Dashboard Cameras (again)

Want to buy one of these but they only seem to be available on ebay or Amazon.
Does anyone know an actual shop where you can walk in and get one. I would like to see
what I’m buying.
Thanks.

I got mine direct from roadhawk. i would think maplin would have similar if not the same on the shelf but just buy direct from roadhawk. mine arrived next day and had no probs at all.

Check at your local In Car Entertainment place - they may stock branded ones like roadhawk, but you’ll probably be paying a premium for them so go & have a look at them there & then buy the same model on-line. :smiley:

Try one of these on e-bay
Item number: 230663803370

Don’t use ebay. Mine blew up and because it was after 45 days I wasn’t covered by their buyer protection policy and still haven’t received a full refund from the seller who has conveniently disappeared.

Try ebuyer.com

My roadhawk died this week…

Have you tried Maplins? you can normally buy stuff like inverters etc there a lot cheaper than truckstops and the like.

Thanks everyone for the replies. Have tried all the usual outlets Maplins etc., guess will just have to
go down the online route.

My roadhawk is under warranty though and I just need to send it off to get a new one, so far they have been very helpful.

robroy:
Have you tried Maplins? you can normally buy stuff like inverters etc there a lot cheaper than truckstops and the like.

I got a flyer from Maplins this week offering a dash camera for i think £34.99 or there abouts. Unfortunately i threw it away, but it might be worth checking on thier website. Not sure what make or quality it is mind.

what’s the correct term for the following type of recording?
2 seconds of recording every 15 seconds. or similar.

how many hours of recording do you get out of these things?

tallyman:
Check at your local In Car Entertainment place - they may stock branded ones like roadhawk, but you’ll probably be paying a premium for them so go & have a look at them there & then buy the same model on-line.
:smiley:

Which is probably why your average In Car Entertainment centre isn’t going to stock them. :laughing:

truckerjon:

robroy:

I got a flyer from Maplins this week offering a dash camera for i think £34.99 or there abouts. Unfortunately i threw it away, but it might be worth checking on thier website. Not sure what make or quality it is mind.

Looks like the same type you can get off Ebay;

maplin.co.uk/vga-journey-recorder-625683

Are Roadhawk the only ones that have GPS? Was thinking about being able to track the vehicle online.
I have GPS tracking on my phone but it’s not so good.

Sorry OP, didn’t mean to hi-jack your thread.

Theres guy on the coach driver forum sells them from a shop in the stockton area www.carcamwarehouse.com/
a few coach driver have bought from him and seem quite happy.He is quite happy to meet you within the local area and take cash he is also happy to answer questions on the fone before you place an order no pressure selling.

■■■■! Thought you mean’t Stockton, as in Teeside… :frowning:

limeyphil:
how many hours of recording do you get out of these things?

Depends what size gb memory card you use . The bigger memory card the more storage facility.
With some, 16gb will give you about a good 1 hours worth ,
after that depending on type of recorder , it will start recording over the top of the 1st previous recordings (loop recording).

Go for a 32gb card or 64 if you want large timescales ,
bigger cards are available :wink:
You can always download card contents to a lappy and re-record and take away.

I used to use the Daily Roads Voyager app on my android, but since upgrading to Ice Cream sandwich OS, it doesn’t work.
Downloaded a similar appp called ‘Autoboy Black Box’ looks alot better than daily roads, but haven’t had chance to try it out yet.

Are these stand alone units or do they need plumbing in to the trucks computer to log speed, brake use, indicators etc?

Derf:
I used to use the Daily Roads Voyager app on my android, but since upgrading to Ice Cream sandwich OS, it doesn’t work.
Downloaded a similar appp called ‘Autoboy Black Box’ looks alot better than daily roads, but haven’t had chance to try it out yet.

Same here but I changed mine to Kimgisa blackbox and I’m pleased with it and it was all free.