Dashcam for vertical windscreen

Cheap dashcams all seem to be made to fit to a sloping car windscreen, so if you attached one to a vertical truck windscreen, it would be facing down towards the road. Does anyone know of one that would actually face forwards in a truck? Thanks.

Add a RAMmount arm with ball joints to the mount and you can manipulate it how you want

I use…

A car type mounting. For the best view if you’re placing the camera in the centre of the screen at the bottom, tilt the camera just slightly downwards. That way you’ll capture near on everything that occurs. If you angle it flat to the screen, you’ll end up with 60% clouds and sky.

wanderingstar:
Cheap dashcams all seem to be made to fit to a sloping car windscreen, so if you attached one to a vertical truck windscreen, it would be facing down towards the road. Does anyone know of one that would actually face forwards in a truck? Thanks.

The ones we have specially fitted point at an angle towards the road, it’s not an issue as it’ll still capture more than plenty.

Cheap ones do, but if you buy a decent one they have a joint which leys you angle it anyway you want. I use Nextbase 522GW but I think most of theirs do the same thing.

Thanks - these are extremely useful replies and I will be trying out your recommendations.

I have a Garmin Dash Cam Mini and it’s sound. Got it from Argos. The sticky ball and joint mount works beautifully on a vertical truck windscreen. Make sure to use a Sandisk 64GB memory card though. Cheap memory cards aren’t as good.

Most all cameras allow for some adjustment of the angle of the lens whether it be the whole camera on a ball arrangement or the lens being able to be rotated. Can’t say I’ve seen one that wouldn’t work for a truck windscreen as yet off the top of my head. All nextbase ones are fine, black view also fine even most of the cheap unbranded ones I’ve seen are also fine.

Thank you for the additional tips. I’ve followed the advice on here and tried a cheapo dashcam from Amazon and it’s been absolutely fine from an angle point of view, much to my surprise. Once you tighten the ball socket right up it can actually go as vertical as I like, but as mentioned in this thread, it turns out it’s actually better angled downwards after all. The only issue with the camera is the image gets terribly dark as the afternoon wears on - but that’s a different issue and one I may be able to correct in the settings. I’m sure without this thread I would have just sent it back without trying it out so I’m very grateful!