2F-B25F-DB22D5CB51E3.jpeg

Salisbury market yesterday and secured a pen of six pigs, they are ready to kill and they don’t know it but I have already spoken to the man with the black hood about there dispatch which wont be long. The old sausage stocks in the freezer are getting low so summit had to be done to replenish the freezer, Buzzer.

Buzzer:
Salisbury market yesterday and secured a pen of six pigs, they are ready to kill and they don’t know it but I have already spoken to the man with the black hood about there dispatch which wont be long. The old sausage stocks in the freezer are getting low so summit had to be done to replenish the freezer, Buzzer.

Evening Buzzer,
Which house do you use these days, so many have closed down.
Fontly, Winchester, Salisbury, Botley and even Southampton were allways busy. Harvey

HRS:

Buzzer:

Evening Buzzer,
Which house do you use these days, so many have closed down.
Fontly, Winchester, Salisbury, Botley and even Southampton were allways busy. Harvey

Done at home by a man who used to work at Funtly, he is a licensed mobile slaughter man and it will take about 3 hours to do the six only he is very busy always so getting him here is the main problem. His oppo is the one who makes the sausages, Buzzer.

Hi Buzzer nice picture of the little [zb]erkers reminds me when we used to go round and collect them to take them to market, no ash plant sticks aloud, flat board .
we were given numbers from a sheet, FROM THE F.MC. to set the numbers required on the wooden handled machine type thing tattooed ,it was a tattoo on the pigs shoulders you only got one chance, it was ,a cog wheel device ,with sharp points you turned the numbers around to what ever was on the paper, you never did the same one twice because they would squeal like zb , after the slap on their shoulders just like the DANISH BACON TATTO ON THE RINE ….,ZB ME WE WERE ONLY DRIVERS.

if anyone ever give them a little clout across their backs to help them along up the ramp with a ash plane once they were done and hanging chilling the bruises would come out on their rine and there would be hell to play , when I think back all our now -days super truckers ought to have had to about a year on a cattle truck. just to blend them in. also all the[ zb ]uckers who want to stay in the EU.just like your photo they have all got their noises in the trough, like when GREECE,SPAIN,PORTUGAL, BEFORE ALL THE EX COOMIE BLOCK. they used to zb you about at the customs the cheeky [zb ers] they were, esp GREECE.I had got more tarmac on my shoes than they had on their roads. tks Buzzer.I KNOW YOU DO NOT ASK FOR RANTS BUT IT IS GOOD TO SOMETIMES and as I look every day on your site, ive give up with the referendum mob LOST CAUSE.LOL.DBP

Made the right decision to move the big steers into the barn and put the younger ones on the marsh on Thursday especially as its rained most of the day here and forecast to do it tomorrow as well. The bigguns have a TB test on Monday and I don’t like last minute dot com as summit always goes wrong. Moved them in me truck but with 14 on board it must have grossed over 16 ton and it felt like that as well but only had to do 1/2 a mile, the young ones are a bit coy especially 3 amigo’s who are super alert so got four weeks to gain there confidence to go into the coral to feed hard grub, I watched today and as I backed away they went in after the others, the power of food eh.
On another note we had a Cloggy motor in Tracy Island this week, picture from FB but don’t know who it was, off to shut chooks up in a moment in the poring rain, cheers Buzzer.

untitled.png

Evening Buzzer

Busy day up ere getting the last of this years crop in, we are about 50 bales down on last year so may have to buy some to see us through winter. It’s getting pretty wet up ere and the cattle are starting to make a mess in the gateways, so they may need to come in sooner rather than later so it could be a long winter.
A busy month on the calving front with 12 now in the shed with calves, going to be de-horning them in the morning and moving the cows with bull calves down into the cubicles so the calves can creep into a seperate pen.
Loaded up with concrete panels for a delivery to a farm near Gloucester on Monday morning then we will see where we go from there…

Cheers Wrighty.

WP_20180920_012.jpg

WP_20180908_006.jpg

WP_20180922_004.jpg

WP_20180922_001.jpg

Hi all, buzzer my missus want’s to know is the guy that comes and doe’s the pig’s called Jamie she worked with him for year’s and she think’s he doe’s a bit of freelance now. If not him what is his name,if you don’t want to name him on here send me a text or PM. Good luck with tb testing. :unamused:

Kev the guys name is Danny but he worked at Funtley as well but don’t remember his surname, as you can see I have more pigs in line for sausage production to keep you and yours going through the Winter. Nice bit rain only problem it makes it wet round the feeders but was pleased today as the three amigos who are a tad sharp all went in the coral while I was stood there so good improvement there, give em another month and hopefully we wont have a problem penning them up when its time to come in for Winter, Buzzer.

img038.jpg