Dashboard cleaner/polish

Our place got a load of pink chrome given to us. I went back to “acquire” a bottle for my car, and it would seem that we now have drums of it for topping our bottles up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think we need to wait and see what Dipper recommends, I’m sure he needs a lot of it! :open_mouth:

Never seen the point of buying over priced designated truck valeting stuff (In cab btw, NOT on about tank polish and such crap) when you can buy bog standard household stuff from Tesco, at a fraction of the price that does the same job. :bulb:

I use any nice smelling (preferably citrus based) multi purpose spray liquid cleaner for the mats and floor, and beeswax spray polish for the dash and any other plastic trim for well under a tenner (still enough change for a bag of chips and bus fare home :laughing: )
I fail to see how I could get it any cleaner by going to Poplars or somewhere and spending a fortune on over priced ‘Truck polish’
I aint a compulsive obsessesd polisher by the way, I just like my cab clean and tidy to live in.

Evil8Beezle:
I think we need to wait and see what Dipper recommends, I’m sure he needs a lot of it! :open_mouth:

He maybe …makes his own. :smiley:

That’s way too much info

Daytrunker:
“Finish” from autosmart is good smells nice aswell. Don’t think it’s that expensive either.

I was thinking of AS interior dressing myself

Colin_scottish:
ebay and get some autosmart that is also good stuff.

As AS are a franchise they don’t sell stuff on eBay & the franchisees can’t sell it on there either so it’s highly likely any AS stuff on eBay is fake, diluted down & doesn’t come with proper COSHH guidelines. Which is why AS are actively working with eBay to shut down sellers selling AS products. So give the eBay stuff a wide berth

Word of warning regarding chrome pink, always wipe off from polished surfaces as when left to dry leaves a nasty haze difficult to remove.

peirre:

Daytrunker:
“Finish” from autosmart is good smells nice aswell. Don’t think it’s that expensive either.

I was thinking of AS interior dressing myself

Colin_scottish:
ebay and get some autosmart that is also good stuff.

As AS are a franchise they don’t sell stuff on eBay & the franchisees can’t sell it on there either so it’s highly likely any AS stuff on eBay is fake, diluted down & doesn’t come with proper COSHH guidelines. Which is why AS are actively working with eBay to shut down sellers selling AS products. So give the eBay stuff a wide berth

Oh no… no proper COSHH guidelines… :unamused:

Like do nt swallow?

Demon Clean first - no point polishing a dirty truck - find its good for cleaning all the old “polish” off and getting back to the original surface . OCD dash polish ( from Lockerbie Truckstop ) leaves a nice smell and dosent leave a silicone slick through out the truck .
It works for me .