Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

Hi John
Which one are you in General

Buzzer:
DEAN CAME IN FOR OP BUT HE DID NOT DO IT NOW A WAITING GAME AND BY THE WAY ROGER OUR TELLY STAR IS BACK ON CH4 ON WED NIGHT ABOUT ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS SO TUNE IN FOR MORE OF THE F WORD, CHEERS BUZZER

John… Its rude to use CAPITAL letters for all of your replies, questions and quotes…lol
Hope you are comfortable … lol

Regards
Andy

Have escaped temporarily but go back tomorrow for a checkup so hope that’s all it is, missed me computer and ■■■■■■ brought me in a laptop but its not quite the same bit like going from a GUY Big J straight into a motor of today it don’t work straight away and by the way Andy that’s why all the typing was in CAPS as it is confusing so sorry about that and I thought it would be easier for you old boys to read who’s sight aint what it used to be. cheers Buzzer.

Good to see you’re at home Buzzer , hospital is enough to drive you round the twist . I’ve had three appointments come this week , one follow up from the cancer op , one for a cataract op and one for a colonoscopy to check my bowels out for cancer cells . No fun getting old ! I hope they get that leg sorted out pdq , can’t have you laid up for the festivities , best wishes to you and the boss . Dave

I bet they slung him out :blush: :wink: Anyway lets hope all goes well and you’ll soon be on the mend John ! Best wishes, Dennis.

Did they actually operate then Buzzer or just patch you up !! :unamused: :laughing: :wink:

Evening Buzzer

Good news that you have escaped from hospital bet matron won’t be happy when she finds out, lets hope tomorrows just a flying visit and you can enjoy your Christmas dinner at home…

Take it easy.

Wrighty.

DEANB:
Did they actually operate then Buzzer or just patch you up !! :unamused: :laughing: :wink:

Hi Dean they were going to do a skin graft but are waiting a little longer to see if its really needed, personally I would rather it healed naturally. Back at home and although I was told to do nought I did drive me little loader and put a bale of haylage in to the barn steers and strawed them up but I stayed on the machine, just cant help being hands on but got some good old boys helping out, cheers Buzzer.

John,

Glad you are out of hospital, Angie thought she saw you on Holby City, or was it “I’'m an old haulier get me out of here”
Take it easy

Regards
Richard

MaggieD:
John,

Glad you are out of hospital, Angie thought she saw you on Holby City, or was it “I’'m an old haulier get me out of here”
Take it easy

Regards
Richard

Now that’s a good idea for a new program Richard ( I’m an old haulier get me out of here ) cheers JD.

Buzzer:

DEANB:

Hi Dean they were going to do a skin graft but are waiting a little longer to see if its really needed, personally I would rather it healed naturally. Back at home and although I was told to do nought I did drive me little loader and put a bale of haylage in to the barn steers and strawed them up but I stayed on the machine, just cant help being hands on but got some good old boys helping out, cheers Buzzer.

Lets hope it heals chap,i would be a bit careful chap doing too much .Sounds like you got some good mates helping
you ! :laughing: Must remember to watch the programme tonight !

Get well soon Buzzer. This site goes stale without you. Merry Xmas ■■ Jim.

Ha Ha good news today went to Hospital for a checkup on me leg and had a lovely Irish surgeon look at it, he said now we could do a skin graft and that means you come back in here or we let it heal naturally using dressing so that was a no brainer, just go back in a month for a viewing and from door to door only two hours.
Booked up my annual TB test for the cattle for 29th January and if all clear some will depart for market and things will move on a pace, cheers all Buzzzer.

Glad to see you are on a natural mend then now… Take it easy…

Regards Andy

Hi all. drove past tracy island this afternoon saw 2 gentlemen 1 with a beard the other a very smart gent with very white hair, do i assume they were there for interviews for driving job’s buzzer. i think i would be a bit wary of employing them as specially the one with the beard he looked very shady. i did stop but apparently you had just left,shame would have been good to see you. Happy Christmas to all on here and all your families.
Gerbil :sunglasses:

Sometimes during my life in the transport industry there are occasional lighter moments and as we had a few old drivers in the office on a yuletide visit today Horry produced a mock letter I wrote for a chap called Ian Hall who drove for me in the early 80’s and was after a mortgage . There are two versions for you to read and it may get you chuckling as back then I had a sense of humour and it goes like it is set out below. Cheers Buzzer.

First edition.
Dear Sir, further to your enquiring letter of the 28th of December 1984 regarding Mr Ian Hall I do hope the following information is of use to you.

Mr Hall has been with this company for the last ten years on a permanent basis as a class one HGV driver and relief transport manager. He is entrusted with these positions as he is of exemplary character and being of such a trustworthy nature he is rewarded with a salary of not less than £18.000 per annum, he also shares in a productivity scheme which usually adds a further £2.000 to the above mentioned figure. At present Mr Hall has no shares in the company but hopes to have 20% stake later this year.
I do hope the above information is of use to you in completing your enquiries, yours sincerely M.J.Davies.

Second edition, the true version.
Dear Sir, as per first paragraph above.

Mr Hall has been with this company for only a few months (not enough to make up a year) and only works for us as an HGV driver if we can find him a job (which is quite hard lately) . He is self employed and we don’t know if he pays his stamp and tax (most of them don’t) He says he is of good character but he paid me a fiver to write that down.
On average since joining our company he has earned £173 per week or at least that’s what we had to pay out. He holds no shares in the company but to hear him talk you would think he owned the whole bloody shooting match. We don’t pay bonuses here as we never earn enough to be able too and we have continued ear bashing on this subject.
I do hope he above information is of use to you in your endeavours to rip Mr Hall off as he is doing to us, Yours M.J.Davies.

Just as a matter of point we never give references for drivers as a policy of the company as they have a habit of coming back and biting you, we have in the past taken on drivers with good references and they have turned out to be complete J.Arthurs. Hope the above brings a smile or two cheers Buzzer.

Three old muckers came to Tracy Island on Thursday for a cuppa and a mince pie, JimSki, Richard Green and Mappo plus me, we did a few miles of tarmac in and jogged a few memory cells along the way, nice little catch up as we are all getting older and some have already left us, cheers Buzzer.

Hope you on the mend JD…
Had a do myself this year… , an ambulance ride and a week in dry dock.
a " Cardiac Event " … As the Cardiologist called it…
None of us getting any younger eh…

Merry Christmas to you , Gill and the boys…

Balders glad to see you got up this morning, I was called to Tracy Island this week as the boys wee interviewing a couple of old codgers for a double man driving job but Mappo has now got armchairitis and Richard Green still cant drive in the dark due to his training when he worked for Jameson’s as they didn’t do night shifts & they did not pass the IQ test never mind the medical so the job was aborted.
The Vet who discharged me from Southampton General was Irish and he gave me a choice, stay in for crimbo and have a skin graft or go home and let it heal naturally, I told him id’e stay in but the Boss over ruled as she cant carve the beef so I am home. It looks a whole lot better than it did a couple of weeks ago and is coming along steadily, although it looks angry it does not hurt so will carry on with what I have been told to do as this beats having your leg chopped off.
Any ways glad to see you are up and about again we wondered what had become of you as me and Wrighty had no one to moan at about the weather you sent are way. Got me annual TB test booked for all me steers and then the big clear out to market and hopefully a big fat pay cheque coming my way, cheers Buzzer.

Buzzer:
Balders glad to see you got up this morning, I was called to Tracy Island this week as the boys wee interviewing a couple of old codgers for a double man driving job but Mappo has now got armchairitis and Richard Green still cant drive in the dark due to his training when he worked for Jameson’s as they didn’t do night shifts & they did not pass the IQ test never mind the medical so the job was aborted.
The Vet who discharged me from Southampton General was Irish and he gave me a choice, stay in for crimbo and have a skin graft or go home and let it heal naturally, I told him id’e stay in but the Boss over ruled as she cant carve the beef so I am home. It looks a whole lot better than it did a couple of weeks ago and is coming along steadily, although it looks angry it does not hurt so will carry on with what I have been told to do as this beats having your leg chopped off.
Any ways glad to see you are up and about again we wondered what had become of you as me and Wrighty had no one to moan at about the weather you sent are way. Got me annual TB test booked for all me steers and then the big clear out to market and hopefully a big fat pay cheque coming my way, cheers Buzzer.

That looks a tad angry John, I hope its on the mend, merry Christmas to you all at the Davies households
Jeremy

Sent from my VFD 500 using Tapatalk