Dashcam demo

Following a few recent near misses that weren’t my fault,I decided to invest in a dashcam.
After reading good reviews,decided on the Nextbase 402 G.This is just a short demo of it in operation.
Must admit,I’m very impressed by it,easy to set up and operate,and gives a decent image.I’d recommend it to anyone thinking of buying a dashcam.
Not cheap at £119,but I’ve bought cheap and nasty before,and they generally last about 2 weeks :imp:
There’s a loss of quality on the You Tube footage,the images that you get on a PC are much better.

I was considering that model a while back, would you say it was portable enough to use in different vehicles on a daily basis?

Got something called prince I think.
In the car plugged into the ■■■ socket so live every time the ignition is on and over run 3 min after switched off.
Play back on the cam is not brill but put it on the computer and it’s perfect and the sound quality is really good.
Paid £30 on the jungle website.
Came with micro sd card too

^ I think you mean “e-prance” :wink:

DearBoy:
I was considering that model a while back, would you say it was portable enough to use in different vehicles on a daily basis?

Definitely,just the usual “lick and stick” mounting,and it has a seriously long power cable so it doesn’t impede access to the dashboard.
I remove mine each night as my truck is sometimes used by our night shift,takes a matter of seconds.
And it’s quite small,I keep mine in an old 7" tablet case.

To be honest, for that kind of money I would expect better. Unless it was Youtube that made it blurred.

I think it looks pretty good. You can pause it and read a number plate from a car travelling in the opposite direction, there’s a lot that cant manage to freeze it and read a number plate, especially from a closing speed of probably in excess of 90 mph like in the OP’s video.

We have Smartwitness fitted to everything, the first clip shows the detail of the data , an excellent system.

youtube.com/watch?v=SGLAglNTG1U

Santa:
To be honest, for that kind of money I would expect better. Unless it was Youtube that made it blurred.

Definitely YT’s fault :unamused: …or perhaps there’s a knack to uploading that I’m unaware of :blush:
Really good HD images on computer screen which are replicated if you burn to DVD.

I’m reliably informed Santa (although he doesn’t rate it, apparently) has one in stock for me soon. :smiley:

I reckon that Santa could do with one on his sleigh…apparently one of his reindeers has got a bit of a drink problem :wink:
Seriously though,you won’t be disappointed,mine has been a Godsend already.
I was accused of being abusive (■■■■■■ and jeffing etc.) to a “lady” who had parked stupidly,preventing me from entering one of my drops.
Fortunately,the conversation was picked up by the dashcam ( and some sixth sense warned me to save that part of the recording ),so I could prove to my boss that my biggest sin was calling her stupid,and telling her to use some common sense…so despite the PC times that we live in,I am still gainfully employed :sunglasses: