Dave Young

I read a couple of months ago that T&D editor Dave Young was very poorly and I wondered if anyone had any (hopefully good) news about if he is better?

He’s getting there.

Thanks for asking after me, I’m easing back into T&D slowly while I recover from a knee operation and treatment for depression. I hope to be back full time as editor from the beginning of June onwards. Meanwhile Chris Tumer, my deputy, has been doing an ace job running the ship, one of the ‘perks’ of which has been trudging around Truckfest in the cold and rain all May bank holiday…

Glad to hear you are on the mend Dave. Good luck with the return to work.

Coffeeholic:
Glad to hear you are on the mend Dave. Good luck with the return to work.

I concur

:wink: :laughing: :laughing:

I echo Neils comments, good luck and hope you’re on the road to recovery.

Good to hear you are on the up Dave.

Best wishes Dave.

Dave
Hope you are on the mend, who could we get to replace you and your sense of humour? You are the guy who I remember wrote in T&D ‘Our first price increase since the last one!’ I have enjoyed your stories for many years, occasionally you strike out in a different direction like your recent story on hitch-hiking. Very enjoyable! You and I have spoken several times about my personal crusade,Well driven?, I would like you to know I appreciate the fact that a reader can phone you and you always manage to find time to talk to your customers. As we say this side of the border, ‘Lang may your lum reek!’
Alex

Good to hear you’re on the mend TK Dave,enjoyed many of your articles.“Haste ye back”.
regards derek

Dave. Glad to hear you are on the up. Spoke to Chris Turner at Truckfest today and asked him to convey my best wishes to you.
Look after yourself and come back soon.
Take care
Wendy/Mothertrucker

Get Well. & cheer up. There are many more truckfests to trudge around in the rain still to come… :laughing:

What doesn’t break you, makes you stronger. Good to hear you’re back in the saddle.

Glad to hear you are getting better be great to see you back at the helm

Get well soon but take as long as you need T&D will still be there. :wink:

Very many thanks for the kind and encouraging words, as has long been suspected I’m touched. The rest of you sitting there asking: ‘Who the [ZB] DY anyway?’ Get back to work.

OMG I edited an editor… still rools is rools… Rikki :wink: