Data Protection?

Heard today we “need to have our photos taken” for “staff profiles” on company website. Basically telling customers about us etc. Is this against data protection act?

Just recently we done this 6 months ago.

Acknowledgment to jisclegal, your privacy and small business

jisclegal.ac.uk/ManageConten … -2012.aspx

yourprivacy.co.uk/right-use- … bsite.html

smallbusiness.co.uk/running- … aken.thtml

Is that enough for your armoury

You on some “wanted” posters Crunch??

F-reds:
You on some “wanted” posters Crunch??

:laughing:
No mate just can’t be arsed with that sort of nonsense. It’s got sod all to do with driving and they might make up something like “enjoys his job and isn’t just here until something better crops up.”

Nothing to hide nothing to be bothered about,its only a publicity thing for Customers

Bet the customers know who you are anyway with all that moaning you do :wink: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

tango boy:
Bet the customers know who you are anyway with all that moaning you do :wink: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

■■■■■■■■. :laughing:

Cotswoldcrunch:

tango boy:

See :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

tango boy:

Cotswoldcrunch:

tango boy:

See :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

'Kew. :laughing:

tell them your a racist homophobic and don’t want to be seen with a bunch of sootys and woofters…would that not be reason enough to take a back seat for the pics?..your quite right not to take part as its nothing to do with driving other than some pc mince that is an insult to your privacy :confused:

dieseldog999:
tell them your a racist homophobic and don’t want to be seen with a bunch of sootys and woofters…

:laughing:

They are presumably hoping that there will be some financial gain to the company as a result and consider this a reasonable request. In which case a nominal payment to you of say £20 - £50 a year would seem to be in order as another reasonable request. Any decent union would be pushing for this.

I think the idea’s been muted re the drivers. At a transport meeting earlier, one of us mentioned “Data Protection Act”.

My other half was recently profiled for company website and as soon as i read it i said theres no way you said this about work she asked how dis i know and i said in four paragraphs useless c***s hasnt been used.

If a limited company driver - Copyright your image.

“This image of ■■■ remains the intellectual property of yyy Ltd at all times. It may not be used in any commercial venture without express approval of the person depicted.”
In my experience, “photo card badges” only get looked at by:-

(1) Customers - to know who to drop in the crapper with their idle complaint

(2) Passers By - who knowing that Joe Bloggs is “out at work for the day” - can then go around and burgle his house, or strike up an affair with the wife - depending upon weather one works days or nights.

(3) Managers - They forgot who you are since yesterday, and therefore need that constant reminder that the name badge provides.

(4) Kids - So they can have a giggle at your daft sounding name. Phillip McCrackin, Ivor Lott, Tony Broke, Jack Pott, Daniel Druff, Richard Head, or whatever…

I’m willing to purchase your image rights for a nominal fee. Your company can then negotiate with me directly.