David Cameron i doff my cap sir

Lets get this straight this was an ‘‘epic’’ decision, the likes of your gordon brown would have folded like a pack of cards.

Don’t really support any political party being Scottish im bread to hate the tories from birth but today i find myself admiring his outstanding decision. It a monumental day when we have stood up and said no thanks ‘‘the titanic looks a fine ship but we’ll wait for the next boat to come along’’. Its time for us to escape this disaster and these foreign bureaucrats that determine how British people live their lives.

We don’t take kindly to being told what to do by Germans. Something that doesn’t appear to trouble Sarkozy whatsoever. If Europe decides to turn their backs on us its time we built our own success we have plenty of ties with the usa and the commonwealth.

Twenty years ago, the Soviet Union failed because people said “enough”. Clear your throats people, it’s time again.

Time to pull out of the EU me thinks :wink:

It’s about time we stood up to them especially since they’re hardly in a strong position. What they wanted had nothing to do with regulating the banks they just wanted a percentage to bankroll greece, Italy, Ireland, Spain.

there is too much interbreeding involved there with the president of France, he wants to stick up for his ancestors who are Greek, he is doffing his own cap to Angela as he is used to saying yes to the Germans.

Dave has made the right call here and then gone back to his own wife after the wife swapping party :stuck_out_tongue:

merc0447:
Lets get this straight this was an ‘‘epic’’ decision, the likes of your gordon brown would have folded like a pack of cards.

Don’t really support any political party being Scottish im bread to hate the tories from birth but today i find myself admiring his outstanding decision. It a monumental day when we have stood up and said no thanks ‘‘the titanic looks a fine ship but we’ll wait for the next boat to come along’’. Its time for us to escape this disaster and these foreign bureaucrats that determine how British people live their lives.

We don’t take kindly to being told what to do by Germans. Something that doesn’t appear to trouble Sarkozy whatsoever. If Europe decides to turn their backs on us its time we built our own success we have plenty of ties with the usa and the commonwealth.

Twenty years ago, the Soviet Union failed because people said “enough”. Clear your throats people, it’s time again.

I’m no supporter of any of them either, but remember Gorden Brown kept us out of the Euro in the first place. Insisting that there should be 5 economic test before we consider joining.

1. Are business cycles and economic structures compatible so that we and others could live comfortably with euro interest rates on a permanent basis?
  2. If problems emerge is there sufficient flexibility to deal with them?
  3. Would joining EMU create better conditions for firms making long-term decisions to invest in Britain?
  4. What impact would entry into EMU have on the competitive position of the UK’s financial services industry, particularly the City’s wholesale markets?
  5. In summary, will joining EMU promote higher growth, stability and a lasting increase in jobs?

John Major, Chancelor of the Exchequer in a Thatcher govenment took us into the ERM, forerunner to EMU and the Euro depite most believing that the UK economy wasn’t ready for it.
When it went wrong Norman Lamonts decession to try and keep us in by increasing interest rates, lead to many people losing houses and business and the UK losing Billions on the money markets.

Personally I think the only reason the Cameron has kept us out of this is not for our benefit or that of his Euro Sceptic backbenchers, but for the benefit of the City of London.

I’m not saying this is a bad thing, and hopefully it will be a good thing for the UK. But so will sorting out the problems with the Euro. As far as I can see the Germans want to be able to know what is happening in other countries with the Euro and impose sanction if they are letting thier economys slide. Maybe had these controls been in place when the Euro was launched we wouldn’t be in such a mess now.

To be honest although I find the Euro handy, I’ve always thought it was going to be difficult for Countries which such diverse economies to be able to share a currency and exchange rates.

But would you not rather have the power of the city of london in the uk rather than Frankfurt, london is the financial capital of the WORLD. This deal would have destroyed london and would have handed British tax payer fiscal powers over to Brussels, telling us what we can budget for.

Brown is the worst PM/chancellor we have ever had, destroyer of private pensions and a idiot who sells all the uk’s gold reserves at an all time low price.

Cameron is the first prime minster in history to veto a european treaty it shows he has a lot of backbone and will not be pressured into something that could effect this country drastically.

We should have a similar relationship to europe to which switzerland has.

merc0447:
But would you not rather have the power of the city of london in the uk rather than Frankfurt, london is the financial capital of the WORLD. This deal would have destroyed london and would have handed British tax payer fiscal powers over to Brussels, telling us what we can budget for.

Brown is the worst PM/chancellor we have ever had, destroyer of private pensions and a idiot who sells all the uk’s gold reserves at an all time low price.

Cameron is the first prime minster in history to veto a european treaty it shows he has a lot of backbone and will not be pressured into something that could effect this country drastically.

We should have a similar relationship to europe to which switzerland has.

But it was the bankers in the City who wanted us,and still want us,to be in the EU and the only reason that dodgy Dave is putting up a fight now is because he wants to protect his cronies in the City.But,just like those bankers,he’s not so keen to protect shop floor workers in manufacturing industries from foreign competition though and it’s no surprise that his motives have more to do with saving bankers’ jobs and keeping tax down on bankers’ profits while taxing things like fuel at the same rate for a millionaire banker as someone on minimum wage and applying an income tax rate of around double for someone who earns ten times as much.

I think you’ll find that those bankers will also want us to bail out the losses of their dodgy investments around the world wether we’re in the EU or out of it.

As for Brown he was just working to the Tory ‘New Labour’ Blair government agenda.

Carryfast:

Right or wrong London has become a monster and even outweighs New york in financial services stakes, you’re right we dont have any manufacturing in this country but how can we compete with a 4 year old kid that can make the same thing we make for 10pence. Manufacturing is a dead industry because the standard of living in the uk means we cant compete with 3rd world countries - got nothing to do with the tories. The only industry we have that has worldwide power is the service and financial industry and we must protect that. If we signed this treaty the eu would tax london now we can cut of the middle man and tax them ourselves. If we signed that treaty the eu would determine our budgets for education, health, armed forces.

Thank christ we have the tories in power because that treaty would have been signed under ‘‘new labour’’. This 2 speed europe that is getting banded about yes there will be 2 speeds us in top gear and the germans and french supporting the rest of the failed countries and their doomed euro in low gear. If the eurozone turn their backs us then so be it we adjust and move on plenty of other worldwide markets to go and make pals with.

They want us to ‘‘give’’ not loan money towards a trillion euro rescue deal to save a currency that isnt even ours, in my own words GTF

And in this charitable giving, the French want an inner circle that obviously includes them, Germany and us to bail out the halfbreeds and skint countries, the Greeks should never have been in it, neither should Portugal, as for the rest of the 27 history will repeat itself again and again.

merc0447:

Carryfast:

Right or wrong London has become a monster and even outweighs New york in financial services stakes, you’re right we dont have any manufacturing in this country but how can we compete with a 4 year old kid that can make the same thing we make for 10pence. Manufacturing is a dead industry because the standard of living in the uk means we cant compete with 3rd world countries - got nothing to do with the tories. The only industry we have that has worldwide power is the service and financial industry and we must protect that. If we signed this treaty the eu would tax london now we can cut of the middle man and tax them ourselves. If we signed that treaty the eu would determine our budgets for education, health, armed forces.

Thank christ we have the tories in power because that treaty would have been signed under ‘‘new labour’’. This 2 speed europe that is getting banded about yes there will be 2 speeds us in top gear and the germans and french supporting the rest of the failed countries and their doomed euro in low gear. If the eurozone turn their backs us then so be it we adjust and move on plenty of other worldwide markets to go and make pals with.

They want us to ‘‘give’’ not loan money towards a trillion euro rescue deal to save a currency that isnt even ours, in my own words GTF

The problem is that the finacial and service sectors aren’t enough to base an economy on because they don’t actually produce anything.By relying on that you just end up with a massive trade deficit because a few overpaid bankers pushing paper around and people working in hamburger cafes paid for by others working in supermarkets etc doesn’t actually count towards the balance of payments for imported manufactured goods regardless of how cheaply the Chinese etc are turning them out and while the bankers are taking the biggest slice of the cake of what’s left of the UK economy they also pay the least taxes as a proportion of their earnings which is devastating the public sector.

The EU itself is also a net loser to the British economy because the costs of membership,combined with net imports,are a bigger liability than our exports to the EU are worth.The costs of rebuilding the east european states has probaly cost us as much,if not more,than Spain,Portugal,Italy,and Greece have cost us.However the bankers seem to be saying that they’ve exposed themselves to massive liabilities in those countries wether we’re in or out of the EU so the bail out would apply in any case.Therefore an outstanding loan that turns into a bad debt is effectively the same thing as giving them the money anyway and the money used by the EU to give to the east european states was a gift not a loan.

But in this case it’s actually worse because the banks are saying that British taxpayers have to now throw more money at those bad debts,which the bankers have got themselves exposed to in Italy and Greece etc etc.So those bankers have effectively given a load of British money away to foreign countries and now want to take the same amount again out of the British economy to pay themselves back.

But yes we can compete with that kid that can make for peanuts what we were making by putting up trade barriers and massive punitive import taxes on any imported product that we can make for ourselves.With the win win situation that we can then pay people here to go to work and earn a living to pay back into the economy by buying things and paying taxes instead of putting them on the dole.