Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

Richard I take it lunch will involve French fries with steak, don’t let on to Mappo else he will want to tag on and he cant drive this new motor of mine, lack of experience. as for the colour its staying as it is as its in pretty good shape.

“Wrighty” the box is a Tristar they are in Wales near Lampeter well out in the outback but I know Gwynn Williams as he is into horses and coaching as well. They build a lot of horseboxes and also they do containers for cattle, mine is of my own design to cater for both and it can lift of and be put on a newer chassis later. That truck is a 2000 on an X and is an air ride, its very clean for its age but does not do great distances with me, When I went there three weeks ago they were about to deliver a 26ft cattle container on a tandem trailer to a farmer in Somerset to be pulled by a fast track, cheers to both Buzzer.

John, horse box looks to be coming on well . Exscuse my ignorance but can you load the carriage in the back as well or do you pull it on a special trailer?.also how many horses can it take? Cheers dennis

dieseldennis2:
John, horse box looks to be coming on well . Exscuse my ignorance but can you load the carriage in the back as well or do you pull it on a special trailer?.also how many horses can it take? Cheers dennis

Hi Dennis it has a winch at the front and is built 8ft 6ins high so can take a show coach or similar and when you have loaded this there is room for a team of horses (four) which is what I have, before I had a little Leyland daf 7 1/2 tonner but you are riding close to the weight with four horses and a special built trailer behind but it is a pain connecting etc and the same when you get to an event, this should make it much easier. Also the gates inside are removable so it can take cattle as well. cheers Buzzer.

New set of reeboks on the whole team this afternoon three farriers and an apprentice, had a job to keep up with the tea and butty making, cheers Buzzer.

Photo0012.jpg

Continuing on the farming theme turned out the seven cows who have all ready calved to grass today, Buzzer

PS. W.T.F. are you Andrew Morrison some of your followers must think you never came back to D.I.T

Is that green stuff grass?, another month before we get that up ere… In Chester tonight then back home tomorrow for more lambing duty. Cheers Wrighty.

wrighty:
Is that green stuff grass?, another month before we get that up ere… In Chester tonight then back home tomorrow for more lambing duty. Cheers Wrighty.[/

Yes mate it is grass not a great deal but have put a bale of haylage there as well, put fert on about 10 days ago and the weather looks set fair so may get a spirt on. Still got six inside waiting to calve cheers Buzzer.

Got the spuds in and bean frames up over the weekend, Buzzer.

IMG_0779.JPG

MaggieD:

Buzzer:
Well “Wrighty” that Scanny look’s a tasty bit of kit make no mistake. The colour scheme reminds me of two Scania 141’s I bought ex Watts of Carlisle from Malcomb Harrison some years back now but they went like perverbial
sh-te of a shovel.
Here is a picture of my own latest acquisition under construction, the motor is ex Fagan and Whaley and hope to have it in a couple of weeks, cheers Buzzer.

Hi John,

That’ll be nice when it’s finished,what colour are you going to paint it ? I thought you were going to get Mappo to drive it when I saw the 2 words Fagan & Wally,he is the original artful dodger :unamused:

Here’s my latest purchase,only done 47,000 kms from new,worked all it’s life as a tipper in Paris,belonged to the same family from new and has been dry stored for the last 25 years ! As soon as I’ve got it registered I 'll have a run over to Burseldon and take you out for lunch !
Good on ya Richard that’s really nice of you I’ll roundup everyone and we’ll be waiting for you at Johns ! :laughing: :laughing:
R Jimmer

Regards
Richard

Hi Jim,

You are welcome to come along, I think we will have to go via Alton and pick Charlie and Rose up as well, as John’s fence looks like it’s the same as yours and could do with some TLC :unamused: (mine is worse :blush: ) also I could try and get my DKV card back off him,after he used it to put his girls through University !!

Hope you and Jac are ok,I keep looking out for you on the M3 & M25 :slight_smile:

Regards
Richard

:laughing:

MaggieD:
Hi Jim,

You are welcome to come along, I think we will have to go via Alton and pick Charlie and Rose up as well, as John’s fence looks like it’s the same as yours and could do with some TLC :unamused: (mine is worse :blush: ) also I could try and get my DKV card back off him,after he used it to put his girls through University !!

Hope you and Jac are ok,I keep looking out for you on the M3 & M25 :slight_smile:

Regards
Richard

Good Morning Richard.It looks as if my fence painting contracts are redundant.Its impossible to see where I’very missed! However I am negotiating with Mappo to take them on. However he is being difficult with the price. You will be pleased to hear that my/your DKV card has finally expired. This should now make a vast difference to your bank balance at the end of next month.GAZ IOW has lost his so that will help as well. Hope you and Angela are well. Regards Charlie

Nice bit of sun to enjoy with a nibble of grass, think they like it Buzzer.

Photo0022.jpg

My latest purchase a pedigree Simmental bull for my ladies, Buzzer.

IMG_0780.JPG

Buzzer:
My latest purchase a pedigree Simmental bull for my ladies, Buzzer.

15.04.15…

buzzer , He is a beauty isnt he ?

A young one too - lots of mileage in him , a good buy .

Brace yerselves girls ,lol…

Joe …

Our home bred bull, Eastshaw Vantastic pure limousin…17 months old.

phone 10-04-15 014.jpg

farming 28-03-15 024.jpg

nice bull there buzzer have they all calved now ? saw the photo of your scania cattle box on the other thread looks good I see only vents at the rear does that mean you load the carriage up front and the horses at the rear ? Maybe you could put a few photos on here for us be interesting. please ask the company photographer when we are to expect the next photos I’m sure I’m not the only one waiting in anticipation cheers dennis

Three cows to calve still, had three this week. Will take some more pictures of the lorry when the tail board is down then you get to see the layout. Andrews seems to have gone on the missing persons list, cheers Buzzer.

PS_20150423213338.jpeg
PS_20150423213832.jpeg

Well done Blakey, where did you get them from or did you do them yourself ? if you did you have hidden talents, Buzzer.